• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Welllll.....? Did you get that 22 caliber death ray into her hand? And did she enjoy herself? Because, other than getting the communication going, that's all that was missing!!

Everything went great! I posted the range report, but had to take down the pictures, just in case some of you have children in Decatur, she didn't want any of her students to see her shooting.

I agreed to get rid of the guns that aren't being used, so away goes some and I will be getting others, that will be used. :laugh: So, I'm looking for a 20G shotgun, G27, and maybe an AK. :rockwoot:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Que, I'm really happy to hear that things are improving. It's difficult for me to relate to situations like this. I also have been married for over 20 years but some people actually refuse to believe me when I describe how well my marriage works to them. I'm not bragging because my wife deserves most of the credit for this and I am an extremely lucky man. The only suggestion I might add would be to possibly find a way to have a discussion about this with someone you both trust. Perhaps even with your minister or pastor if you have one. I don't mean necessarily do this in a planned "marriage counseling" type of situation, just more of a casual discussion.

I add this as a suggestion only because that is what I would do. Only you know if this something that would be of any help to your situation, so take it for what it's worth to you. I sincerely hope everything continues to go well.

Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    Wow. That original post stunned me. I'm not married but there is no way I would have handled that as well as you did. Glad to hear you're working it out.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Wow. That original post stunned me. I'm not married but there is no way I would have handled that as well as you did. Glad to hear you're working it out.

It was a tough one and I could have easily let it go south. However, after a short while, I doubt I would ever miss a gun as much as my wife and family. Besides, if I had handled the issue the correct way in the first place, we would not have had this problem.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Some lessons more painful than others.

It was a tough one and I could have easily let it go south. However, after a short while, I doubt I would ever miss a gun as much as my wife and family. Besides, if I had handled the issue the correct way in the first place, we would not have had this problem.

I had a marriage of thirty one years go away because I am a REAL SLOW learner! Oh well, you do live and learn........................ or you don't live long! :D

kimmi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Congrats on resolving everything! My husband and I go shooting together and it's a great way to relieve stress and spend time together. It's always good to share a hobby!

:)

philec39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Frankfort, IN
    Looks like I'm late with a response...again. Don't know if this will help or not, or if you've already tried it. Show her some of the articles about lives that were saved because someone had a handgun.Most shooting magazines I've seen (admittedly not all) have several articles on this subject in every issue. If not, there's always the internet. I agree with HandK; the point about cars. The last figures I had was that we kill approximately 40,000people every year on the highways. I wish you the best in sorting this out.

Top Bottom