• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn

I think you misrepresented the "$40" bonus the police get in that article. It says they get the $40 to show up in court, kind of like overtime pay. It's not some sort of bounty system that they get per arrest as you stated.

OTOH, I could see that in the worst of the police officers that it could be used as such.

I'll have to read more of that site. It sounds interesting, at least on the first page.

Thanks

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    I think you misrepresented the "$40" bonus the police get in that article. It says they get the $40 to show up in court, kind of like overtime pay. It's not some sort of bounty system that they get per arrest as you stated.

OTOH, I could see that in the worst of the police officers that it could be used as such.

I'll have to read more of that site. It sounds interesting, at least on the first page.

Thanks
    use whatever terminology you like it still comes down to the same result they make money for arresting people. ever wonder why jails are over capacity? ever wonder why cops are living in 300 k houses?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    The plot thickens. On Friday at 3:00 a warrant was issued for my arrest. I was arrested at 9:00 am Saturday and was finally released about 6:00 pm after posting $1000 bond. I have no idea what the charges are, but will be talking to my lawyer tuesday.
    Anyone want to contribute to my legal defense?
    I will say no more until this is done with.
    Contact the NRA, and see if they can help, I know they help people in
    situations like this...

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    use whatever terminology you like it still comes down to the same result they make money for arresting people.

Personally, I don't know anyone making extra money per arrest. All we make is base pay and it's not a lot.

ever wonder why jails are over capacity?

People breaking the law? The Lake County Jail has actually started a book & release program. As long as the person isn't charged with a serious violent crime they photograph, print, and release them with a court date. In some felony cases they may be required to wear a GPS braclet.

ever wonder why cops are living in 300 k houses?

Most of us work several different part-time jobs, if we added up the part-time hours it would be another full-time job. I know some guys that live off their part-time pay and invest their department paychecks. I am fortunate enough to have a wife that has a good paying career (believe me I have to hear about how much more she makes than I do). :rolleyes: Just so everyone knows... most of us do not get paid for court in this area. We get comp time and in most cases are assigned days off when it's convenient for the department schedules.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Looks like grandma was indeed right...
    "You (meaning me) have no business past US-30. Stay away."
    :faint:

Sad, sad day for freedom.

That's odd, mine told me to never go north of 24. :dunno: I had one Aunt that lived in Whiting, and another in Blue Island. I remember Dad always cussing about the cops in Saint John as we would pass through there. And that was 40 years ago.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    24? Hum... Don't think I know the road? 40 years ago and still the same mentality. Nice... :faint: In light of what is occurring to the OP I suggest we hold off on an OC event there for now no need to bring more trouble to the OP. Seems like his contact with the police uppers and the local politicians pissed them off and instead of a simple "we are sorry" they bring down the hammer. **sigh**

Now I could see a rally (for when the item goes to court) and all of us OC outside the courthouse in our support of the OP. Bring the press along and show what has happened.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    im an otr driver i live in evansville but go up that way alot if i know in advance ill be there. and have a 53 foot billboard if anyone would like to make a banner or something to show support for the op.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Well "hammond boy" :D (j/k) you did leave the "gettho" (anything NORTH of US-30 and WEST of I-65) & the cops down there (St. John & beyond) don't like anyone from the gettho. My sister-in-law lives in St. John and I try my darnest to not have to visit her or drive down there. Especially on US-41. They pull people over all the time right after Lake Central for speeding for even going over 3 mph. [It has not occured to me, but have been in the car as a passenger when it has occured].

sorry us highland residence will try to be more like ceder lake umkay:D

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I know you don't want to go into details but who are they saying to tried to intimidate? The person at the residents you went to, the responding officer, or the person you spoke with on the phone/left a message with/on their voice mail?

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    24? Hum... Don't think I know the road? 40 years ago and still the same mentality. Nice... :faint: In light of what is occurring to the OP I suggest we hold off on an OC event there for now no need to bring more trouble to the OP. Seems like his contact with the police uppers and the local politicians pissed them off and instead of a simple "we are sorry" they bring down the hammer. **sigh**

Now I could see a rally (for when the item goes to court) and all of us OC outside the courthouse in our support of the OP. Bring the press along and show what has happened.

Sound advice. I am all in favor of an OC demonstration to show solidarity with the OP. This appears to be a gross abuse of power. If/when a trial date is set please advise. :ingo:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Well "hammond boy" :D (j/k) you did leave the "gettho" (anything NORTH of US-30 and WEST of I-65) & the cops down there (St. John & beyond) don't like anyone from the gettho. My sister-in-law lives in St. John and I try my darnest to not have to visit her or drive down there. Especially on US-41. They pull people over all the time right after Lake Central for speeding for even going over 3 mph. [It has not occured to me, but have been in the car as a passenger when it has occured].
    They're actually pretty predictable, they always "hide" in one of two spots. Schilling's or the Aspen cafe parking lot.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer

24 is WAY south of 30...cuts through Remington, which is the southern tip of Jasper county.

It's also on Eastern time...not Chicago time like those of us who are actually in NWI! ;)

Okay, fine, I only live 10 miles north of Remington. I don't claim that I live in the "Region," but being in the Central time zone gets me close, at least.

Good luck to the OP. I have no legal skillz whatsoever, but I hope you find someone who can help you out.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    24 is WAY south of 30...cuts through Remington, which is the southern tip of Jasper county.

It's also on Eastern time...not Chicago time like those of us who are actually in NWI! ;)

Okay, fine, I only live 10 miles north of Remington. I don't claim that I live in the "Region," but being in the Central time zone gets me close, at least.

Good luck to the OP. I have no legal skillz whatsoever, but I hope you find someone who can help you out.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Ya don't live in "da region"! Ya have to live in LAKE COUNTY to have that title **AND** be a hard core "I vote straight party D every NOV" **AND** then complain that all the crooks are always in office. :laugh::laugh:

Plus your just as "brighter than light" as GhostOfWinter so your automatically by default not from Da Region unless you can prove with some talk that you from the ghetto. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Just saw that myself, looked all over the place for it last week - I thought it was 1987.

Might do this fellow some good to read it:

you are correct i was mistaken. though the lansing kmart was shot up as a robbery a few years back. the saint john insident happened before i was even 3. never even heard of it before this posting.

Last edited:

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    This really doesnt surprise me to much. It still sucks but look at the world we are currently living in. i give luck to the op and let us know if you want to hold an event to back you. im in. now more then ever we good folk need to stick togather. The baddies are winning far to often these days. Its becomeing the time where we MUST be heard. We all see whats coming down the road. None of us including me really wants to admit it but we still do see it. This saddens me deeply.

Top Bottom