Rock River and Springfield Armory sold out our neighbors in Illinois.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The powerful using the law to enrich themselves? How long has this been going on?:D

Just because it's happens doesn't make it right. I'm reminded of a quote that hung in 2 Courtrooms you've practiced in, "Just because you have the right to so something doesn't make it the right thing to do".

As far as I'm concerned I'm voting with my dollars and refusing to buy from either company and encouraging others to do the same. If money talks then losing market share to your competitors screams. It took 10+ years, the death of Bill Ruger and a demonstrated change in direction before Ruger got back on my "it's okay to buy from" list when they pulled the same stunt in 94.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have some Les Baers. Sounds like I should make a Barrett my next store bought AR. I would to be sure and support the "true believers".

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    My Springfield Armory T shirt will now go into the rag bag. No more mags for any of my SA guns and they will now move up the ladder as trade bait for future deals. Don't own anything from RRA but it and SA are on my ignore list along with CTD

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I wonder if we'll see a bunch of SA & RRA "For Sale" ads now?
    Always wanted to pick up an M1A and TRP for cheap ;)

Bob

I have 2 TRP's and regardless of what the company does they will never be cheap along with the rest of the fleet.
    It truly sucks when we see what corporate level values really are.
    Like Kirk said.......sell you out in a split second for a juicy contract. Look at Colt. What they did with Gov. was not far off as they crapped on the small guy as well. IMHO of course.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I wonder if we'll see a bunch of SA & RRA "For Sale" ads now?
    Always wanted to pick up an M1A and TRP for cheap ;)

Bob
    LOL. I certainly won't be selling my M1A... I am not that hurt by their actions :laugh:. I have thought several times though about buying a TRP. That probably won't happen at this point unless something changes.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I won't get rid of my SA. Bought it used and most of the parts have been traded out for USGI anyways. Got rid of the 10 round mag that came with it too.

But I won't buy anything from them anyway. Not that I did. Quality on the M1A was flagging anyway, thier accessories are overpriced for the M1A and I never bought them anyway. Thier scope mount isn't worth a damn ether.

Have considered RRA stuff before, but won't be buying anything from them, or SA again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    LOL. I certainly won't be selling my M1A... I am not that hurt by their actions :laugh:. I have thought several times though about buying a TRP. That probably won't happen at this point unless something changes.

There are so many really good used pieces floating around out there.
    Fairly priced (or not) and in good condition.
    No, will never buy another new SA but I will get some used ones when I feel the need to put way to much money back into a gun to Hot-Rod it......:)

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Springfield Armory, Rock River Arms Trade Opposition to Illinois FFL Licensing Scheme for Carve-Out - The Truth About Guns

read the article, but the two Illinois gun makers sold out everyone else in Ill for an exemption from some legislation tightening regulations on gun shops.

i urge you to start boycotting SA and RRA products!

Maybe we can work out a trade, we trade Illinois for every county they have except Cook County, and we give Lake and Porter counties in IN to IL.

I`ve already boycotted the great communist state of Illinois. They are so anti-gun, and hostile to gun owners and gun ownership, I`ll never hunt there, no matter how great their white-tail hunting is. It is despicable that they work so hard to limit their citizens God-given, and constitutionally recognized right to self-defense.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There are so many really good used pieces floating around out there.
    Fairly priced (or not) and in good condition.
    No, will never buy another new SA but I will get some used ones when I feel the need to put way to much money back into a gun to Hot-Rod it......:)
    They may see the light yet and reverse course.

PTinbound

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    DeMotte
    Time for gun owners to boycott this turncoat company for selling us out in Illinois. There go my plans to get a Range officer and an M1A. I guess it's Fulton Armory, Glocks, and other 1911s for me. Shame on you, Springfield. The CEO had better do some serious and public groveling and immediate change of policy/position with a public apology for any hope to win us back.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    There may be hope for Rock River. I guess they were just sending money and not paying attention to what the IFMA was doing.

Springfield and Rock River Illinois Sell-Out: Picking up the Pieces - The Truth About Guns

Meanwhile, over at the Rock River booth at the NRA convention, owner Chuck Larson has professed innocence in the matter. He’s told several industry types that he had no contact with IFMA lobbyist Jay Keller and knew nothing of this carve-out. What’s more, Larson seems genuinely appalled by what happened

Top Bottom