• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    First, gun owners/carriers should NOT say "if he saw I was carrying, he would never have done that". I hate that type of attitude. It just gives us a bad name.

Second, it's only 6 items. So what. I've done that.

Third, if someone calls you out like that, IGNORE HIM. Dont sink to his level. Even if he makes fun of your mom, gets in your face, etc...Ignore him. ESPECIALLY if you carry a gun.

I'd say more, but I'd rather not.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Clarification: Was the guy arguing with you an employee? I didn't get that from the original post, but it seems others read it that way... Just wondering.
    Just to clarify the guy that was hassleing me was another customer not an employee. And the Carrying comment was a food for thought comment on how the other guy would have reacted. LIKE I SAID BEFORE THE THOUGHT OF USING A FIRE ARM NEVER CROSSED MY MIND. I know all caps is like shouting but I'm not I just want to make it clear this was and after thought wonering what the other guy would have done, if he had noticed the 1911 that I usually carry. I'm thinking he would have started yelling for a LEO at the least. Now I'll get back to reading the rest of the comments.

braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    i was unaware that any fire departments did this? thought it was just a hollywood thing.

If lives are in danger, property always comes second. Obviously if there was just and alarm and nothing visible you would just call in to PD to have a ticket written.

I can guarantee that if we pulled up at a Wal-Mart on fire, and there was a vehicle blocking an entrance / egress or plug it would be quickly pushed out of the way.

Not really "policy" but it is how things work.

no_parking.jpg

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    Most people missed a key point in the original post:

He said there was no one in the 20 or less line!!

So, it was not the employee, I ASSume it was a customer that came up behind you after you moved over. So he was delayed the 20 seconds it took to scan your extra times. Poor baby, I still say I'd ignore his stupid comment and move on.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    That's what I get from this thread. Hypocrites with penis envy. :D

This thread is about Johnsons? Oy. I guess I missed that.

In my limited experience (I'm rarely allowed to shop or otherwise interact with people), it's usually a woman who pipes up from somewhere back in any line or crowd when something's amiss. Often the discomfort on the face of the man with her is easily visible.

:popcorn:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    You could apply the same logic to coming here and starting a thread to complain that some guy called you out for doing something that was, you know, not that big a deal, just mildly inconsiderate. Yeah, it was a little frustrating or embarrassing, but in the overall scheme of things, -3? Worth a rant post here?

No?

True, but the OP wasn't ranting, he was asking if his expectation and response were out of line. The follow up posters are the ones that turned it into a rant page.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    The guy behind you was being a jerk.

Normally when something like that happens, I just ignore them--especially when folk start dropping profanities. There is a saying that "Profanity is the crutch of the conversational cripple" and I agree wholeheartedly.

Plus the more someone rants about something, especially when the other guy is not arguing, that makes the "ranter" look even that much more idiotic.

Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Somebody posted how his neighbor was being used as a punching bag by her husband. Half the responses followed the MYOB rule. You know, the "be a good witness" so you can identify the husband as the culprit when they role her out of the house in the body bag. :n00b:

Of course, that's just representative of the bigger picture. See a crime taking place? ****, no, I'm not going to say anything to the CRIMINAL who's DIRECTLY INFRINGING ON SOMEONE'S RIGHTS and might actually be causing bodily harm. But experience a little bit of inconvenience because someone else had the nerve--OMG, like, can you believe it?!?--to take six more items through a checkout lane and suddenly it's soooooo worth opening my trap and telling him what a worthless pile of **** he is while affirming my manhood is larger than his.

That's what I get from this thread. Hypocrites with penis envy. :D

uNFORTUNATely I know nothing of the other thread and did not have a chance to partake. Penis envy? I raced a Suzuki Swift (Think: metro on steroids.) I don't think I even care that I have a penis after that. :laugh:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    The guy behind you was being a jerk.

Normally when something like that happens, I just ignore them--especially when folk start dropping profanities. There is a saying that "Profanity is the crutch of the conversational cripple" and I agree wholeheartedly.

Plus the more someone rants about something, especially when the other guy is not arguing, that makes the "ranter" look even that much more idiotic.

Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

+1, again -- think of how this whole discussion would have been different if the original story had read ~"some guy said I had too many things. I just ignored him, paid, and left", or if he'd followed the advice MY mother always gave: "Kill them with kindness", which I think is particularly appropriate if you're carrying a gun.

"I'm very sorry, I didn't mean to inconvenience you, have a nice day."

Hmm. But I guess that would have eliminated all of the penis chatter.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    If lives are in danger, property always comes second. Obviously if there was just and alarm and nothing visible you would just call in to PD to have a ticket written.

I can guarantee that if we pulled up at a Wal-Mart on fire, and there was a vehicle blocking an entrance / egress or plug it would be quickly pushed out of the way.

Not really "policy" but it is how things work.

no_parking.jpg

And you all just thought that the scene in "Backdraft" where they busted out the windows of the Mercedes and ran the hose through it was just theater. HAH ! ! ! :naughty: GOTTA LOVE IT ! ! ! !

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    +1, again -- think of how this whole discussion would have been different if the original story had read ~"some guy said I had too many things. I just ignored him, paid, and left", or if he'd followed the advice MY mother always gave: "Kill them with kindness", which I think is particularly appropriate if you're carrying a gun.

"I'm very sorry, I didn't mean to inconvenience you, have a nice day."

Hmm. But I guess that would have eliminated all of the penis chatter.

Hey, I understand that the OP's Arthur Itus was acting up. I have some pretty painful physical ailments and can understand how that could have fed into his response. I can certainly relate. Maybe even a comment about that could have gotten some understanding from Mr. Checkoutwalmartcop. Who knows? Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Walmart is at fault along with your public officials that won't hold them to the standards they agreed to when they built. I get so ticked off at them for the tax breaks they get based upon the number of jobs they created in the community and the lies they tell city councils and boards to get permission to build. They are open 24/7 with like 50 registers, by their math that's 150 + jobs just to run the registers at each store...then they hire 6 of the dumbest laziest ppl they can get and open 2 registers.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Apparently none of you have been to a walmart on Black Friday or the normal "peak hours". I know Brownsburg had every register open black friday. I also know that during their peak times on Sat and Sunday they will have almost all registers open to get people through. There are still lines. And there are still a-holes that like to take full carts to the 20 or FEWER lines.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Boy did I open a can of worms! Don't worry I can take it. I expexted to get slapped around a little. Had I done an actual count and knew I was at 26 items I might have looked for a regular line but this particular WM always has less lines open than they need. But I had mostly large Items like a case of diet coke and 1 Liter bottles of flavored water. I really thought I had between 20-22 Items. Had I known what was to come, I would have gladly waited in a longer line instead of making an a$$ out of myself for 6 items. But after saying "I'm sorry twice" (wasn't clear on that point in the OP) I thought he went over board.

Top Bottom