• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Several years ago an INGO member, whose name I don't recall, wanted to buy a gun I had in the classifieds here. My ad mentioned a receipt for the buyer and a bill of sale for my records. IN driver's license and LTCH were required. The guy said none of that was required by IN law and I couldn't ask to see them then further stated he wanted a gun with no paper trail! Well folks, if there's a paper trail leading to me, it will continue to you if you wanta' buy a gun from me. Bought and sold a couple here, nobody else has complained. Your mileage may vary. :)

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Several years ago an INGO member, whose name I don't recall, wanted to buy a gun I had in the classifieds here. My ad mentioned a receipt for the buyer and a bill of sale for my records. IN driver's license and LTCH were required. The guy said none of that was required by IN law and I couldn't ask to see them then further stated he wanted a gun with no paper trail! Well folks, if there's a paper trail leading to me, it will continue to you if you wanta' buy a gun from me. Bought and sold a couple here, nobody else has complained. Your mileage may vary. :)

Mine does vary. No paper trail... not specifically for that reason. If Indiana law does not require it, I'm not going to subject a purchaser to it. I expect the same in return.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I see lots of FUD here.

can any of you nervous nancies show actual real world examples where a BoS saved somebody’s bacon when things went sideways after the sale and cops came knocking on the “registered” owner’s door? Or is all your concern in your head?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I see lots of FUD here.

can any of you nervous nancies show actual real world examples where a BoS saved somebody’s bacon when things went sideways after the sale and cops came knocking on the “registered” owner’s door? Or is all your concern in your head?

And also explain what I am liable for after I have sold something to a proper person.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you sell a gun to a felon and it's used in a crime do you get charges for selling to a felon? Serious question.

The way Indiana law is written, only if you KNOW he is a felon. IF you dont know, you arent in trouble. Examples:

Random Felon finds your armslist ad and you sell it to him not knowing anything other than he is an Indiana resident. You're good.

Your sister's friend says he knows you have a gun for sale and asks to buy it. But your sister has already told you he served time in the federal pen, and is a felon. In THAT case you are liable because you know him to be a felon.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    well, sometime I will ask the seller to sign a BOS if they don't have a LTCH, or just transfer it via a FFL... It will be much easier if they have a LTCH.

You do not need a LTCH to purchase a firearm. It does kind of indicate the person is a proper person, but you have know idea if it has been revoked. A receipt or bos is pointless in my opinion

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    If I’m browsing the classifieds and see BOS required I stop reading at that point and move on. I also make a mental note of that person policy and no longer look at their ads. They have the right to ask and I have the right to never purchase from them. To me asking for something that’s not required is like stippling a gun and trying to sell it. It narrows your target buying group.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If I’m browsing the classifieds and see BOS required I stop reading at that point and move on. I also make a mental note of that person policy and no longer look at their ads. They have the right to ask and I have the right to never purchase from them. To me asking for something that’s not required is like stippling a gun and trying to sell it. It narrows your target buying group.

What if I did just a little light stippling where my support thumb rests and it looks really good?:)

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    What if I did just a little light stippling where my support thumb rests and it looks really good?:)

I’m not really into thumbs but if you say yours looks really good I’m gonna trust your judgment.

All kidding aside. Any stippling alterations to a gun decreases value to me. How severe determines how much value it decreases.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I’m not really into thumbs but if you say yours looks really good I’m gonna trust your judgment.

All kidding aside. Any stippling alterations to a gun decreases value to me. How severe determines how much value it decreases.

No, I get it. I won't buy a stippled firearm. And in the past I always stuck a piece of skateboard tape in that area. But after using them for several years and realizing that I'm keeping this pistol, I got bold and brought out the soldering pen.

By the time I'm ready to sell this (if ever), there will be other things that devalue it anyway.

It really looks almost like it was put there by the factory though. My thumb that is.

Top Bottom