• ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Rebecca,

I've heard that spending a few hours at a polling place passing out flyers and encouraging voters to vote for a candidate can really make a difference in each precinct.

If anyone wants to help get the word out on election day by donating a few hours, how can they volunteer to help your campaign?
    One of the best ways would be to contact your local county LP affiliate. IN your case that would be the Marion County LP.
    Libertarian Party of Marion County | Liberty and Justice for All
    They'll likely have access to materials to hand out and can tell you the best times to be at your polling place, (early in the morning to catch the old timers. LOL).

For those in other counties that would like to help you can contact the LPIN for info on your local affiliate.
    Libertarian Party of Indiana | Official LPIN Website

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Coats is a no go... the only time he likes anybody is when he is running for something. Any other time we are dirt on the floor..
    At least the other guy Ellsworth favors fireamrs ownership.
    THe danger is that he is a DEM. That majority scares me like crazy. What will he do when the pressure is on him. It would not be the first time someone turned on firearms owners or the NRA. I guess that spells ... afraid to trust him....
    Can't vote for Coats, so.... ieny meany miny mo.???

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Folks... no matter what we do in our races here in Indiana - we are going to have a very bad time in the 2012 elections.

Look at Truman's campaign in 1948. Repubs gained control post war of both the house and Senate in mid-terms in 1946, and only kept control for two years. Truman won in '48 and his coat-tails switched control of both houses back to the dems. Ike came in four years later, and his coat tails swung the balance again, but he couldn't keep control for his party for long. Dems dominated the congress in late 1950s and didn't really give up control until Reagan. Even then it took Clinton in the 1990s before GOP broke the dem control.

Remember, every seat we win this cycle vs. the Progressives, just becomes another marketing point for 2012. Winning big this cycle can give us a second Obama term and swing the pendulum back to Dems controlling both houses in 2012 for a generation or two.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    How about no evil rather than the lesser?

What we need is the option to vote "None of the above" which, upon winning, would force a new election with all new candidates! They might get the message if the voters reject all of 'em. It would be better than not voting in the particular race.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    You people who cannot decide to vote (R) or (D) despite the fact that you dislike both.....what is so repugnant about the Libertarian party, or Rebecca Sink-Burris, that you will not even consider putting your vote or support behind her?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You people who cannot decide to vote (R) or (D) despite the fact that you dislike both.....what is so repugnant about the Libertarian party, or Rebecca Sink-Burris, that you will not even consider putting your vote or support behind her?
    There are lots of folks, here on INGO who are planning on voting for Rebecca. Just look in this thread and others.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

I think a lot of people that are complaining about the D and R choices are just pissed that we're going to end up with 6 years of Coats. Rebecca Sink-Burris may have support on INGO (i'm voting for her) but there's no way she wins this election.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I think a lot of people that are complaining about the D and R choices are just pissed that we're going to end up with 6 years of Coats. Rebecca Sink-Burris may have support on INGO (i'm voting for her) but there's no way she wins this election.

The chance is very slim. Our best bet is to have Elssworth win and given his ability to ride the middle, he's more likely to listen to the voters than Coats.

We know coats cared less in the past and given his age (and the millions he's made in teh past 7 years as a lobbyist in DC is beholding to no one but himself and special interests. He'll be lugar x2.

No more lesser of two evils for me. If I still believed in that nonsense, I'd have to vote for ellsworth since he is the lesser evil of the two. I can't see that happening though.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Don't forget his stellar votes for TARP and Stimulus, and GM/Chrysler...

Brad Ellsworth on Budget & Economy

I want my candidates to respect the ENTIRE Constitution.

While coats was making millions lobbying for them to pass....

I really don't see the point in comparing these two:
    ****_Sandwich.jpg

douchebag.jpg

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    No mention of Rooney or Miller here?

I'm getting in line for RS-B. But am suprized that some of the "throw away vote" discussion doesn't include the Independents.

Don't know who Rooney or Miller are... Rebecca Sink-Burris has had the courage to come to OUR forum and speak with US. When they do that, they'll get their due - if their ideas and background merit it.

As for Coats - it seems that the quote from Braveheart might be applicable...

" Lower your flags and march straight back to England, stopping at every home you pass by to beg forgiveness for a hundred years of theft, rape, and murder. Do that and your men shall live. Do it not, and every one of you will die today. "

I have not heard such an apology from him for all of the BS artistry and betrayal. And there's no way I can vote for a RINO with a history such as his.

jdl357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I was going to vote for Coates until I read this thread. Now I'm not sure. No way is Ellsworth getting my vote. I need to look closer at Sink-Burris

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I was going to vote for Coates until I read this thread. Now I'm not sure. No way is Ellsworth getting my vote. I need to look closer at Sink-Burris

Coats is so far ahead that he is not even campaigning very hard to win the Indiana Senate race. The way I see it, I voted for RSB to send a message to the Indiana GOP leadership that I didn't like them messing around with the GOP grassroots by picking and throwing their full support behind a candidate that leaves a sour taste in many Hoosier's mouths. Especially, when there were already TWO candidates(Hostettler and Stutzman) who were polling ahead of Ellsworth. There WAS NOT a need for the Indiana GOP leadership and the NSRC to stick their noses in OUR business. Like I said, it was an easy decision for me to vote for RSB.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    ***Making note of those whose voting preferences will speed us towards collapse. To cross-reference against those who preach to the rest of us that American can be saved at the ballot box and all the talk of "other" action is just bad juju.

I'm inclined to take my chances with Coats. At least there's a chance, no matter how small, that he won't be an idiot. I can't say the same about his opponent.
    So True

Top Bottom