• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Question; why are we not allowed to put images or link a long url in a short word in visitor messages anymore?

And not only that ^ but when you click the
    viewpost.gif
    in someone's quote, it takes you to the page where that gif is, instead of to the member's quote. :n00b:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    viewpost.gif
    in someone's quote, it takes you to the page where that gif is, instead of to the member's quote. :n00b:
    But it also redirects your original page back to the post you were trying to find by clicking the
    viewpost.gif
    . Neat.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    But it also redirects your original page back to the post you were trying to find by clicking the
    viewpost.gif
    . Neat.

It opens a new tab just for the gif and then redirects the page where you WANT to be...to someplace else. Neat may be one word for it... Annoying may be another.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    It opens a new tab just for the gif and then redirects the page where you WANT to be...to someplace else. Neat may be one word for it... Annoying may be another.
    Yes.. that's what I was experiencing. The "someplace else" was the original post (ie... the post linked to by the arrow gif... the member's quote). At least that's how it's working for me.

In any case, I noted it in our "problems" thread in the Mod forum to be sure Anthony saw it.

In the meantime, if you want the quoted post to open in a new tab so you can keep the original tab/page open, just ctrl-click the arrow. You'll end up with your original tab, the arrow gif in a new tab, and the quoted post in yet another new tab.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    In any case, I noted it in our "problems" thread in the Mod forum to be sure Anthony saw it.

Thanks.
    In the meantime, if you want the quoted post to open in a new tab so you can keep the original tab/page open, just ctrl-click the arrow. You'll end up with your original tab, the arrow gif in a new tab, and the quoted post in yet another new tab.
    Yeah, that's what I ended up doing.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    The 'new' INGO is definately not a morning person. ;)

I used to enjoy reading before I went to work (5-5:30 est) but now after the latest changes that appears not possible. It allows a couple of pages to be opened and then won't open any pages at all and eventually times out. This has happened every morning since the last maintenance.

And it WAS working sooooo good!!

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen

I used to enjoy reading before I went to work (5-5:30 est) but now after the latest changes that appears not possible. It allows a couple of pages to be opened and then won't open any pages at all and eventually times out. This has happened every morning since the last maintenance.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

I'm having the same issue.
    Bunch more 404s this morning.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog

I have to agree. I'm a morning browser, and I haven't been able to get my INGO morning fix. :(

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

I'm having the same issue.
    Bunch more 404s this morning.

I have to agree. I'm a morning browser, and I haven't been able to get my INGO morning fix. :(

It always seems to act stupid between 5 and 7

^^Yup^^ Same problem here. How can I effectively start my day without my Coffee, INGO, Bacon, and a smoke, in that order? :dunno:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Am I the only one who can't do an advanced search on a username? The last 2 or 3 days, when I try it I get:

"The following errors occurred with your search:
    1. Could not find phrase 'cantsearchname'."
    I use this a fair bit just to search for myself and keep track of threads. Thanks.

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    viewpost.gif

viewpost.gif
    . Neat.

Issue fixed.

Am I the only one who can't do an advanced search on a username? The last 2 or 3 days, when I try it I get:

I use this a fair bit just to search for myself and keep track of threads. Thanks.

Cant reproduce this issue on searches.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009

I can confirm that I am having the same issue. No matter what string I put in the keyword box, even *, when I then enter a known username under "seach by username", I get the error:

1. Could not find phrase 'cantsearchname'.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Another issue I'm having is that my login cookie does not stick anymore. I have to log back in every time I visit now. I cleared my cache and cookies multiple times and tried on both firefox and IE and cookies aren't being saved which is forcing me to log in again every visit. This just started after the recent server maintenance.

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    I can confirm that I am having the same issue. No matter what string I put in the keyword box, even *, when I then enter a known username under "seach by username", I get the error:

1. Could not find phrase 'cantsearchname'.

I searched your username just fine, with no phrase error.

What options are you changing & what is the username that your searching for?

Another issue I'm having is that my login cookie does not stick anymore. I have to log back in every time I visit now. I cleared my cache and cookies multiple times and tried on both firefox and IE and cookies aren't being saved which is forcing me to log in again every visit. This just started after the recent server maintenance.

Cookie issues are on your end, the site merely looks for a cookie on your computer to authenticate who you are and to see if you checked the remember me box when you signed in.

I would suggest what you say you already did, as well as disabling any firewall progrma that may be blocking the cookies, also verify that your allowing the session cookies.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

I just had this problem also.

Did a search for Taurus and entered my user name to search for a AAR report I did a while back and came up with 'cantsearchname"

Also I'm still not able to get the check mark function for subscribed threads to show up, instead I'm getting the black dot on the envelope to the left, it's bery hard to see. I really like that check mark.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009

Anything I search using my own or any other username is giving the error. I am able to do a general search with no problem, it is only when I try to search with a username parameter. I tried in both Firefox and IE. Here's a screenshot:

cantsearcherror.jpg

Cookie issues are on your end, the site merely looks for a cookie on your computer to authenticate who you are and to see if you checked the remember me box when you signed in.

I would suggest what you say you already did, as well as disabling any firewall progrma that may be blocking the cookies, also verify that your allowing the session cookies.
    Did the cookie settings such as path or name change serverside by a recent update or change? All the other forums and sites I frequent haven't been doing this since the forum update here, just this one. The only thing I can think of is that the path or cookie name that the these forums dish out and I store on my end changed. Again, this happened in both firefox and IE.

Last edited:

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    I was able to go into my cookie storage folder in firefox and blew away the bbsessionhash cookie and this seemed to fix the login problem.

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    I was able to go into my cookie storage folder in firefox and blew away the bbsessionhash cookie and this seemed to fix the login problem.

Did the cookie settings such as path or name change serverside by a recent update or change? All the other forums and sites I frequent haven't been doing this since the forum update here, just this one. The only thing I can think of is that the path or cookie name that the these forums dish out and I store on my end changed. Again, this happened in both firefox and IE.

Yes, if you dont delete all the cookies related to the domain, then you never deleted ALL of them originally. Glad you got it this time.

No, nothing changed, it doesnt matter if they did change, path or domain, i would of forced everyone to get a new session anyways if i made a change like that. Your session cookie was corrupt to begin with.

I can search what you did just fine.
    indymike.png

indymike2.png

I just had this problem also.

Did a search for Taurus and entered my user name to search for a AAR report I did a while back and came up with 'cantsearchname"

Also I'm still not able to get the check mark function for subscribed threads to show up, instead I'm getting the black dot on the envelope to the left, it's bery hard to see. I really like that check mark.

Not re-producable, as seen above, the issue doesn't present itself to me.

Top Bottom