• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    I also don't necessarily agree with SB 28 filed by Stoops for Universal Background Checks or SB 29 filed by Stoops for Storage of Firearms. Okay I see n9tkf beat me on these two.

Just need to leave out the word necessarily. I don't agree with that BS. I have yet to see an explanation of how Universal Background Checks or Storage of Firearms restrictions are going to stop criminals from acquiring and using firearms. It will only make it more expensive and onerous on the legal, law-abiding firearms owners.

BlackGun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    th
    :yesway::yesway:

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Mr. Taylor,
    You are way off base on this bill. I won't go into details but suffice it to say you are wrong on all of the" bullet" point highlights of this bill. I stand with law abiding gun owners across the state and across the country, STOP TAKING AWAY OUR RIGHTS!! You are not punishing the criminals,you are punishing the law abiding citizens and ignoring your duty to uphold the Constitution.
    Good luck to you after losing your seat next go around.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If you’ve never watched Sen. Obtuse in action in a committee meeting, you’re really missing something. When they coined the term “like trying to nail Jello to a tree”, I think they did it after a conversation with this guy.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Guy Relford posted:

I've had dozens of people send me the link to SB 203, filed in the Indiana Senate by Indianapolis Democrat Greg Taylor, (although I saw it the day it was filed). This is similar to other anti-2A bills that have been filed in the past - and it's not going anywhere. It has been assigned to the Corrections & Criminal Law Committee in the Senate, chaired by strong 2A supporter and Republican Michael Young. Republicans also hold a 7-2 majority on the committee. Some of the strongest 2A supporters we have in the Senate, including Aaron Freeman and Jack Sandlin, sit on that committee.

The bill is certainly ugly, with a "high capacity magazine ban," a ban on "multi-burst triggers," an "assault weapon open carry ban" and additional nonsense. But it's not going anywhere - and predictions that "Indiana is the next Virginia" are a little silly. (Unlike Virginia, where Democrats now control the senate, the house of delegates and the Governor's office, Republicans still have a super-majority in both the senate and the house of representatives - and Gov. Eric Holcomb remains a strong 2A supporter.)

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be vigilant and it is certainly a good idea to call your senator and voice your opinion. But I don't see a need to storm the Statehouse anytime soon. ;-)

If you don't know who your state senator is, you can find out here: Find your Legislator - Indiana General Assembly, 2020 Session

PS: If you share this, please share my post as well as the link to the bill. Otherwise, you're just spreading the hysteria.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Guy Relford posted:

I've had dozens of people send me the link to SB 203, filed in the Indiana Senate by Indianapolis Democrat Greg Taylor, (although I saw it the day it was filed). This is similar to other anti-2A bills that have been filed in the past - and it's not going anywhere. It has been assigned to the Corrections & Criminal Law Committee in the Senate, chaired by strong 2A supporter and Republican Michael Young. Republicans also hold a 7-2 majority on the committee. Some of the strongest 2A supporters we have in the Senate, including Aaron Freeman and Jack Sandlin, sit on that committee.

The bill is certainly ugly, with a "high capacity magazine ban," a ban on "multi-burst triggers," an "assault weapon open carry ban" and additional nonsense. But it's not going anywhere - and predictions that "Indiana is the next Virginia" are a little silly. (Unlike Virginia, where Democrats now control the senate, the house of delegates and the Governor's office, Republicans still have a super-majority in both the senate and the house of representatives - and Gov. Eric Holcomb remains a strong 2A supporter.)

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be vigilant and it is certainly a good idea to call your senator and voice your opinion. But I don't see a need to storm the Statehouse anytime soon. ;-)

If you don't know who your state senator is, you can find out here: Find your Legislator - Indiana General Assembly, 2020 Session

PS: If you share this, please share my post as well as the link to the bill. Otherwise, you're just spreading the hysteria.

This ^^^^^^
    and please stop posting the 5 minute ad video to every group on FB 6 times or more. Sheesh.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Saw a video about this on YouTube by the user "Guns & Gadgets"....what district does Taylor come from? Marion county?

digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.
    I sent an Email to Young just now. This is what I sent to him.

Hello Senator Young,

I have read through the proposed bill, ISB 203, and have some major concerns. If this bill passes, it would effectively make millions of now legal Hoosiers a criminal as they already have the types of firearms listed in the ban that Senator Taylor is proposing. We do not have a severe gun problem other areas have such as Chicago, New York, Baltimore, and the Bay Area in California. The areas that I just explained have the tightest gun laws in the country alone, yet they have the highest gun violence ratings in the country.

I disagree with the wording that is used to describe the components of said firearms in this bill. A semiautomatic firearm is not an "assault" weapon as it takes more than one action of the trigger to fire another round. A magazine that holds more than 10 rounds but no more than 30 is a standard capacity magazine. These magazines are not "high-capacity" and shall not be treated as such.
    Senator Taylor will also have to explain in greater detail what a "multi burst trigger activator" consists of because the term is too verbose to the point that it provides a grey area on which device it is covering.

This bill will not function properly in this state because millions of Hoosiers already own a firearm or more that obtains a feature that would alter their owner a criminal. Illegally selling firearms will always happen no matter what law passed, the same way with illegal drugs. I feel this bill is nothing more than just a feel good measure to please a certain mass of people.

Thank you for your time, Senator Young, and I hope you are not in favor of this bill.

It's good to hear that he might be a pro 2a legislator.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The traffic mess this morning caused my trip back to work from an appointment to take an extra 25 minutes, so I got to hear Senator Obtuse call in to Tony Katz. Thankfully we live in Indiana. This man's lack of knowledge on firearms (shotgun holds six trajectories in the barrel) and the law (machine guns are illegal, 18 year olds can't possess handguns) is downright terrifying. He voted against Civil Immunity, Church Carry, and strengthening protections under the Laird Law, yet he claims to be pro-2A? ON WHAT PLANET??!!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Tony gave the appropriate props to Sen. Taylor for calling in. I wonder though how in the world this guy even got elected?

Forget about the 2A stuff that this guy claims to be a supporter of, but he didn't even sound like a good lawyer, which he was quick to tell us he is? Maybe the bar is really really low for dems, but you almost feel sorry for the gents lack of knowledge on the subject matter. He got everything wrong gun related.

The interview is here:

https://www.wibc.com/blogs/tony-katz/state-senator-greg-taylor-responds-tony-katz-house-bill-sb203

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The traffic mess this morning caused my trip back to work from an appointment to take an extra 25 minutes, so I got to hear Senator Obtuse call in to Tony Katz. Thankfully we live in Indiana. This man's lack of knowledge on firearms (shotgun holds six trajectories in the barrel) and the law (machine guns are illegal, 18 year olds can't possess handguns) is downright terrifying. He voted against Civil Immunity, Church Carry, and strengthening protections under the Laird Law, yet he claims to be pro-2A? ON WHAT PLANET??!!

Okay Mr. Smartypants, how many trajectories DOES a shotgun hold in the barrel?? :):

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    If I hook my thumb into my belt loop and let the rifle rock back and forth would that turn my thumb into a multi-burst trigger activator?

You'd have to cut your hands off under any such law and turn them over to the proper authorities for disposal.

Top Bottom