• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    I'm going to be the guy who says a gun store isn't a place for a young child.

whats wrong with taking a child into a gun shop. My 4yr old has been to the gun shop with me several times and he is very educated about gun safety and I would rather him know about guns and the danger of him messing with one at his age then for him to be curious and want to touch one if he ever got the chance.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    My son and I (he is five years old) frequent many gun shops, he knows more about gun safety than the average person. Has been to the shooting range many times and actually he loves shooting rifles, if you don't want to expose your kid to something just don't. I dont smoke but respect what others do and if don't like something about a business I just don't go there.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    15153970.jpg

diavic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    and the moral of the story is the XD40SC didn't end up in the hands of a whiny little pansy

qb1sho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    McCordsville, IN
    Congrats to the OP and Shop Owner for thier decisions.

I am a non-smoker, always have been a non-smoker. That being said, I don’t support a blanket ban on something that isn’t illegal such as smoking. Would you like it if they tried to ban the carrying of all firearms any where but in your car or your home? Everyone has the choice to do business or not do business with an establishment. Every business should have a choice to be smoking, non-smoking, or mixed (non-smoking areas in an establishment that allows smoking). The market will fix the rest. People such as the OP will chose to do business with an establishment that is non-smoking. There is nothing wrong with that decision just as there is nothing wrong with the decision of the business owner to smoke in his establishment.

If you let them take your freedom of choice away....what comes next? Remember, we left certain countries long ago for the lack of freedom. I guess we can all look forward to a cookie cutter, on size fits all country. Welcome to the machine!

Just my . :twocents:

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I am a non-smoker, always have been a non-smoker. That being said, I don’t support a blanket ban on something that isn’t illegal such as smoking. Would you like it if they tried to ban the carrying of all firearms any where but in your car or your home? Everyone has the choice to do business or not do business with an establishment. Every business should have a choice to be smoking, non-smoking, or mixed (non-smoking areas in an establishment that allows smoking). The market will fix the rest. People such as the OP will chose to do business with an establishment that is non-smoking. There is nothing wrong with that decision just as there is nothing wrong with the decision of the business owner to smoke in his establishment.

If you let them take your freedom of choice away....what comes next? Remember, we left certain countries long ago for the lack of freedom. I guess we can all look forward to a cookie cutter, on size fits all country. Welcome to the machine!

Just my . :twocents:

having a smoking section at a store is like having a Peeing section in a swimming pool

qb1sho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    McCordsville, IN
    having a smoking section at a store is like having a Peeing section in a swimming pool

I completely agree...but they exist. I was in a steak place that had a central bar area (literally in the center of the place) that allowed smoking...however, the rest of the place was smoke free.....I was suprised when I smelled smoke in the non-smoking section!!! What gives? :dunno: Love the pool comparison! Classic!

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I've only seen 2 posts where the flames could melt asbestos underwear, both of them involved cigarets. When I read the OP, I took it as a head's up about LGS losing business to Internet Shops, & that was about it, wondered why it had so many replies, & now there's one more.

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I've only seen 2 posts where the flames could melt asbestos underwear, both of them involved cigarets. When I read the OP, I took it as a head's up about LGS losing business to Internet Shops, & that was about it, wondered why it had so many replies, & now there's one more.

bc the only thing people here love more than guns is a debate

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    OP should be required to put the shop's name in the title of the thread. That way, every time this gargantuan monument to self-righteous butthurt is resurrected, that store will get some exposure.

If somebody is going to start a tinkerbell thread about how his feelings were hurt by you, everyone should know. That way, when people who want to go to a LGS where they don't have to worry about running into tattle-tale, nancy-boys, they know where.

Last edited:

dpbstevens

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Akron
    i agree with the his shop his rules but i also agree with the guy that it was pretty rude for him to light up right there with your child but thats the beauty of choices you chose to leave. his loss and speaking of choices the idiot that had to low ball you for your post needs to use his choice and just not leave a post if they don't like it dumb ****s like them are the reason people don't like putting threads or comments if you don't like it don't be an ass about it. not saying that you can't disagree but don't be an ass about it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    OP should be required to put the shop's name in the title of the thread. That way, every time this gargantuan monument to self-righteous butthurt is resurrected, that store will get some exposure.

Who would you like to nominate for your censor and regulator of the Internet you are promoting?

Since they aren't getting negative exposure for such a "butthurt" thread, why should free advertising be vindication or reparations? :dunno:

Top Bottom