This

yzgKuUn.jpg

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Interesting...
    Yesterday went to Sams. They were out of white rice and beans. I overheard a lady working talking about how crazy it has been. They sell out of rice and beans every day they have gotten it lately. Lysol is sold out too. She said she had one customer buy 250 pounds of rice. They had no TP either.

I went to GFS. They had some, but I did not think it was white, but I cold have been wrong. Their people said they had been swamped.

I went to Costco. They have had about 1/3 of a pallet of rice. They had less when I left.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Well maybe now isn't the time to check into these places. Sold out will possibly be the norm for awhile.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was planning on making the trip to top of our water and TP but this news is not good. Just another example of panic among the sheep.
    What ever will they do when the drive through is no longer open.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I do have some rice stashed but I’m not a big fan of plain white rice. I try to prep with what I normally eat. Canned veggies and canned meats make more sense to me.

Matt

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I made run to Gordon Food Service yesterday, picked up a couple 10 pound cases of 1/3 pound burgers, some chicken nuggets & tenders. Then swung by Aldi's to buy a case of Green beans for me and the dogs, along with couple of other items. I think I'm more than stocked up for a worst case event over the next 3 months if it heads south in a hurry.

Only thing left is for my sister to bring by my sugar and bread flour that she gets a huge discount on from a friend and I'm good to go.

I was really surprised yesterday to fill up the gas tank and a 5 gallon can at Speedway for 1.47 a gallon after using my points to get 50 cents off a gallon.:rockwoot:

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I have been holding off on fuel with almost all the cans empty. It may be time to make that run.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Sams used used to offer a one day pass. Maybe call ahead and see if they still do that.

With the amount of dog food we buy, the yearly membership pays for itself the first month. At Sams we pay $20 for a 57 lbs bag. For the exact same kind at Walmart/Meijer, its $24 - $26 for a 50 lbs bag depending on the location. We go through 10 -12 bags a month between our GSD, two Great Danes, Boxer, and pitbull.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The kitchen staff (souse and daughter) went to Sams on the west side of Indy this morning. It was a total mad house. No cleaning supplys at all. No bleach. No rice.
    They did score 2 bulk packs of TP and 2 flats of water.

Pay attention to what is going on here. This is a MSM hype job and as of now not a pandemic. IMHO. But people are freaking the **** out.

If you live day to day a real situation would have you hunting for food/water.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The kitchen staff (souse and daughter) went to Sams on the west side of Indy this morning. It was a total mad house. No cleaning supplys at all. No bleach. No rice.

Pay attention to what is going on here. This is a MSM hype job and as of now not a pandemic. IMHO. But people are freaking the **** out.

Went to Aldi and Kroger today. Everything normal. Plenty of TP, plenty of rice, plenty of cleaning supplies. Maybe it's just the Sam's and Costco people that are freaking out? :dunno:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

I went by that same Sams this afternoon maybe 1530-ish. I went in, couldn't see where the end of the lines to check out ended and left. It'll be there Monday after work.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bulk buying.

I poop... a lot. Sometimes I have to check to see if my eyes are still brown. :): I've never found that Aldi or Kroger couldn't supply me with what I needed. :): I did buy some extra staples last week, so this week was just normal shopping (didn't count what I bought last week as "normal" inventory). I didn't see any signs of people raiding the shelves though.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Costco was out of TP by 11AM this morning, and no Clorox Wipes to be found. Plenty of everything else.

Comment from floor manager at checkout: they just weren't prepared for the rush on TP and cleaning supplies. Had a LOT on hand, but it sold, and more is already on the truck on its way.

Not that big of a deal for us today. We were just continuing to buy ahead. Still, that place was crazy busy. Folks buying whole carts of bottled water.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This should be a lesson to us all. :soapbox:

What other panics could crop up in the future?

Wouldn't it be nice to NOT have to go out to swim in the petri dish to scrounge for scraps, because you had to?

Top Bottom