Rock River and Springfield Armory sold out our neighbors in Illinois.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Has anyone actually sent an e-mail to either company.

They need to be assailed with e-mails and pounded back into shape.

the SAI Facebook page is under heavy siege and assault. They had to disable ratings as they fell from 4.5 to 1 and turn off visitor messages, but the replys to thier posts are salty as heck.

RRA doesn't have a Facebook page.... weeeird.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    the SAI Facebook page is under heavy siege and assault. They had to disable ratings as they fell from 4.5 to 1 and turn off visitor messages, but the replys to thier posts are salty as heck.

RRA doesn't have a Facebook page.... weeeird.

I just went over there and yes they are getting no less than they deserve.
    They need to know we are watching. Listening. Responding.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    There may be hope for Rock River. I guess they were just sending money and not paying attention to what the IFMA was doing.

Springfield and Rock River Illinois Sell-Out: Picking up the Pieces - The Truth About Guns

I'm calling BS on on Chuck Larson's comment concerning RRA. You don't send large sums of money to a lobbyist and not know what they lobbying for, especially when it come to a bill like SB-1657 that affects the very foundation of your business. I'm sure he's appalled, appalled he got caught selling out small dealers and gun owners in IL.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I'm calling BS on on Chuck Larson's comment concerning RRA. You don't send large sums of money to a lobbyist and not know what they lobbying for, especially when it come to a bill like SB-1657 that affects the very foundation of your business. I'm sure he's appalled, appalled he got caught selling out small dealers and gun owners in IL.

Winner. He's 'appalled' he got caught trying to fix the system for his own skin and screw his own dealers and customers.

Double- :poop::poop:BS. They knew exactly what they were sending $50,000 each for.

SHAME.

:ingo:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The RRA Facebook page linked is just some unofficial template.

How can you run a business now and not have an official Facebook presence.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    It's unofficial, so they probably won't even really notice.

I'm sure they have someone that keeps tabs on the unofficial page. A company would be a fool not to monitor a page, official or otherwise, if it concerns their company. Oh wait... they did sell out so I guess they proved they're fools but still I'm sure they keep an eye on it.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    A comment made by the RRA moderator on Arfcom.

RRA's owner is at NRAAM in Atlanta, where he is meeting with a number of people about this. While many of the necessary people are in Atlanta, some are not which is complicating things.
    RRA has been opposed to this bill (and earlier bills prior to it for more than a decade) and is still in 100% opposition to it. Both our exemption and the change in our lobbyist's position from "opposed" to "no position" were surprises to us. We found out after many of you, and have been trying to make sense of it since.
    A statement will be forthcoming as soon as it is possible to make one that is accurate and complete. It may still come out today.
    Thank you all for your consideration and to the many who have been willing to give us the benefit of the doubt.
    Steve/RRA

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    A comment made by the RRA moderator on Arfcom.

RRA's owner is at NRAAM in Atlanta, where he is meeting with a number of people about this. While many of the necessary people are in Atlanta, some are not which is complicating things.
    RRA has been opposed to this bill (and earlier bills prior to it for more than a decade) and is still in 100% opposition to it. Both our exemption and the change in our lobbyist's position from "opposed" to "no position" were surprises to us. We found out after many of you, and have been trying to make sense of it since.
    A statement will be forthcoming as soon as it is possible to make one that is accurate and complete. It may still come out today.
    Thank you all for your consideration and to the many who have been willing to give us the benefit of the doubt.
    Steve/RRA
    Sounds like they are smarter than Springfield

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    So RRA is surprised. Let's see them put their money where their mouth is and petition to have their exemption removed from the bill.

I won't be holding my breath.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Stolen from Facebook:

Just announced-
    New pricing on the Springfield Armory XD-E, only 30 pieces of silver.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Has anyone actually sent an e-mail to either company.

They need to be assailed with e-mails and pounded back into shape.

I posted a response to Guy's post and heavily tagged SA in it pointing out I will never buy a new SA product if I ever buy one and will stick to used inventory only so as not to contribute any more to their bottom line. (Sorry, if I want a M1A, Fulton STARTS at about 2.5x my budget :faint: )

I did see several comments on the SA page that they are deleting the negative comments like crazy. Unfortunately they dont appear to be able to keep up. About 80% of their posts contain a good number of negative comments. If they want to contain this, they are going to have to completely turn off ALL comments for a while.

Stolen from Facebook:

Just announced-
    New pricing on the Springfield Armory XD-E, only 30 pieces of silver.

In my post above I told them to not trip over their sandals picking up the 30 pieces and referenced Matthew 26:14-16. Glad to see I wasnt the only one that made the reference, because it is what they are.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    18157256_10155066465532324_1221229636250963654_n.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Haven't bought a Springfield since they lied to us during the XDS recall.

From what I am seeing SA does not even really care.
    I have been one of their biggest supporters of the 1911 offerings. That is done as to new pieces. No more. Ever. No matter what they do now.
    I am sure my change of heart will not even be noticed but if more of us turn our backs it will be.

Top Bottom