Should I worry about carrying a gun if I don't know it's history?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I remember the arguments over that one,

"... but the founding fathers never envisioned a future where nail clippers would be available to the common citizen ... think of the children!"

"Read my lips: The right to personal grooming accessories SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!"

:bash:

Very heated debate. :):

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    I remember the arguments over that one,

:bash:

Very heated debate. :):

I think you are misinterpreting the documents. "personal grooming" was never meant to include personal nail clippers. This was to performed by those who were trained and licensed in the trade or craft of clippery. It was never meant for something to be developed that was that small and dangerous to oneself. Yes, think of the children...

lane440

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    whiteland
    what if it has a body count ( worst case ) and you are found with it and you cant prove when you obtained it ?? Hmmm what a catch 22. Just saying always stuff to think about. Roll the dice now you might lose a little money or go for the big gamble and it may cost you more than money.

Glock18FA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    tinfoil%20hat.jpg

Its heavy duty in this thread.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    We're not talking conspirocy here, we're talking common sense. The whole point of my original post, was I did not want to end up like that guy in the article above. I did not want to be caught with a stolen gun, if that's what it was.

Liberty Sanders has it right. Owning and/or carrying a stolen gun is just stupid, & I'm not going to take that chance if I don't know the guns history.

Anyways, it turned out fine in my case, it's not stolen, but it could have been just like that guy in Miami. Well, not JUST like that, I wouldn't take it into an airport.

Top Bottom