• ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I tell people that go over, to look at the birds, especially the cockatoos
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockatoo
    Australia has a "nothing in, nothing out" policy. the rose breasted cockatoo, the palm cockatoo, and sulphur crested cockatoo are some of the most sought after pet birds in the world, and over there they are pests, they are trapped and killed, due to the policy.

there are a few in the states, but not enough that most "parrot heads" can afford.

there was a pet store here in town that had a rose breasted, and a sulphur crested, and on more that one occasion I had one on each shoulder, I loved those birds, and I haven't seen them since the shop closed, I do have my own too, its a goffins too, they are from Indonesia, not as colorful (mines white with a little pink)

i saw a documentary about parrots and watched a farmer trap a flock of sulphur crested toos in a huge net, then he killed every one with a hoe.

so when you get there, look up and watch the beautiful birds

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I tell people that go over, to look at the birds, especially the cockatoos
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockatoo
    Australia has a "nothing in, nothing out" policy. the rose breasted cockatoo, the palm cockatoo, and sulphur crested cockatoo are some of the most sought after pet birds in the world, and over there they are pests, they are trapped and killed, due to the policy.

there are a few in the states, but not enough that most "parrot heads" can afford.

there was a pet store here in town that had a rose breasted, and a sulphur crested, and on more that one occasion I had one on each shoulder, I loved those birds, and I haven't seen them since the shop closed, I do have my own too, its a goffins too, they are from Indonesia, not as colorful (mines white with a little pink)

i saw a documentary about parrots and watched a farmer trap a flock of sulphur crested toos in a huge net, then he killed every one with a hoe.

so when you get there, look up and watch the beautiful birds

I will totally do that. I plan on taking a 3 or 4 days camping in the outback, so if none of the numerous things that can kill me lead to my demise, I'll totally go looking.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I don't know man, might want to rethink this........... the door might be shut when you try to come back....... :popcorn:

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I was there in 1970 on R&R from Vietnam. I don't remember much about it because it was a week long drunk away from the jungle. They drive on the opposite side of the road....Business men wear shorts with a vest and tie...there is a restaurant at the top of one of the taller buildings that rotates so you can see the city for awhile and then the harbor comes into view (try eating a meal with changing scenes ((I was very drunk and didn't know about it first))...it's a lot like America and that's why I went there. Have fun.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Just remember one of their national past times
    [video=youtube;mcE0aAhbVFc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcE0aAhbVFc[/video]

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's beautiful there Kut! I went back in 2000 for 10 days and loved it. Sydney is pretty far from Ayers Rock and the Great Barrier Reef (kind of like telling someone coming to the U.S. to visit NYC to take in the Grand Canyon while they're here), but there is a lot of nice country nearby. You can literally go from beach to rain forest to semi-arid desert climates within 10 or 20 miles. There is a botanical garden (the name escapes me at the moment) in Sydney that is really nice to walk around too. Watch out for funnel web spiders and tiger snakes. Huntsman spiders are huge (like tarantula huge) but not deadly. Take a walk around The Rocks near CIrcular Quay, and take a boat trip around the harbor and see the opera house if you get the chance. You can also climb to the top of the Sydney Harbor bridge. I didn't do it (it costs around 100 bucks if I recall) but it looked like it would be neat to do.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Western Australia, Perth, Fremantle area 1985. Australia was more modern than the u.s. when I was their, am sure they have automatic arsewipers by now. Have a jolly

Top Bottom