• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The K-Mart didn't get shot up by baggy panted urban individuals with HiPoints, though.

Correct but SJPD is notorious for not wanting "that type of people" in their town. They don't like anyone from NORTHERN LAKE COUNTY (Ie. Bill B was told "you people" when he was arrested after they found out he was from Hammond, IN and especially any of the following shades:

shades-of-brown-Co-701383.jpg

or
    Shades%20-%20Black.jpg

Thus why is someone fitting that descriptions above were to OC in KMart it would be all heck break loose.

Short summary SJ is like some of those small towns way down southern IN where it's best to to visit if you are not of European light color.

Not saying it's right or wrong but growing up Grandma always told me go anywhere you want in LAKE COUNTY but **NOT** SJ.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Oh, I live here. I know how they react to darker complected individuals. Every time I see them conducting a traffic stop and there are multiple SJPD vehicles, I joke "Oh must be a black guy"

Sadly, I'm usually right.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    funny enough, i worked at a repair shop in the area and we alway's serviced police cars from most towns, at least the bigger stuff that the city garage wouldn't handle or wasn't equipped for, and one time a black guy that worked with me drove a st. john squad on the alignment rack and i just couldn't help myself and yelled across the shop "I can promise you, you're the first black man to ever sit in the FRONT SEAT of a st. john squad!!!!" of course he and the entire shop thought it was hilarious and probably true. :D

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Ok, I finally got fed up and called the ISP today and spoke with a very helpful, pleasant lady.
    She told me that it takes an average of 90 days for a decision to come down after the hearing, there is only one person in that section and they are overwhelmed.
    So with me being only sixty days out, it is nothing unusual.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ok, I finally got fed up and called the ISP today and spoke with a very helpful, pleasant lady.
    She told me that it takes an average of 90 days for a decision to come down after the hearing, there is only one person in that section and they are overwhelmed.
    So with me being only sixty days out, it is nothing unusual.

I'm sure that is what they tell "you people". ;)
    Well look on the bright side you are more than 1/2 past the "avg" waiting time. Guess I'll go make more :popcorn:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I don't want to say too much until after I file a complaint with the chief, but I am :xmad::xmad::xmad:
    My wife and I were on the wrong end of a "man with a gun" call. The only plus is that neither my wife nor I were proned out, but we were berated for about 15 minutes this evening.
    I'll be filing a complaint in a few hours, in the meantime just be aware that Saint John Indiana doesn't like citizens that know their rights.

This isn't surprising to me.
    Lake County always tries to exempt themselves from having Indiana gun laws apply to them.

So it's understandable that they're gonna hassle people who operate under laws that Lake County doesn't like having to follow.

I grew up in Jasper County, and whenever I go North on I65, I consider myself in Chicago when I'm North of US 30.
    (I consider Lake County like a "transition zone" between civilization, and Chicago, Illinois. :-) )

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    Lake County always tries to exempt themselves from having Indiana gun laws apply to them.

I haven't seen that to be the case. Ya got a broad brush, fella!

So it's understandable that they're gonna hassle people who operate under laws that Lake County doesn't like having to follow.

As in any county there will be some that try.

I grew up in Jasper County, and whenever I go North on I65, I consider myself in Chicago when I'm North of US 30.
    (I consider Lake County like a "transition zone" between civilization, and Chicago, Illinois. :-) )

:ugh: Insulting your fellow Hoosiers gets you nowhere.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

:dunno: I live right down the road, and to be honest, his assessment is not that far off.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

JR50 I don't think any of us from "da hood" were insulted by his comments. If we were we would have just :ar15:him with our hi-points while sipping grape kool-aid! :D

Besides he is from Fishers, IN! That's like in Indy! & we all know that once you go south of Lake County all there is to see is a bunch of red-neck, wanna be hooisers that probably came from Kentucky. :D

It's all good NORTH vs SOUTH hoosier debate about the other side being the cease-pool of corruption. :laugh:

BTW here is a SHAMELESS PLUG for some upcomig NWI events!!!

UPCOMING EVENTS
    MEET & SHOOT - SAT 28 MAY 2011
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...wi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_sat_28_may_2011_a.html

Every Wed: Lunch, Cigars, and Guns @ Pine Island Pit Stop Cigar Lounge
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ne_island_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_part_2_a.html

Appleseed June 25-26 @ Norther Porter County, IN
    2011 North Porter County, IN Appleseed Information

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I've never had a problem with Hammond Police or in Hammond. Heck, even when they served the warrant they were polite and said that it was a bunch of b.s.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

If you look at the history of gun laws passed at the state level, Lake County often tries to have themselves exempted from them.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    JR50 I don't think any of us from "da hood" were insulted by his comments. If we were we would have just :ar15:him with our hi-points while sipping grape kool-aid! :D

Besides he is from Fishers, IN! That's like in Indy! & we all know that once you go south of Lake County all there is to see is a bunch of red-neck, wanna be hooisers that probably came from Kentucky. :D

It's all good NORTH vs SOUTH hoosier debate about the other side being the cease-pool of corruption. :laugh:

BTW here is a SHAMELESS PLUG for some upcomig NWI events!!!

UPCOMING EVENTS
    MEET & SHOOT - SAT 28 MAY 2011
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...wi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_sat_28_may_2011_a.html

Every Wed: Lunch, Cigars, and Guns @ Pine Island Pit Stop Cigar Lounge
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ne_island_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_part_2_a.html

Appleseed June 25-26 @ Norther Porter County, IN
    2011 North Porter County, IN Appleseed Information

Ouch!! That one hit close to home. Accurate though. :D
    They taught the 3r's in the Pulaski County Kentucky School System.............readin', ritin', and route 41 to Boswell.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    So any news???

I just hung up the phone with the ISP firearms section. The lady said that a decision hasn't been handed down yet, but I should be hearing from them in the next week.:rolleyes:
    Kinda leads me to believe that it has been decided, but they can't tell me over the phone:xmad:
    *sigh* I've been walking around "naked" for seven months, not a good feeling.

Top Bottom