Rock River and Springfield Armory sold out our neighbors in Illinois.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    From what I am seeing SA does not even really care.
    I have been one of their biggest supporters of the 1911 offerings. That is done as to new pieces. No more. Ever. No matter what they do now.
    I am sure my change of heart will not even be noticed but if more of us turn our backs it will be.

I've noticed many people forgive & forget very quickly. S&W and Ruger, CTD and several others. It seems to many saving a buck or two is more important. I'm sure they will take a hit in sales but within a year, probably less, they will be right back where they were.

I have a long memory when it comes to things like this. I don't deal with companies that actively oppose values and ideas I believe in or deliberately deceive me or their customer base.

I washed my hands of SA, CTD, Netflix etc. a long time ago. Things changed with Ruger and S&W. New leadership and they have made things right again IMO.

Even here we'll be reading about how wonderful SA is this July.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Sounds like they are smarter than Springfield

Only in the fact they are in full damage control. I'm the one who is calling BS. To anyone who believes that they were not in communication with their lobbyist, that were not informed of the "compromise" before hand and gave their approval then I have a bridge to sell you. It's in great shape, only driven on by little old ladies going to church on Sundays and they only drove one way.

Think about it, who would pay large sums to a lobbyist to represent their interests in such matters and not know what the lobbyist is doing? What company would hire a lobbyist without discussing what compromises they are willing to accept and not accept? What lobbyist would keep such things from their client? (Only a lobbyist that never wanted to work as a lobbyist again, that's who.) Now I'm also sure that on smaller matters the communication may not flow as readily between the 2 but on a piece of legislation as profound as SB-1657 do you really think there wasn't any communication back and forth?

If I'm wrong and everything RRA claims is true , that they were totally unaware, they are still complicit in this because they failed to keep informed as to what their lobbyist was doing, they failed rein in their lobbyist and if the couldn't, (because of Springfield) they failed to distance themselves and make it known that they did and why . Of course if this went through without all the uproar then they would have benefited so maybe they didn't want to look too closely? Since both RRA and Springfield are the major contributors to the lobbying group then both bare responsibility for this and deserve the wrath from their customers and the firearms community they are now receiving.

Just my :twocents:.

indyguy333

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2015
    Huntington
    RRA is small enough a coordinated boycott could bankrupt them given enough time. Would be splendid to make an example of them. SA is too big and too many govt contracts

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I think that the best thing that we as Pro 2nd Amendment supporters can do is let our money speak for us. If they see a rapid loss in sales volume maybe they will recognize the error of their decision. They have some nice products and it would be a shame for them to have to set on their inventory.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Checked the SA & RRA Instagram pages, salty! If all these peeps are serious, & don't soon forget, their bottom lines will be negatively impacted.

I still will not buy from CTD or Lucky G.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I know. It sucks. But my money won't go to a company that threw us under the bus.

Well, the company names are the same but the people behind the decisions for bus-throwing-under are gone. I get it, though, the Hillary hole in the S&W revolver always reminds me of the Clinton AWB and the nasty taste the "sellout" left in our mouths and "end times" feeling that went along with it.

Sometimes you have to salvage what you can. During the Clinton AWB, I was furious with the NRA. I joined the GOA and stopped my NRA membership. I've come to realize that was likely counterproductive. Compromise may not be what you want, but if you are totally inflexible you may not get a spot at the table period, then you're voiceless. Tough situation to be in.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    So RRA is surprised. Let's see them put their money where their mouth is and petition to have their exemption removed from the bill.

I won't be holding my breath.

I would add that they ALSO need to get their lobbyist to change directions OR drop said lobbyist (no more donations). If they do what you said and what I added, then I will reconsider purchasing from them.

Stolen from Facebook:

Just announced-
    New pricing on the Springfield Armory XD-E, only 30 pieces of silver.

Shots fired! Love it :)

From what I am seeing SA does not even really care.
    I have been one of their biggest supporters of the 1911 offerings. That is done as to new pieces. No more. Ever. No matter what they do now.
    I am sure my change of heart will not even be noticed but if more of us turn our backs it will be.

Same here. I really like my SA V-10 Ultra Compact, have kept it at the ready for many years, and will continue to do so...but I absolutely will NOT be purchasing any more SA products, new or used. And hopefully enough of us will stand together that it will be noticed.

Personally, I have only accepted S&W and Ruger back into my purchasing fold after ownership/leadership changes and a tangible and sustained change in corporate direction.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    XDe Judas.jpg

I like my XD45, it's my EDC. I have been wanting to test shoot a Mod.2 in hopes of buying one for an EDC, but with this news that seems unlikely.
    With the softening of the market, how nuts does a gun company have to be to shoot itself in the foot.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Few questions:

1. Was the bill going to pass regardless?
    2. If so, doesn't the exception keep less firearms businesses from being regulated by the state (every IL manufacturer and bix box stores)?
    3. Does it mater or does the symbolism trump the substance?

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Few questions:

1. Was the bill going to pass regardless?
    2. If so, doesn't the exception keep less firearms businesses from being regulated by the state (every IL manufacturer and bix box stores)?
    3. Does it mater or does the symbolism trump the substance?

The bill passed the Senate by a one vote margin after the IFMA, (the lobbying group who's major contributors are Springfield and RRA) changed their stance from opposed to neutral. It gave some cover to the the politicians that were on the fence to go ahead and vote for the bill. Without the IFMA changing their stance there was a good chance that the votes wouldn't have been there to get it passed. I guess we'll never know for sure but thing is certain by changing their stance to neutral didn't help and most likely hurt the gun owners and small shops in IL. Look up read just what is in SB-1657 and see how bad it is for those in IL.

To answer your last question, at this point in the fight to preserve our what is left of our gun rights symbolism means everything, it shows we are no longer willing to roll over and "compromise" to the gun control groups.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Few questions:

1. Was the bill going to pass regardless? NO!
    2. If so, doesn't the exception keep less firearms businesses from being regulated by the state (every IL manufacturer and bix box stores)? s! No, it regulates more firearms!
    3. Does it mater or does the symbolism trump the substance? Yes it matters to all of the Illinoisans whose rights are being further infringed!

Please excuse my shouting every loss for us is substantive.

Top Bottom