• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    My thoughts are that this guy is a screaming liberal who no doubt is an Obama supporter. He had no right to interrupt your meal. If he did it to me, I would probably tell him not to try to make his problems my problem.
    Obama frequents Auburn restaurants? :dunno:

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Disclaimer: haven't read the rest of the thread yet.

I guess nobody else saw this, but after I made that remark, as he was opening the door to exit, he made his hand into a gun with his index finger and thumb extended and made the motion of shooting it at me. I told JCA1776 and his wife about that in the car after we left, and he said he'd missed that. But the guy definitely did that to me.

Got my heart racing and I was watching out the window the entire rest of the meal to make sure he wasn't gonna show up with a weapon of his own to pay us back. Josh said he was worried the guy would call the cops and tell them some story about us being disruptive or whatever just to give us problems. I was glad that neither of those fears came to fruition.

So this ignoramus, imho, threatens you as he leaves the restaurant. He had strong (and probably emotional) feelings about something, and instead of 'using his words', he did something very stupid. My apologies to any liberals on this forum, and not to turn this into a political discussion, but that does seem the norm for those of a 'lefty' persuasion, at least in my experience. They act out of emotion when angered.

Kudos for being the bigger man, and not letting things escalate.

Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN
    I bet the dude is still telling his wide eyed friends how he stared down a gunman in a local restaurant.

Last edited:

fatduk1963

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Warren IN
    I also cc I was in Tumble weed in FT Wayne about 14 yrs ago ,they only had a babby changeing station in the mens room. I took my neice in to change, took my jacket off so as to not get it messy,guy ask me why I carry a gun as I was at the task at hand ,I ask who he thought was going to protect her if something happened the dish washer? I told him I would gladley trade my life for the life of ANY child. now I weigh 350 - 6'1 have a grey hair and beard and a lot of tatto's. WE are eating our meal and as this man and his famely are leaveing he tells me thank you I felt safe for us tonight with you here . his granddaughter says grandpa told us you are one of the Good guys! I tell ya that felt good.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    So this ignoramus, imho, threatens you as he leaves the restaurant. He had strong (and probably emotional) feelings about something, and instead of 'using his words', he did something very stupid.

Emotional feelings huh? I didn't know there was any other kind of feelings. I'm sure you didn't realize it but "feelings" can't be ANYTHING but "emotional".

My apologies to any liberals on this forum, and not to turn this into a political discussion, but that does seem the norm for those of a 'lefty' persuasion, at least in my experience. They act out of emotion when angered.

Kudos for being the bigger man, and not letting things escalate.

Ooh, I know. :rolleyes:

Not to turn this into a political discussion but...

Conservatives (or "righty's") would NEVER act out of anger. :rolleyes:

You do realize that "anger" is an emotion & that if someone is angry enough most people will act on that whether they are a liberal or a conservative. I hate to break it to ya but conservatives don't have the market cornered on using reason or acting reasonable & contrary to what the "conservatives" would like us to believe they have emotions, too. I'm not sure about empathy, but emotions, definitely. They act on them every single day just like the rest of us do.

Just look around at how some of the threads turn out around here for evidence of that. See any topic on homosexuality, abortion, Islam or flag burning. Those issues have been known to cause strong emotional reactions in conservatives. Or how about, ironically, the flip side of this guys reaction to an OC'ed gun, the infringement of RKBA. I don't know of but a small handful of people here who would not react emotionally to a hint of the restriction of gun rights (strangely, those handful are not all the liberals here, either). So help me understand, it's not OK for this guy to react emotionally to his anti-gun ideals but it IS OK for US to react emotionally to our pro-gun ideals? Hypocrisy anyone?

"Apologies", huh? Well, my apologies to the conservatives on here but you're NAZI's. Hey, I didn't say you were all NAZI's just that it's the norm for you righty's. Besides, I apologized didn't I? That should make it OK that I insulted all of you just based on the actions of a few of you.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    All I'll say is that I don't mean to hijack this thread and head towards a political discussion. This isn't the place for it, and it appears I started it. Kudos to those that wanted to jump all over me and restrained.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Even if there were kids, which I highly doubt from your description, fear of firearms is a learned response, not an innate one.

Those who would doubt that have never seen my son, I guess. The guns are all out when he's over. He's only going on three, but if he wants to see a gun, I'm right there showing him.

Funny how he's curious about them and doesn't start crying when he sees them.

Josh

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Fact: Dude came up and accosted the OP for carrying openly.

OP was legal.

Uncool Idiot Dude was out-of-line.

As far as I'm concerned, checkmate. Uncool Idiot Dude has no defense. No further facts are needed.

Josh

dodgetech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    West Lafayett, IN
    I always open carry just a personal preference if people dont like it then they just dont have to look at me and it wont bother them

btw law enforcment open carries all the time so why cant I they are no better than I am... plus I can prolly shoot better then most of them can anyways

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I dont know what "tone" the father was using but i would assume that there was probably a hint of cynicism there. I always wonder how people that dont like guns in public etc etc are always ballsy enough to get attitude with the guy with the gun.

BigJ3780

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Its all in the education of the young. Even though most kids grow up with video games, its the parents duty to explain right and wrong.

snaresman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Auburn
    A couple of years ago, one of my employees and I stopped at Applebee's in AAuburn for lunch. Both of us were CCing and somehow my employees gun was spotted while we were eating. A guy flipped out on the manager and refused to eat there because there was a gun in the restaraunt. The manager approached us and told us a guy was complaining and asked if we were legally carrying.

I replied that we were and he said he wanted to be sure in case the "gentleman" called the police. Said he was fine with us carrying.

Top Bottom