:)

a3306e3d7576ab645494f3516d55ccc3--you-are-awesome-im-awesome.jpg

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    According to the libs, anyone under 21 can't be trusted to own a gun but apparently they can be trusted to vote and tell us adults what is right...??? They are kids and they have some growing up to do yet. The real shame is that millionaire adults are using these uninformed kids to shamelessly promote their own agendas to try to accomplish things that they have been unable accomplish through logic and reasoning.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I know what would've happened if I would've walked out during class because of my feelings and the actions of some idiot.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    my son didn't walk out and he informed me today that only 3 out of the 15 in his class did walk out. I don't know why they all stayed, I would hope it was for the same reason my son did.

Xterminator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Terre Haute
    Our school had a walk out back n 1982 from students who thought the new principal was to harsh. His response...all the kids were suspended for 3 days. Lol.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Found and shared earlier via FB

(from a mom too:)

My son asked if he could walk out in protest today...here's how the conversation went...
    Son: is it ok if I protest on Wednesday?
    Me: protest what? Why would you do that?
    Son: protests initiate change; they bring awareness to the issue
    Me: yes, like what...
    Son: like civil rights; people had to protest for the right to vote, etc (he went on)
    Me: that's true! Protests can be a great catalyst. So what are you protesting?
    Son: gun laws
    Me: and what are the current gun laws?
    Son: I don't know, but they need to change
    Me: how do you know that if you don't know what they are? Who makes the gun laws? Whose attention are you trying to get? State, federal, local...?
    Son: I don't know
    Me: then no, you may not protest in ignorance. You don't protest something just bc everyone else is doing it.
    What is happening in our schools is wrong, and scary, and sad, and yes, some things need to change.
    But you must educate yourself before you can be an agent of change.
    ...I'm all about protesting for change, for justice, and being passionate about a cause; I'm not about blindly following the crowd in ignorance...

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    there was a walk out over teachers being laid off when i was in middle school it was planned to be middle and high school kids. Thats when everyone found out that the police are better at planning lol. they were like the oprah of zipcuffs:):

not sure how many kids walked out today at my old HS

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I’m a fan of the bill of rights. All 10.

Ditto. I think some may need a refresher. For those missing the reference (assuming I have bead on OD's notion)...
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

Top Bottom