• ...and so much more!
  • LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    I've got a few...

1975 BMW R90S Only made three years, two years in this color.
    View attachment 49418

2011 Ural Patrol
    View attachment 49419

Some of the others. 2010 BMW R1200RT, 1981 BMW R100, 2006 Kawasaki KLR650
    View attachment 49420

Wow what a stable! My Dad had an R75/5 in that color, it's now my brother's.

I had to google the Ural, I've never seen one, it's awesome! The site I was looking at says this is a feature of the 2015 model, but it sure caught my attention lol

'and yes, even a machine gun stand kit and ammo canister.'

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    2510_zpsvyhq65c5.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

1997 Vmax- real carbon fiber body work-Marks 4-2 exhaust-upgraded all levers and pegs.. other than that motor is stock. Just a cruiser with attitude.
    1983 XJ750 in the background buddy at works bike.

Sweet! I love the black on chrome color schemes, definitely my favorite.

I wasn't too thrilled about the purplish red color of my bike when I got it, but it's grown on me and I won't change it. Looks like your buddy's bike is the same color! Don't see a lot of that color, even on the XJ forums I belong to. Always nice to see other xj's!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My 1979 XS400. I did a light restoration (blew apart and cleaned everything and replaced everything that a good cleaning would not cure). It had been in a barn from 1993 until I got it in 2008.

Now, imagine this bike with the tank off and the head off...along with everything attached to the head, awaiting new rings and a rebuilt head because someone let a bolt get sucked into the cylinder and since its apart, why not rings?

As much as I have enjoyed this motorcycle, and i have, I'm thinking about selling it after i get it done and ride some this year, and getting an early '70s XS650 project.

attachment.php

attachment.php

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    My 1979 XS400. I did a light restoration (blew apart and cleaned everything and replaced everything that a good cleaning would not cure). It had been in a barn from 1993 until I got it in 2008.

Now, imagine this bike with the tank off and the head off...along with everything attached to the head, awaiting new rings and a rebuilt head because someone let a bolt get sucked into the cylinder and since its apart, why not rings?

As much as I have enjoyed this motorcycle, and i have, I'm thinking about selling it after i get it done and ride some this year, and getting an early '70s XS650 project.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Oh that sucks! I did that with a Nighthawk I used to have, except it was a socket I dropped in it lol.

Looks sharp! Love the lines of those bikes, Yamaha kept that style on the UK XJ models. Kinda wish they'd done the same here

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    They have had a retro of this model and it's sweet. Not sure if they have it for next year but I would own one.
    I'm still waiting on a 74 rd400 to show up in my driveway.. Buddy says it's coming someday..... Love ,2 strokes.
    Nice bike houghmade! Good luck getting it back together.

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    My little commuter, 75 miles per gallon, under a $100 year for plates, under $100 a year for insurance.

Sharp! Had a little 250 Honda Rebel years ago, that thing was so fun, I beat the snot out of it. And yeah talk about great gas mileage! I wish my XJ got better gas mileage, I'm lucky to get 50 mpg.

Definitely love the cheap insurance! Mine comes out to $96 a year :-P plates are $58. They were only $38 until they went up this year..boo :-(

Even though 50 mpg ain't great, it's still way better than any of our caged vehicles. I try to drive it everywhere I can, even shopping. That's why I kept the luggage rack, even though I think it looks kinda dorky.

I think this is the biggest load I've come home with.. (!)

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    That's great.. I just picked up 1000k of .223 and rode home.. In saddle bags that I can throw over the seats..
    I had a 83 midnight Maxim 750 really road the tires off that one.

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    They have had a retro of this model and it's sweet. Not sure if they have it for next year but I would own one.
    I'm still waiting on a 74 rd400 to show up in my driveway.. Buddy says it's coming someday..... Love ,2 strokes.

I so love that bike makers are doing retro models! My favorite US model so far is the Honda CB1100.

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    That's great.. I just picked up 1000k of .223 and rode home.. In saddle bags that I can throw over the seats..
    I had a 83 midnight Maxim 750 really road the tires off that one.

My bags are supposed to be throw overs, not exactly easy to mount bags on these bikes. Since I already had the mount for the luggage rack and sissy bar, we made it work. The bags are expandable for extra storage space, I love that feature, use it a lot. Also have a tank bag I use sometimes, and some day I'd like to get the tail bag that snaps on to the saddlebags I have.

A coworker of my husbands just gave us a 750 Midnight Maxim a few years ago! He gave up on it as a project, needed too much work. It got rode HARD! Stole some parts off for my bike and gave it to my little brother. Hopefully he'll make a nice bike out of it again someday.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County

Never heard of a '74 RD400. Is this a prototype?

I had a '77 - best most fun bike to ride I've ever owned! Still beat myself up for selling it.

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    I would like a Kawasaki W800...

W800.jpg

Unfortunately, they have never sold them in the U.S., but a nice W650 would do just fine.

0401w650lofc200904.jpg

Wonder why the US gets the 650 but not the 800?

Here's another I'd love to check out if they'd bring em to the US

Yamaha XSR700

Really more of a retro 'inspired' bike lol. Basically a cosmetically restyled FZ-07. Kinda diggin the modern retro look though

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Never heard of a '74 RD400. Is this a prototype?

I had a '77 - best most fun bike to ride I've ever owned! Still beat myself up for selling it.

whoops made a typo.. the 400 replaced the 350.. love anything 2 stroke. Have a rd350 coming and waiting on the rd400... would love to fill the barn up with 2 strokes, right now its filled with hay for the horses... not the same.:rolleyes: someday.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    whoops made a typo.. the 400 replaced the 350.. love anything 2 stroke. Have a rd350 coming and waiting on the rd400... would love to fill the barn up with 2 strokes, right now its filled with hay for the horses... not the same.:rolleyes: someday.

If you need space for those two-strokes, just let me know. I'm one county over. Just leave the keys!;)

Top Bottom