• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I made a few calls tonight and here's some possible news... I was told by one LGS (NOT Bradis, where I've already paid for a P-10 C) that CZ will only be importing 500 of them over the next three months. In other words, they'll be hard to get.

I also did learn that PSS has one that's not for sale that we can come in and handle. So if anyone's over that way, let us know what you think of it (at least we do know they actually exist now).

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I made a few calls tonight and here's some possible news... I was told by one LGS (NOT Bradis, where I've already paid for a P-10 C) that CZ will only be importing 500 of them over the next three months. In other words, they'll be hard to get.

I also did learn that PSS has one that's not for sale that we can come in and handle. So if anyone's over that way, let us know what you think of it (at least we do know they actually exist now).
    I'll try and go by there tomorrow.

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    All these folks in here claiming to have one but no pics or range reports yet. I find this highly suspicious ��
    Just proof..LOL

2vlnvp3.jpg

Last edited:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I stopped by PSS and checked out the one they have. While it's not for sale I was allowed to rack it and dry fire it. I was not impressed with the gun. While it may only be this one particular gun in a walk into a store and walk out with it scenario it would've stayed there. Retail is $529. Not a bad price as normal it comes with a case, a couple of back straps, a lock, some cleaning items and a a couple of mags.
    The stippling on this gun is very very aggressive. Ther back of the grip and the back straps feel like barbed wire. To shoot this much will require gloves. Bare handed it will tear your hand up. The trigger take up seems a bit long and gritty. The break is crisp at maybe 4-5 pounds. The reset is decent at maybe a 1/4 inch. It's not too hard to rack and the slide release isn't too hard. After a good amount of rounds the trigger would probably smooth out some and the grittiness might go away.
    My major complaint was the mag release. Ergonomically it sits well. Functionally it sucks! It is so hard you not only have to roll the gun in your hand to press harder on the button I had to use both my thumbs the release the mag. I tried it with all the mags, with the slide locked back and with the slide forward with the exact same results. Once the mag release was fully pressed the mags did drop free. I can only presume that there is a burr or misalignment inside the grip.
    The salesman said he had the exact same response when he first handled it. IMHO this was a sales killer. I've been heavily considering getting one of these but now I'm not so sure. Was this one gun a fluke? If I ordered one would it have the same problem? If it does what is the resolution to make it right?

Again this is a test sample of one. Every other one of them out there may work perfectly. I'm just saying that if it had been for sale it would've stayed there.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I stopped by PSS and checked out the one they have. While it's not for sale I was allowed to rack it and dry fire it. I was not impressed with the gun. While it may only be this one particular gun in a walk into a store and walk out with it scenario it would've stayed there. Retail is $529. Not a bad price as normal it comes with a case, a couple of back straps, a lock, some cleaning items and a a couple of mags.
    The stippling on this gun is very very aggressive. Ther back of the grip and the back straps feel like barbed wire. To shoot this much will require gloves. Bare handed it will tear your hand up. The trigger take up seems a bit long and gritty. The break is crisp at maybe 4-5 pounds. The reset is decent at maybe a 1/4 inch. It's not too hard to rack and the slide release isn't too hard. After a good amount of rounds the trigger would probably smooth out some and the grittiness might go away.
    My major complaint was the mag release. Ergonomically it sits well. Functionally it sucks! It is so hard you not only have to roll the gun in your hand to press harder on the button I had to use both my thumbs the release the mag. I tried it with all the mags, with the slide locked back and with the slide forward with the exact same results. Once the mag release was fully pressed the mags did drop free. I can only presume that there is a burr or misalignment inside the grip.
    The salesman said he had the exact same response when he first handled it. IMHO this was a sales killer. I've been heavily considering getting one of these but now I'm not so sure. Was this one gun a fluke? If I ordered one would it have the same problem? If it does what is the resolution to make it right?

Again this is a test sample of one. Every other one of them out there may work perfectly. I'm just saying that if it had been for sale it would've stayed there.

Thanks for posting your impressions of the gun. I have to say, the aggressiveness of the texturing on the grip will be a showstopper for me. I tried the new 2.0 M&P and hated the feel of the grips. I was really thinking about this gun, but my interest has certainly waned.

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    The grip texture honestly is not bad. Maybe it would be for those men with the softest of hands. I constantly see people stippling guns for added grip. I also see people adding skateboard tape. Not to mention the huge support for talon grips. I think it's just fine. And if those with sensitive hands can't take it, it would be nothing to sand it down a little.

Last edited:

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Are there problems with this website? I seem unable to get to page 2 of this thread.

Edit: making this post got me to page 2. Dan, thanks for your table top review. Makes me a bit nervous as a guy who has already paid for one of these (and has three magazines waiting), but we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Got to rent the P10c this morning at Point Blank. Not a bad gun, but I wasn't overly impressed. Trigger was a lot heavier than I'd expected from the reviews, felt like about 6lbs. Slide release and mag release were both so stiff as to be almost unusable. Accuracy was okay, but not phenomenal. Honestly I enjoyed shooting the Canik TP-9 SA V2 more. Can honestly say I'm glad I didn't pre-order one. Front and back straps were more aggressive than I liked as well. If I can get photobucket to cooperate, I'll post a few pics I took.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Okay, here we go, proof :D

IMG_20170513_101312_zps558vsnzo.jpg

IMG_20170513_101319_zpshmml4kyr.jpg

IMG_20170513_101757_zpsxqi7xlxn.jpg

Targets were 7M, 50 rounds. Accuracy wasn't horrid, but wasn't great. I wish I'd kept them, but the targets from shooting the Canik were much better.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I shot one today at Point Blank in Carmel alongside an M&P M2.0 and a Canik TP9. I actually like the P10c a lot - really only rented it because it's the new hotness but I really liked it. Shoots very flat - controls were easy to manipulate despite the mag release being pretty stiff. It almost felt like the mag release was rubbing on something but definitely didn't take an extreme amount of force to drop mags. All in all, I'm a fan. I'd like to shoot an FN 509 against it though.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I wonder how long until CajunGunWorks comes out with some P10C pixie dust to make the trigger as good as it can get. Most CZs are just Ok out of the box, some great, some not. It's when you add the CGW tuning parts that they tend to go from good to great pistols. Hopefully, CGW has something to help the new guns out by the time CZ starts shipping the .40 version.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom