• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    I thought you were a Libertarian, why should you be allowed to vote in a Republican Primary. People can and should be able to change their party affiliation. I think they should require the party change be made long enough before the primary that it isn't part of some opposition strategy.

A Person does not have to be a member of a respective party to vote in the primary ... the Uni-Party system wants it that way .
    If people HAD to join a party and pay a yearly due . They could not get the turn out for the primary election that they do .
    Also you would not need one ... just have the membership mail in a Primary ballot to the party HQ and shazam !! the primary is done without the taxpayers funding it . Of course you would not get the fanfare of the media ... when was the last time you herd of the Lions Club national prez . election on the tube.
    Thanks
    Duncan

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I don't understand why people are voting for either Coats or Ellsworth. The lesser of two evils idea is bogus, and I'm tired of seeing that brought up. People say that RSB cant win... because nobody is voting for her! Vote for her if you want to see a true change in this country or state, vote for the other two if you want a bigger, more oppressive government. Will she win? Maybe not, but you're still sending a message, as opposed to advocating government to continue to infringe on our rights.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Ronald Reagan was The Greatest American President in my lifetime and you hatred of Abraham Lincoln smacks of racism.

Ronald Regan signed the biggest gun ban of your lifetime (86 ban) and increased the national debt (percentage wise) more than bush or obama (thus far) has.

Lincoln authorized the murder of tens of thousands of women and children by general sherman, was the first president to use an executive order for anything other than dedicating a holiday or memorial and caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans via an unconstitutional war.

Did you even bother reading your history books?

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    Ronald Regan signed the biggest gun ban of your lifetime (86 ban) and increased the national debt (percentage wise) more than bush or obama (thus far) has.

Lincoln authorized the murder of tens of thousands of women and children by general sherman, was the first president to use an executive order for anything other than dedicating a holiday or memorial and caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans via an unconstitutional war.

Did you even bother reading your history books?

(Lincoln)
    Don't forget about the arrest and imprisonment of thousands without the benefit of trial. Also the exclusive concentration on parts of the DOI without using legal means provided for in the Constitution to accomplish his goals.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    When candidates and sitting senators switch parties, you know there isn't a dime's woth of difference between the two.
    This discussion, and several others, all seem to have a common theme. Neither party is doing us any favors and it's hard to tell the difference. Obama was elected because the voters wanted change. Many are unhappy with the change they're seeing, so the next election(s) will hopefully reflect that. This didn't happen overnight and won't be rectified in one or two election cycles. The Founders provided us a means to put create this problem. We can use the same method to fix it.

We have to get out of the short term mindset of what's in it for me and into what's good for the country.

Kelevra TAR-21

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Did you even bother reading your history books?[/quote]
    ///////////////

I'm not into revisionist History. Are you one of those crazies that say our Founding Fathers were terrorists?

Last edited:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Just an observation... these types of threads always bring out some the same folks.

Here we go... Abe Lincoln ate my daughter's goldfish. Reagan was really a marxist.

And none of us have read our history books.

I think everyone needs to remember that a lot of folks on INGO tend to have very polarizing points of view. Therefore, these same people always feel marginalized.

And round and round we go...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just an observation... these types of threads always bring out some the same folks.

Here we go... Abe Lincoln ate my daughter's goldfish. Reagan was really a marxist.

I think everyone needs to remember that a lot of folks on INGO tend to have very polarizing points of view. Therefore, these same people always feel marginalized.

Turning philosopher in your old age :D

We do seem to have more than our fair share of people with eccentric outlooks :patriot:

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden

You mean like this?

Ronald Reagan was The Greatest American President in my lifetime and you hatred of Abraham Lincoln smacks of racism.

Like the only reason to dislike Lincoln, or Obama, is because of racism?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    A Person does not have to be a member of a respective party to vote in the primary ... the Uni-Party system wants it that way .
    If people HAD to join a party and pay a yearly due . They could not get the turn out for the primary election that they do .
    Also you would not need one ... just have the membership mail in a Primary ballot to the party HQ and shazam !! the primary is done without the taxpayers funding it . Of course you would not get the fanfare of the media ... when was the last time you herd of the Lions Club national prez . election on the tube.
    Thanks
    Duncan
    Do bear in mind that a vote for a given party is a promise to vote for a majority of that party in the general election. That's the way primary law is in Indiana. That's why most libertarians pick a non-partisan ballot (or a school board ballot) in the primaries, rather than interfere in another parties internal business.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just to clarify Indiana's Primary system:

When you go to vote in a primary here in dreary old Indiana, you have a choice each time as to which party's primary you want to vote in that time.

You can change which party's primary you vote in each election year.

According to Indiana statute you certify that you *INTEND* to vote for a majority of candidates in the General Election (the one in November) of the party you chose to vote in the primary for.

You do not have to vote for any of those candidates from that party. It's a secret ballot. Plus, the candidates you wanted to win in the primary might not have won, and you can shift your alliance to another candidate from any party.

The only time this becomes a problem is if you go to vote in the Dem primary - which makes you a Dem in the eyes of the State of Indiana, and the very next cycle you get fed up and want to run for office on the GOP ticket. You can't - without your county GOP chairman's approval. Because you voted in the Dem primary last time.

So, please remember: In the General Election, You can vote for anyone you prefer - regardless of which party's primary you voted in back in May.

Also, you can flop parties from election to election.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Here's the relevant IC on primary voting.
    IC 3-10-1-6 Eligible voters Sec. 6. A voter may vote at a primary election: (1) if the voter, at the last general election, voted for a majority of the regular nominees of the political party holding the primary election; or (2) if the voter did not vote at the last general election, but intends to vote at the next general election for a majority of the regular nominees of the political party holding the primary election; as long as the voter was registered as a voter at the last general election or has registered since then. and
    IC 3-10-1-9
    Challenging voter
    Sec. 9. A voter in a precinct may challenge a voter or person who offers to vote at a primary election. The challenged person may not vote unless the challenged person:
    (1) is registered;
    (2) makes:
    (A) an oral or a written affirmation under IC 3-10-12; or
    (B) an affidavit:
    (i) that the challenged person is a voter of the precinct; or
    (ii) required under IC 3-10-11 if the voter declares that the voter is entitled to vote under IC 3-10-11; and
    (3) either:
    (A) at the last general election voted for a majority of the regular nominees of the political party for whose candidates the challenged person proposes to vote in the primary election and intends to vote for the regular nominees of the political party at the next general election; or
    (B) if the challenged person did not vote at the last general election, intends to vote at the next general election for a majority of the regular nominees of the political party holding the primary election.
    While there's not a lot that can be done to you, other than your vote being challenged by someone at your polling place, the law is what it is.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    After thinking about what to do about Dan Coats I have come up with a quality idea rather than just complaining. Can we send him to Mexico on a drug interdiction mission so that he can try and tell those guys how he can help them like Indiana? Seriously, they may have a clue on how to handle a politician or two:shady:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2010
    This time you don't have to waste your vote on the Big Government candidates from the old parties. Coats is so far ahead of Ellsworth that even if the entire Patriot Movement voted Libertarian it would not change the outcome, Coats would still win. But if you vote for him, the Republican Party will continue to take you for granted. If you don't vote they will ignore you. But if you vote Libertarian, they will get the message loud and clear that the gig is up and they can't fool you any longer. If you want fiscally responsible, constitutionally limited government you have to vote for it. This time you can vote for what you want without being afraid of putting in "the lesser of two evils".

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    This time you don't have to waste your vote on the Big Government candidates from the old parties. Coats is so far ahead of Ellsworth that even if the entire Patriot Movement voted Libertarian it would not change the outcome, Coats would still win. But if you vote for him, the Republican Party will continue to take you for granted. If you don't vote they will ignore you. But if you vote Libertarian, they will get the message loud and clear that the gig is up and they can't fool you any longer. If you want fiscally responsible, constitutionally limited government you have to vote for it. This time you can vote for what you want without being afraid of putting in "the lesser of two evils".

Well said and my sentiments exactly. This is why my whole family will be voting for you this Nov. instead of just me which is normally the case. They were all impressed with your performance in the last debate and are looking forward to the next one. Take their distrust of Coats plus your performance and you can count on at least four votes with possibly more to come before election day.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2010
    Unlike the candidates from older parties, I do not take any votes for granted, every single one is important and deeply appreciated by me. Together we can make those in power understand that we mean what we are saying and expect them to act on our call for constitutionally limited government.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Rebecca,

I've heard that spending a few hours at a polling place passing out flyers and encouraging voters to vote for a candidate can really make a difference in each precinct.

If anyone wants to help get the word out on election day by donating a few hours, how can they volunteer to help your campaign?

Top Bottom