• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    The 13 year old G-daughter is terribly allergic so we watch her diet very carefully. Her issues tend to put a serious hitch in how we prep. No wheat/oats etc.

It's difficult to find clean oats, but oats don't inherently contain gluten.

GFS stores can order these in for you. We've had a number of people with various levels of gluten sensitivity (including Celiac disease) eat these over several years with no ill effects.

286070-PKG_06_1500672957000.jpg

They charge us $37 per 50 lb. bag.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's difficult to find clean oats, but oats don't inherently contain gluten.

GFS stores can order these in for you. We've had a number of people with various levels of gluten sensitivity (including Celiac disease) eat these over several years with no ill effects.

286070-PKG_06_1500672957000.jpg

They charge us $37 per 50 lb. bag.

Perfect. She is a Celiac. Add in about 30 other allergy's to the mix (some she is growing out of) and we have been on a most stressful journey with her.
    Riley Hospital was our last resort and they saved her life.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    We shop Meijer due to the good selection of Gluten free food. The 13 year old G-daughter is terribly allergic so we watch her diet very carefully. Her issues tend to put a serious hitch in how we prep. No wheat/oats etc. No nuts or egg for her. I tend to worry over her. So we spend a crap load on her food as that stuff aint cheap. But it helps her parents. It also keeps her at our table a lot which is really OK with me. If we had a shtf situation she is a concern.

But, we look at the fresh cut meats there and often find a very nice roast to bring home.
    Unfortunately, Meijer is the closest to me, so I have to shop there. I hate that store!! Whenever I go to get a specific item, they have “the JAGA” brand. If I want Oreo’s, they have Hydrox. If I want Jif, they have PeterPan, etc. if they DO have the specific brand I was looking for, it’s out of stock. Every time I go for their sale items, OOS. It seems they only restock 1 time per day, if it’s out at 8:00 A.M. it will stay that way until tomorrow, sometimes the next day. I just don’t understand the mentality of put half the store on the 10 for $10 sale, but don’t stock the shelves? Don’t get me started on the checkout lines!!!!!:xmad:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Unfortunately, Meijer is the closest to me, so I have to shop there. I hate that store!! Whenever I go to get a specific item, they have “the JAGA” brand. If I want Oreo’s, they have Hydrox. If I want Jif, they have PeterPan, etc. if they DO have the specific brand I was looking for, it’s out of stock. Every time I go for their sale items, OOS. It seems they only restock 1 time per day, if it’s out at 8:00 A.M. it will stay that way until tomorrow, sometimes the next day. I just don’t understand the mentality of put half the store on the 10 for $10 sale, but don’t stock the shelves? Don’t get me started on the checkout lines!!!!!:xmad:

Yeah I get that. Add in the usual suspects from the area and it is sometimes interesting. Our bank had a walk up branch in the store shop. They had to close it due to the locals. Idiots seem to be everywhere these days ands :poop: heads as well.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    If you ever hearing aids - Costco membership is way to go. I have bought 2 pair and my has one pair (over the years) and have saved THOUSANDS with "each" purchased. They heavily discount name brand and they have their own brand (rebranded). Warranty's are unbelievable. And yes, they are current models with all the features.
    I just want to second this.

Luckily my previous job paid for my hearing aids. But mine are $5500 for both (and while plenty nice and capable being that I take them in burning buildings and such, are still not technically top of the line). I compared at Costco and they had the exact features, capabilities, size, shape, and everything else- for about half price. I think they had other options that were less-extraneous-feature-rich, but also cheaper (not sure on that).

I'm under 30. If you need hearing aids, get them. Life changing in ways I didn't even understand beforehand. And my next pair will come from Costco, though hopefully my current ones last quite a while.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

boilerbrad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the boozy popsicles at Costco yet. They're great, but we still prefer Sam's. The Costco near us is always packed and the aisles feel narrower - it's harder to get around in there. The savings are real at both places and the 'premium' memberships are worth it. I think both places give you back the deficit of your premium membership cost and rewards gained as credit on next year's premium membership.

My favorite thing at Sam's right now is the discount on Seville Classics UltraHD line of garage furniture. The wood top tables are indestructible! https://www.samsclub.com/s/ultra hd

ClydeB

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Southern Hoosier
    Keep in mind I live in Southern Indiana and just work in Louisville. Used to have a Sams Club membership, But dropped them and got a Costco membership when the one on Bardstown Rd in Louisville opened up. Did it for two reasons, neither because of bulk shopping.

1. The Bardstown Rd. Costco is real close to where I work.
    2. They sell diesel much cheaper than elsewhere in Louisville, and everywhere in Indiana. Normally 20 cents cheaper than nearby Louisville gas stations. About 45 to 50 cents cheaper per gallon than anything I see in Southern Indiana. Yesterday I filled up the truck at $2.33 a gallon.

That cheaper fuel pays for the membership within a few months.

Last edited:

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Stopped by the Fort Wayne Sam’s club this morning for some odds and ends. Not overly crowded and most items were available. Did have a sign up in the rice aisle saying they were all out of rice, but they still had a good sized pile of 12 lb boxes of Uncle Ben’s original rice. Maybe Uncle Ben’s isn’t real rice?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Stopped by the Fort Wayne Sam’s club this morning for some odds and ends. Not overly crowded and most items were available. Did have a sign up in the rice aisle saying they were all out of rice, but they still had a good sized pile of 12 lb boxes of Uncle Ben’s original rice. Maybe Uncle Ben’s isn’t real rice?

I was at that same store on Monday around lunchtime. I watched the rice aisle be decimated like a hoard of locust had descended. There were five separate Asian families buying rice. Between those families they hauled out three pallets of 25# bags of rice in less than 20 minutes.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That's not good - I just ran out of medium grain. I was going to head to Woo's to get another monster bag of it, but it sound like he won't have any.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I’ve been a Sams club member forever it seems. The best thing they have going now is the scan and go feature on their app. Use your phone to scan your items and when you are finished, pay on your phone and you’re done. Just have to let them scan your phone as you exit. No waiting in line to check out!!!
    lots of stuff we regularly buy there, the Charmin TP being one of them. I was planning to head over Friday and stock up on some prepping foods. We used up quite a bit as well as lost a bit in our house fire a couple years ago. Finally moved back home this past week so time to start stocking up some more.

Matt

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I’ve been a Sams club member forever it seems. The best thing they have going now is the scan and go feature on their app. Use your phone to scan your items and when you are finished, pay on your phone and you’re done. Just have to let them scan your phone as you exit. No waiting in line to check out!!!
    lots of stuff we regularly buy there, the Charmin TP being one of them. I was planning to head over Friday and stock up on some prepping foods. We used up quite a bit as well as lost a bit in our house fire a couple years ago. Finally moved back home this past week so time to start stocking up some more.

Matt

First things first, sorry to hear about the fire. Glad you made it out okay and are back in now. Had one when I was in 8th grade. Really changes your perspective on things.

Second comment is a question about the Charmin TP. Do you get a better price than they have on the website? I realize that not going to walmart is worth a few pennies here or there.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    First things first, sorry to hear about the fire. Glad you made it out okay and are back in now. Had one when I was in 8th grade. Really changes your perspective on things.

Second comment is a question about the Charmin TP. Do you get a better price than they have on the website? I realize that not going to walmart is worth a few pennies here or there.

The wife keeps track of that stuff, she just trains me which store to buy what stuff from. I honestly don’t know.

Matt

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

OK this has got to be a 1st at least for me. Posting a pic of TP on Ingo.

This is what we stock up on. It is as good as any brand we have ever used and with a house full of estrogen TP is important.

Last time it was $18.50 for this.

unqVE6I.jpg

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I have to agree. Much better quality of food and other products offered. Not that Sam's doesn't also have quality and name brands. I'm meaning the Costco brands. Plus a lot more samples:):

Ummm COSTCO "Kirkland" gin....is supper yummy if you are a gin guy. I like it better than Bombay or Tangery and it is $19.00 for a 1.75l

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    OK this has got to be a 1st at least for me. Posting a pic of TP on Ingo.

This is what we stock up on. It is as good as any brand we have ever used and with a house full of estrogen TP is important.

Last time it was $18.50 for this.

unqVE6I.jpg

Your pic is just like the TP at my house.... gone

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We've got Sam's and Costco. If Costco carried IAMS dog food we'd let the Sam's card lapse although other than fuel purchases we rarely use the Costco card, $1.98/gallon fill up yesterday. They did have a helluva deal on a Weber Grill I've been lusting after for a couple of years but I'm not currently ready to buy.

Top Bottom