• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    If you need space for those two-strokes, just let me know. I'm one county over. Just leave the keys!;)

I have waited for years on these. I work on old bikes and came across a Yamaha mx175 (1974). Very good condition it even had a title.. The name on it was a old friend, called him and he came over.. He said it was over 30 years ogi he sold that bike..bought it new and had sold it. So he wanted it back and I love to swap, told him find me a RD350 and were good. Well he did and I hope that this weekend we can trade.
    If you want to come over sure!. Bring something to shoot and I can provide the sweet tea.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have waited for years on these. I work on old bikes and came across a Yamaha mx175 (1974). Very good condition it even had a title.. The name on it was a old friend, called him and he came over.. He said it was over 30 years ogi he sold that bike..bought it new and had sold it. So he wanted it back and I love to swap, told him find me a RD350 and were good. Well he did and I hope that this weekend we can trade.
    If you want to come over sure!. Bring something to shoot and I can provide the sweet tea.

Those RD350s can be crazy little rockets if you put some time and money into them. It is the basically same engine Yamaha used for the Banshee ATV and most all the aftermarket parts for the Banshee will fit the RD350 engine. And they really will scream like a Banshee. RD400s are cool too. We have one, but can't remember the year. It's orange I know that. Been too long since the old mosquito duster has hit the road though.

If you really want an awesome rare old two stroke look for the RZ series. The RZ500 is a V-4 500cc two stroke. Never imported into the US but were to Canada. A few pop up on the market now and again but they are spendy.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Those RD350s can be crazy little rockets if you put some time and money into them. It is the basically same engine Yamaha used for the Banshee ATV and most all the aftermarket parts for the Banshee will fit the RD350 engine. And they really will scream like a Banshee. RD400s are cool too. We have one, but can't remember the year. It's orange I know that. Been too long since the old mosquito duster has hit the road though.

If you really want an awesome rare old two stroke look for the RZ series. The RZ500 is a V-4 500cc two stroke. Never imported into the US but were to Canada. A few pop up on the market now and again but they are spendy.

Soooo when did you want me to pick that up and make some space for you....? Kidding, sort of. I have looked at some lc350 from Canada same motor as the banshee just not jetted and piped. I have never laid eyes on a rz500.. Can only imagine. I will keep searching for the mosquito dusters. Most are parts bikes but I know keep looking and asking I track some more down. The 2 I am looking at are far from road worthy.. So parts is parts and gold to me.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Had I known Yamahammer was going to make the FZ-09 into a retro bike (XRS900) I would have held off a little longer. But the FZ is pretty bad ass so I can't complain.

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    Had I known Yamahammer was going to make the FZ-09 into a retro bike (XRS900) I would have held off a little longer. But the FZ is pretty bad ass so I can't complain.

Oooo.. I didn't know Yamaha was going to release the 900 in the US. Have to keep my eye out for a used one in 5 years or so when I can afford one :-P lol

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I've got two, but only pictures of one. Some day I will get the Russian Ural turd of mine running and get a pixture. But until then, there is this

IMG_2593.JPG

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    H5kiSY6.jpg

I bought this like three years ago. This is the photo that the gentlemen sent me when it was for sale.

Poor fella, left out in the cold. All neglected. I'll give it a nice home, I thought.

Three years later and it's still in my backyard under a tarp. Some project, right?

I've also seem to have lost the title I received when I bought it. Fun times.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The 600 is now if full flat white race trim and is dedicated for trackdays.

2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition #4750
    2013 GSX-R1000 One Million Commemorative Edition #1159/1985

2rqhu7n.jpg

jhpvk5.jpg

Last edited:

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    H5kiSY6.jpg

I bought this like three years ago. This is the photo that the gentlemen sent me when it was for sale.

Poor fella, left out in the cold. All neglected. I'll give it a nice home, I thought.

Three years later and it's still in my backyard under a tarp. Some project, right?

I've also seem to have lost the title I received when I bought it. Fun times.

Great start for a project bike, though!

Top Bottom