Shannon Watts is bullying another business. Pulls out all the crazy.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    No flaming here CM. I teach bowhunter ed. and hunter ed. It's everyone's right to parade down town with their deer draped over the hood of their car and walk in restaurants with blood all over them too, but it's just not a smart thing to do. It's poking your finger in someone's eye just because you can. We recommend people put their deer in the back of the truck with the tailgate up or the trunk, then clean up before entering stores or restaurants. It's just good PR. Same thing here. Why antagonize people?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Here is reportedly the real reason Chipotle took this action...
    gunschipotle.jpeg

OMG. :facepalm:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    No flaming here CM. I teach bowhunter ed. and hunter ed. It's everyone's right to parade down town with their deer draped over the hood of their car and walk in restaurants with blood all over them too, but it's just not a smart thing to do. It's poking your finger in someone's eye just because you can. We recommend people put their deer in the back of the truck with the tailgate up or the trunk, then clean up before entering stores or restaurants. It's just good PR. Same thing here. Why antagonize people?
    sometimes we are our own worst enemy and we aren't smart enough to wake up and see it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

It is the "I need to be seen" mentality.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    sometimes we are our own worst enemy and we aren't smart enough to wake up and see it.

So true. Yet, I can't help but hesitate to include those two knuckleheads in the collective "we" of gunowners, as most of us are way smarter than that. They are the proverbial bad apple in the barrel.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    CM, Mrs G, maybe it's the crossover from the "old geezer" thread, but why can't we just enjoy our rights with a live and let live mentality? Why embrace confrontation? I don't have to agree with everyone (especially those I consider wrong-minded), but why create a scene where one isn't needed?

Old Geezer in me I guess, but mostly I just want to be left alone and try to fly under the radar as much as possible. I'm polite and do enjoy talking to people, but just don't enjoy arguing like a young man. In fact, I've never enjoyed arguing. I do like a good debate especially if I can learn something, but argue? Why.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In any hobby/passion/sport there will be those who really just do not "Get" it.

Seriously, what do those 2 fellas think they are getting done for the cause.

I do not enjoy confrontation. Reason being I will rise to the occasion and that never ends well for anyone involved. No one really "Wins" a fight and people get hurt when fire arms are not handled properly.

This planet would be a great place to live if it were not for all the people......:)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Chipotle lost me a couple years back when they started rounding up to the nearest nickel. I heard they stopped that practice, but I don't miss them enough to go back.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I'm not realizing what these half-assed OC outings try to prove nor how they further the cause of 2A supporters around the country. Now, these two guys think they are promoting the cause, when in fact, they are hurting all of us.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    It was pointed out in another thread on this topic (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...se/346336-another-business-bans-firearms.html) that these two guys had just attended a gun rights rally and went there to eat. I've been to a couple of those rallies in Indy, but put my AR-15 back in the trunk before going to a local restaurant for lunch. Although I did see people on the sidewalks walking to and from the rally carrying rifles, I don't remember seeing any rifles inside the restaurant that we stopped at afterwards.

Just want to throw this question out there. Since 1) there was a rally taking place in the area, and 2) people in the restaurant were likely aware of the rally taking place, and 3) there were likely many more people out on the sidewalks carrying rifles as there were in Indy on the rally days, do any of you think these circumstances put their actions in a different light?

Some more info on both sides of the incident here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoc...-chipotle-to-ban-guns-after-open-carry-event/

http://www.opencarrytexas.org/

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It was pointed out in another thread on this topic (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...se/346336-another-business-bans-firearms.html) that these two guys had just attended a gun rights rally and went there to eat. I've been to a couple of those rallies in Indy, but put my AR-15 back in the trunk before going to a local restaurant for lunch. Although I did see people on the sidewalks walking to and from the rally carrying rifles, I don't remember seeing any rifles inside the restaurant that we stopped at afterwards.

Just want to throw this question out there. Since 1) there was a rally taking place in the area, and 2) people in the restaurant were likely aware of the rally taking place, and 3) there were likely many more people out on the sidewalks carrying rifles as there were in Indy on the rally days, do any of you think these circumstances puts their actions in a different light?

I don't. I attended a RKBA rally in downtown SB, the one Congresswoman Walorski attended, carrying a slung AR. So I am willing to open carry a rifle in public. When the wife and I ate after the rally, I put the rifle back in the truck. We have to use some common sense.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

Just want to throw this question out there. Since 1) there was a rally taking place in the area, and 2) people in the restaurant were likely aware of the rally taking place, and 3) there were likely many more people out on the sidewalks carrying rifles as there were in Indy on the rally days, do any of you think these circumstances puts their actions in a different light?

Some more info on both sides of the incident here: Gun Control Group Asks Chipotle To Ban Guns After Open Carry Event (UPDATED) - Forbes

Maybe...I guess...but for me - back to the hunting scenario - just because it's opening day of gun season, I'm still going to clean up and keep my deer out of sight and no blood dripping off or out of my truck. I still think it's good PR to keep a low profile and not even accidentally force an un-needed confrontation. That's me.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Chipotle lost me a couple years back when they started rounding up to the nearest nickel. I heard they stopped that practice, but I don't miss them enough to go back.
    I wish the whole country would round to the nearest nickel all the time. It is time to get rid of pennies. Note, I said round not round UP.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I don't. I attended a RKBA rally in downtown SB, the one Congresswoman Walorski attended, carrying a slung AR. So I am willing to open carry a rifle in public. When the wife and I ate after the rally, I put the rifle back in the truck. We have to use some common sense.

I put my rifle back in the trunk after the Indy rally too. Didn't see any rifles in the restaurant where we ate, but if I had, I would likely have associated them with the rally.

Maybe...I guess...but for me - back to the hunting scenario - just because it's opening day of gun season, I'm still going to clean up and keep my deer out of sight and no blood dripping off or out of my truck. I still think it's good PR to keep a low profile and not even accidentally force an un-needed confrontation. That's me.

I don't disagree. Just saying that after I discovered more of the facts surrounding the incident, that the two men had just attended a public rally in the area, I am more inclined to cut them some slack and less inclined to label them as lone ignorant DBs with no other mission but to incite confrontation.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I wish the whole country would round to the nearest nickel all the time. It is time to get rid of pennies. Note, I said round not round UP.

It's common practice in Canada now. Canada started phasing the penny out of their circulation in 2012, and as a result, rounding to the nearest nickel.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I don't think open carry of handguns is legal in Texas. So by default an open carry event would include rifles. I see no problem with their actions per se. If I were to offer suggestions: 1) pull the mags and insert a chamber flag. 2) dress a little nicer. Now I know that will get some panties in a bunch and I am not suggesting suits. But if everyone was dressed similarly, maybe matching polo shirts or have some tasteful T shirts made up. Leave the gym shorts at home.

People like Watts are paid to win the PR battles. We need to be smarter.

Top Bottom