• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    No celebrating just yet. Wait until the elections. This could bite us in the ass. Going to get a lot of negative press until elections and if any kind of shooting happens we could lose seats and then Comrade Barry goes unchecked.

The Dems ALWAYS lose on gun grabbing. A few of them better get their resumes in order.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    The Dems ALWAYS lose on gun grabbing. A few of them better get their resumes in order.

I think people are underestimating this fight. CNN is already campaigning against. Another shooting happens and there will be plenty of blame for them to sling out. I don't want to seem like I'm hot overjoyed that we won this fight but this one is going to be a long one.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    It'll spring back soon enough. Different angles. Different tactics.

When will people remember that having the "Right to keep and bear arms" is how the balance works when it says "Made For The people, Made by the people and Answerable to the people" is what keeps us Answerable.. to.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Criminals can get non residency concealed permits to carry in Florida???

If that is as flagrant a lie as it seems, Schumer should be eligible for prosecution same as somebody lying to him in a hearing. Contempt charges.

They submit FBI cards and conduct national checks. If criminals are passing, it's the Feds fault.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    The reason there are those of us who doubt his motives is because he voted for Manchin-Toomey. That was the one that had the best chance of passing. When it failed it was all the excuse he needed to vote no on the rest to cover his own butt.

Here's a post I made in another thread about the exact same thing.

He also voted yea on Grassley/Cruz, no on Feinstein, yea on the Veterans' Protection amendment, and yea on Constitutional carry. In those, he did exactly what he said he would do. The magazine limit amendment is up now and I'm betting he'll vote no.

Isn't it possible that he's reflecting the aggregate views of those who contacted him? You have to think that Manchin-Toomey supporters also contacted him. Perhaps they outnumbered us.

His job is to represent the will of the people. Who's to say he isn't doing that? I'm indifferent to the man himself but this is kneejerk reactionism.

How can you be certain that he just decided to flip sides like that, especially considering (as I mentioned) the rest of the votes followed exactly what he said he was going to do? He came out before any legislation had been started that he planned to vote against an AWB and mag restrictions. I'm pretty sure that he'd have said he'd vote yes to anything that would protect the 2A rights of veterans if the question had been asked.

What I see is a guy who said he was going to do something and did it. I didn't vote for him, I don't particularly care. I'm just tired of the blind hypocritical prejudice. We, as a community, need to be much better, and far more civil than we have been in the past. As a group, we like to tout how rational we are and everything is based in fact and logic, yet so many will make sweeping generalizations without the benefit of information to back them up.

Now, I apologize if this seems like it's a personal attack because it isn't, your post just happened to be the one I'm replying to even though there are at least a dozen others with a similar sentiment. It's something that really bugs me about the community at large.

There is a reason gun owners are easily painted as ignorant, paranoid bigots. It isn't like a lot of people make an effort to look any different.

Top Bottom