Shannon Watts is bullying another business. Pulls out all the crazy.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    The people that had these guns in the store they are speaking of had just left a gun rights rally and went there to eat. I seriously doubt any person in the area was alarmed to see people open carrying. This is just being used an excuse to cave to these moms demand action idiots. In this case we are not our own worst enemy.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Chipotle DID NOT BAN FIREARMS... Crap title, you might want to be more accurate. They asked patrons not to bring guns into their stores. I will be testing their policy by OCing into the Avon store soon. If they ask me to leave they will lose a customer. BTW I have carried into Starbucks no problemo.

I wish there was a Chipotle in Zionsville. I'd OC there too.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I carry in every place I'm legally allowed. I don't go to Chipotle often but will continue to carry in there. I'm very thankful that in Indiana signs don't carry weight of the law.:twocents:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Regardless of the wording the business did come out against gun owners. Publicly that is a loss for our side. We all know signs don't hold the weight of law in IN. and as with any franchise it will be the owners and the managers deciding to enforce the rule or not. Chipotle is coming out against my constitutional rights and I will no longer eat there.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's ironic that Chipotle alleges concern over their customers being intimidated by other customers who are armed, but the real intimidation happening here is Shannon Watts intimidating Chipotle.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Regardless of the wording the business did come out against gun owners. Publicly that is a loss for our side. We all know signs don't hold the weight of law in IN. and as with any franchise it will be the owners and the managers deciding to enforce the rule or not. Chipotle is coming out against my constitutional rights and I will no longer eat there.

Its the same thing Starbucks had to do. They get forced into choosing a side mentally, so they go for the right in the middle approach to keep the most customers.
    IMO I can't really blame them for doing it being a national business, its just what they have to do.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    So, Starbucks, Jack in the Box, and now Chipoltle say that guns are no longer welcome in their stores yet stop short of an outright ban. So, what happens if a customer walks in open carrying a handgun especially since it is legal here in Indiana? Are these restaurants going to serve them like before or are they going to refuse to serve them because of their guns? The official company announcements don't say what these companies will do only that guns are no longer welcome in their establishments. :dunno:

Starbucks has specifically said that they aren't BANNING guns in their stores, just that they request that you don't carry there. They don't want their employees involved in kicking people out, so they will still serve you. Chipotle hasn't said if theirs is an outright ban, or the same strategy as Starbucks. I'd assume the latter. I haven't followed the JitB situation to know one way or the other.

gundog60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2014
    South of Indy
    So not a problem for me! I think their food sucks and now it appears so does their corporate mind set about law-abiding citizens who wish to exercise the right to carry a firearm in a free? country. The Constitution of the United States of America has been under attack for years; the formation of the Department of Homeland Security with its expanded police powers and ability to usurp Constitutional rights through legislation like the USA Patriot Act means if gun owners who are not cops or soldiers want gun laws changed you had better start hitting the voting booths and elect legislators who believe and act like you do! OK Thanks for the rant time-I'll turn my soap box back over now and fill it with ammo cans!

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Its the same thing Starbucks had to do. They get forced into choosing a side mentally, so they go for the right in the middle approach to keep the most customers.
    IMO I can't really blame them for doing it being a national business, its just what they have to do.
    How is saying they do not want guns in their business staying in the middle? The middle was their original stance of saying they would go by local law. What they did is side against gun owners.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Simple solution...we have a choice to take our business elsewhere. Sadly, I'm not sure that the number of law abiding citizens moving their business elsewhere will even make a blip on their radar.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Here is reportedly the real reason Chipotle took this action...
    gunschipotle.jpeg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will get flamed for saying this but really guys.....what makes doing this seem like a good idea in the times we live in. If I saw these 2 nut bags in my general vicinity they may be tested severely.
    I have no idea as to their competency with high powered center fire and from all outward appearances and their actions they are not competent. That makes me terribly uncomfortable and I do not like being uncomfortable.
    Pistols in holsters.....long guns in cases.

Top Bottom