• ...and so much more!
  • MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    CKW and I are considering looking into Costco. Heard good things just hate to make the change. We can rip through Sams with a list and get out pretty easily as we know where everything is.

We switched just because the meat selection is better at Costco. Got to feed the BGE!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yeah indyjohn brings up a good point. The hot food deals at Costco are great . I think I can get a LARGE slice of pizza and a coke for like $1.50.
    Now you have to be a member to eat there. I always thought you had to be but I guess not. I just stop after I go through the line.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    We have found that the quality of the food products at Costco is much higher than Sams. You also get extended warranties on TV’s at no cost. The bakery is also top notch...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We have found that the quality of the food products at Costco is much higher than Sams. You also get extended warranties on TV’s at no cost. The bakery is also top notch...
    I have to agree. Much better quality of food and other products offered. Not that Sam's doesn't also have quality and name brands. I'm meaning the Costco brands. Plus a lot more samples:):

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Yeah indyjohn brings up a good point. The hot food deals at Costco are great . I think I can get a LARGE slice of pizza and a coke for like $1.50.
    Now you have to be a member to eat there. I always thought you had to be but I guess not. I just stop after I go through the line.

Ya, that just happened in the last few weeks. Non members could go in for food but Costco has changed that so only members can walk in and get the good hot food deals.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Well Costco is nearly an hour one way travel for me. I tried to do the same price comparison that I did with the TP but they only show one selection of Charmin and nothing close to the quantity package we buy.

Not that it is all about the TP, that just happens to be the item I used for pricing.

Might make a run to the Kokomo Sam's this weekend. I need to go to pick up some tile for a project and that Menards has it in stock.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    If you ever hearing aids - Costco membership is way to go. I have bought 2 pair and my has one pair (over the years) and have saved THOUSANDS with "each" purchased. They heavily discount name brand and they have their own brand (rebranded). Warranty's are unbelievable. And yes, they are current models with all the features.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    We switched just because the meat selection is better at Costco. Got to feed the BGE!
    Definitely, all my meat that isn’t custom cut comes from Costco. They should be running a pork butt and ribs deal there soon. I buy by the case when it’s on sale and they cut the price even deeper by the case. Usually buy approx 80lbs of butts for $100-150 and backs for $200-230 pretty much fills the grills all summer. The ONLY meat I don’t ever buy is the ground beef 85-15 is the norm. Burgers are to be made with 80-20 ONLY IF 73-27 isn’t available.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Definitely, all my meat that isn’t custom cut comes from Costco. They should be running a pork butt and ribs deal there soon. I buy by the case when it’s on sale and they cut the price even deeper by the case. Usually buy approx 80lbs of butts for $100-150 and backs for $200-230 pretty much fills the grills all summer. The ONLY meat I don’t ever buy is the ground beef 85-15 is the norm. Burgers are to be made with 80-20 ONLY IF 73-27 isn’t available.

We have switched up to the Angus for burgers and it is fabulous. The standard Ground beef is used in other cooking.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Allergy medication makes the whole Costco membership pay for itself. 2 kids with awful spring allergies can hurt the wallet. can’t speak to the meat raise my own *♂️

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I will use 85-15 for burgers in a pan with bacon grease while sliced potatoes are running around in the air fryer.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We have a business membership there. In the past year we're racked up about$300 in rewards. We went in Monday(?) And loading up on stuff we were missing from our prep. It was outrageous how much stuff I had to carry to the basement. My knees were not happy. Multivitamins were 250 ct for 10 or something stupid.

The knees seem to like these two:

https://www.costco.com/youtheory-turmeric-1,000-mg.,-180-capsules.product.100411695.html

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-sig...lets.product.100293064.html?bvstate=pg:2/ct:r

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    When pricing TP consider the Members Mark brand. Good enough for us.

Lok online and do pricing to see how much you might save. Some things are stupid cheap. Some not so much.

We do not do the premium membership as we don’t get enough In rewards to justify it.

I am always shocked at how big the bill is. But is less than elsewhere for same amount.

FYI, It is not accurate to do online shopping to compare Costco unless you are shopping there online. They have frequent notice that warehouse prices are different.

Not sure what items they carry online compared to the warehouse.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Costco has always offered your money back if you do not get a rebate that covers your executive club membership. The rebate typically comes with or near your renewal time if it is less than you paid they take the check back at customer service, they give you the money you paid back then you give it back with your membership renewal money....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like meijer meat the best.

We shop Meijer due to the good selection of Gluten free food. The 13 year old G-daughter is terribly allergic so we watch her diet very carefully. Her issues tend to put a serious hitch in how we prep. No wheat/oats etc. No nuts or egg for her. I tend to worry over her. So we spend a crap load on her food as that stuff aint cheap. But it helps her parents. It also keeps her at our table a lot which is really OK with me. If we had a shtf situation she is a concern.

But, we look at the fresh cut meats there and often find a very nice roast to bring home.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Sams is 10 minutes down the road. Good selection for bulk food and paper products. Was in there yesyerday picking up some bulk rice. We go there once a month on average. If my wife is not with me, I pick up a $1.50 hot dog and drink on the way out.

Never been in a Costco. It is an hour away, and I dont make it to Indy that often.

Top Bottom