Sen. John McCain Has Passed Away. RIP Sir, And Thank You.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    OK. Every time a senator dies we put the flag at half mast...???
    Not seen that or I was not paying attention. They are just people. Nothing special past you or I.
    Yes he was a warrior. If they flew at half mast that was why.

JM was terrible about Trump. Openly and brazen about it. I think Decorum has been mt all things considered.

Agreed. Presidential tip of the hat has been done. Outside of a Kennedy when was the last Senator anyone remembers kicking the rusty bucket?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    OK. Every time a senator dies we put the flag at half mast...???
    Not seen that or I was not paying attention. They are just people. Nothing special past you or I.
    Yes he was a warrior. If they flew at half mast that was why.

JM was terrible about Trump. Openly and brazen about it. I think Decorum has been mt all things considered.

Completely agree CM and also with everything TT had to say.. What about heroes like Joey Jones that came back without legs but in spite of that every time I see the guy on Fox he's smiling, or the heroes that didn't come back at all. I personally know Vets on this forum that have a smile on their face and kind words for those that deserve them that probably suffered as much if not more that JM.
    So many Vets and their families have sacrificed and suffered so much more than JM did. I'm already up to my eyeballs with the coverage about this "National Hero" and I know it's just starting. I will pray for his family but honestly I'll be happy when he's planted.
    I give JM credit for his service to this country but to hold him up as an example disgusts me and IMHO insults those that have sacrificed and suffered much more. The example he set in his political career is nothing to proud of. He served his country and was more than repaid by living like a king for the last 50 years. It sickens me that the rest of our military is not show the same appreciation and respect.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Well, I don't often say things like this, but if you badmouth a disabled American veteran, what I would leave on your grave wouldn't pass for flowers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, I don't often say things like this, but if you badmouth a disabled American veteran, what I would leave on your grave wouldn't pass for flowers.

I really believe his veteran status is the only thing he is getting any real respect for. His politics set him up as the poster child for term limits in my humble opinion.
    He is responsible for more than a few of the bravo sierra policy's we find ourselves burdened with. Wounded warrior....yes. Terrible political stance.....yes.
    Again, JMHO and not pushing this on anyone.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Yep me to. I would have lowered it for the day of death and the following day as required by U.S. flag code for congressmen and senators and thats it. It wouldn't be staying till Sunday

You people and your Flag Code. You're the same people that expect multimillion dollar athletes performing in stadiums paid for by tax paying citizens to follow the Flag Code. Racist nazis?

Purple as appropriate.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I really believe his veteran status is the only thing he is getting any real respect for. His politics set him up as the poster child for term limits in my humble opinion.
    He is responsible for more than a few of the bravo sierra policy's we find ourselves burdened with. Wounded warrior....yes. Terrible political stance.....yes.
    I'd donate to the campaign of whoever introduced and sponsors "A BILL" titled the John McCain congressional term limits act for Freedoms Preservation

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

Sounds about right to me

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sadly we already have term limits but no one uses them. Voting booth.
    Yeah unfortunately not enough people use the voting booths.
    I mean real term limits not terms of office or service once elected.
    Term limits like the president of the United States started to have after roosevelt.
    I dont see these hacks taking any of their power hold away though. Just like they vote themselves and their children exceptions to the same laws they pass for us.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah unfortunately not enough people use the voting booths.
    I mean real term limits not terms of office or service once elected.
    Term limits like the president of the United States started to have after roosevelt.
    I dont see these hacks taking any of their power hold away though. Just like they vote themselves and their children exceptions to the same laws they pass for us.

Because Congress can make that law, and vote on it.
    Do you think Congress is going to make a law limiting themselves?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Much like many music artists, I appreciate his early work, but not so much his later catalog. I am glad this human is no longer suffering. Godspeed, sir. May peace be with you.

5b83e92878468.jpeg

Actually, he started a bit earlier than that.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That gives him a pass to do whatever he wants without repercussions in your book?

When he chose to serve in the Senate, he opened himself for criticism that had nothing to do with his previous service.

I'm another one that had no use for the Senator. He was in the words of one of our previous members a statist pig. Senator McCain liked him some big brother government. I am glad he is no longer a Senator.

Top Bottom