Sen. John McCain Has Passed Away. RIP Sir, And Thank You.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    giphy.gif

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Being a disabled veteran, in and of itself, doesn't confer sainthood on anyone. Veterans, disabled or otherwise, represent a cross section of society. There are good and bad.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Being a disabled veteran, in and of itself, doesn't confer sainthood on anyone. Veterans, disabled or otherwise, represent a cross section of society. There are good and bad.

I'm glad someone else said it so I didn't have to.
    Exactly.
    No one has said John McCain didnt sacrifice or earn respect for service. But if someone thinks that service gives someone an open ended check to behave any way they wish among others in society or in Congress, or that their opinion counts MORE than another citizens, then they are wrong. This is OUR republic together. Some people have different jobs than others to serve her.

Halfmileharry, that shampoo comment has me in stitches lol

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Exactly.
    No one has said John McCain didnt sacrifice or earn respect for service. But if someone thinks that service gives someone an open ended check to behave any way they wish among others in society or in Congress, or that their opinion counts MORE than another citizens, then they are wrong. This is OUR republic together. Some people have different jobs than others to serve her.

Sorry bro, without all this coffee I wouldn't be the perky, foul mouth, sob, I'm so used to being.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Not to put too fine a point on it, but his ACCOUNT posted.
    You have ZERO idea who wrote the post, and it wasn't on the POTUS account.

The flag over the Whitehouse is at full staff, and Trump has made ZERO official statement.
    Unexcusable...
    Shows exactly what kind of person he is (notice I didn't write 'Man').

What account does Trump use? Does he even have a "POTUS" account?

The flag was at half staff for the prescribed amount of time per the flag code.

OK. Every time a senator dies we put the flag at half mast...???
    Not seen that or I was not paying attention. They are just people. Nothing special past you or I.
    Yes he was a warrior. If they flew at half mast that was why.

JM was terrible about Trump. Openly and brazen about it. I think Decorum has been mt all things considered.

Per the flag code, it's to be at half mast the day of death and the following day for a congressman and a few others. 30 days for sitting Pres, 10 days for current VP or former pres. It also lists it for Chief justice and associate justice of SCOTUS and a few others such as Gov of states.

I disagree with this, they are lowering the flag to half mast for way too many things now. It's diluting what it means.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Per the flag code, it's to be at half mast the day of death and the following day for a congressman and a few others. 30 days for sitting Pres, 10 days for current VP or former pres. It also lists it for Chief justice and associate justice of SCOTUS and a few others such as Gov of states.

I disagree with this, they are lowering the flag to half mast for way too many things now. It's diluting what it means.

Trump was in a "no win"situation and as some others have said, was more gracious that I would have been. Treating JM different than any other Senator sets a bad precedent and does dilute the honor it bestows. The way I see it it's already diluted. Presupposing Senators are much more important and deserving than any person in the military service of our country.
    If he had kept his personal animus for JM on the downlow he could have stuck to the flag code. Since the media look for any reason to deride the President he took the cheap and easy way out and I don't see that he had much of a choice.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Last edited:

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Exactly.

Are we reading the same version of INGO?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This guy just didn't want to be sucked into her *****fest.

[video=youtube;UB_RbiahMuk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=220&v=UB_RbiahMuk[/video]

Top Bottom