• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    From what i saw on the mag release, a big part of it is the design: if you look at it, the pad where you press is towards the top. if you dont shift your grip, you're putting downward pressure on the release, pushing it against the frame instead of straight in. slide release was horrible to actuate, but will probably get better over time. i didn't see anything fit and finish wise that was bad. but the trigger was definitely not as good as i thought it would be. the Canik's trigger is better out of the box. and a Glock trigger is better with $30 worth of parts.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    From what i saw on the mag release, a big part of it is the design: if you look at it, the pad where you press is towards the top. if you dont shift your grip, you're putting downward pressure on the release, pushing it against the frame instead of straight in. slide release was horrible to actuate, but will probably get better over time. i didn't see anything fit and finish wise that was bad. but the trigger was definitely not as good as i thought it would be. the Canik's trigger is better out of the box. and a Glock trigger is better with $30 worth of parts.

I thought the same on the mag release so I changed my positioning and no matter what angle or preference I tried it was still unbearable. I haven't tried the SFx's trigger but really like my SF's. It is much better than the 10c's.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I thought the same on the mag release so I changed my positioning and no matter what angle or preference I tried it was still unbearable. I haven't tried the SFx's trigger but really like my SF's. It is much better than the 10c's.

Can't wait to get my SF Elite and test out the trigger. The one in the LGS was very nice. Hoping the one I receive is just as nice!

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    The mag release gets better with use, the trigger too. My slide release is stiff only when closing on empty mag - on full mag, or no mag it is very easy to operate, have no idea why, but this is a no issue, as this feature is made to be used with full mags only.

If you are impatient and want perfect pistol on day one - trigger and mag release polishing takes less than 10 minutes and you only need a needle nose pliers, dremel and pin punch. Pins come out very easily and pistol has very few parts and its very easy to take apart and put together.

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    The mag release on mine was stiff as well. Not unmanageable, but definitely stiffer than others and more than I would like. I was able to drop the mag using either my thumb or my finger on the right side of the gun. I never used my finger as most of my guns don't have mag releases on the right, but I wanted to see if it was stiff on that side as well. I am hoping it will loosen up with a little more use. Think I may sit with the gun next time my shows come on and insert and drop the mag a few hundred times. Will let you all know if that helps. As far as when I said audible click, it was both tactile and slightly audible for me, I however use electronic earmuffs and shoot on a private range. They seem to amplify some noises, clicks, etc. I swear I could hear it, but maybe I am crazy.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just got back from my LGS and this followed me home:

I'm dry fired it about a hundred times so far and I think the trigger feels pretty good for a NIB gun. There is a bit of a catch to the mag release, but nothing really different than a lot of my other pistols. The slide release is stiff though, but I slingshot the slide anyway. The grip texture on the front and back straps is aggressive, but feels good to me right now. We'll see how it feels after a couple of hundred rounds though. I'm thinking it will be fine. Overall, I'm impressed with the build quality and really like the trigger. The reset is short and positive, which is a good thing in my book.

The funny thing is, I didn't want this pistol until I held it in my hand. My plan was to hold out until the .40 versions came along and then see how that stacked up against the Glock 23. I have no need for a striker fired 9mm pistol, but when I held this gun, if felt good. Really good. I really need to go back to shopping for guns online. It's easy to talk yourself out of a gun that you can only see a picture of. It's much tougher when the thing is sitting in your hand and feels quite at home there.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville

I'm dry fired it about a hundred times so far and I think the trigger feels pretty good for a NIB gun. There is a bit of a catch to the mag release, but nothing really different than a lot of my other pistols. The slide release is stiff though, but I slingshot the slide anyway. The grip texture on the front and back straps is aggressive, but feels good to me right now. We'll see how it feels after a couple of hundred rounds though. I'm thinking it will be fine. Overall, I'm impressed with the build quality and really like the trigger. The reset is short and positive, which is a good thing in my book.

The funny thing is, I didn't want this pistol until I held it in my hand. My plan was to hold out until the .40 versions came along and then see how that stacked up against the Glock 23. I have no need for a striker fired 9mm pistol, but when I held this gun, if felt good. Really good. I really need to go back to shopping for guns online. It's easy to talk yourself out of a gun that you can only see a picture of. It's much tougher when the thing is sitting in your hand and feels quite at home there.
    Awesome, and yes very hard when t is in front of you! Lol.psyko

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Very nice looking. I'm looking forward to shooting it tomorrow to see how it compares to the one I rented. It sounds like the one you have doesn't suffer from all the issues I had with that gun. Since I'll have my Canik TP9 SF Elite tomorrow when we hit the range, it'll be nice to compare the two ;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    OK, where are you guys finding these damn things? I've already got one paid for at a LGS, and no sign of it...

I believe 88 said he got it at the Outdoorsman in Greenwood. They had a shipment of 13 guns. His gun was definitely nicer than the one I'd rented at Point Blank. Trigger was less gritty and the mag release worked a lot better.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yup, that's where I got mine. I think that you'll be quite happy with yours when it comes in. The slide release stiffness disappears quite quickly and it just gets better with each round through it.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    OK, where are you guys finding these damn things? I've already got one paid for at a LGS, and no sign of it...
    Ever since Naomi fired Mark, Bradis has gone into the sh*tter. I used to go there for a lot of different items but it's on a no-go list now.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have always liked the place. I usually spread my business around locally, and would hate to have to add any place to a "no" list other than Don's Guns.
    I feel ya. I've been going there since they opened in the 80's. I even bought a chainsaw from them! :rockwoot: But in recent times they have gone downhill. The owner Naomi has lost touch with her customers and is more concerned with other things than customer service. Ever look at their website? How many years were they an advertiser here and now are just a memory? I really hope your 10C is fantastic out of the box. I don't see them offering any type of assistance if it's not.
    I plan on looking at them at the 1500. If I find one that feels right I may pick it up.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Does Don's Guns still exist? I have not heard mention of them in a long time. Kind of hoping that they disappeared.

Last time I was driving by they looked open. At least there were cars that looked like they were drive-able out front.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just scored an FDE P-10 C earlier tonight from The Outdoorsman.

Much to Bradis' credit, they refunded my paid-in-full deposit for the P-10 C I had with them, even after I indicated I had found one at another shop.

I've always had good dealings with Bradis and for reasons like that, will continue to buy from them.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I just scored an FDE P-10 C earlier tonight from The Outdoorsman.

Much to Bradis' credit, they refunded my paid-in-full deposit for the P-10 C I had with them, even after I indicated I had found one at another shop.

I've always had good dealings with Bradis and for reasons like that, will continue to buy from them.

Congrats! You'll have to let us know what you think when you get it to the range ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the P10C. So far, I'm very happy with mine. It's lived up to the hype once it was shot a bit. The slide release will smooth up within a short amount of time as will the mag release. I'll probably pull mine apart and do a minor trigger polish to clean up that point where the trigger hits the wall, but it's pretty darn good as is right now. Did they say how many they had left?

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I scored one and an extra 2 mags with it �� so 4 mags total. I ran 200 rounds through it today and it's amazing. Very accurate and extremely fast follow up shots. Very flat shooting.

I'm extremely happy with it. Fits my hand great. Points incredibly and my trigger is damn nice. Mag release is sticky at first but mine is breaking in nicely. It's no different to me than a standard glock mag release as of now.

The one complaint is the slide stop. If you use that to to run the slide forward it's stiff to start with. I always sling shot so it doesn't bother me at all. I have noticed I. Just messing with it that it has significantly improved. It's a non issue to me either way.

The grip is awesome. Much like a nicely stipled glock. Not overly aggressive at all imo.

Trigger reset is closet I have felt to a glock. Audible and tactile. Very nice. All together much like a glock with an aftermarket expensive trigger. I like it a lot.

I relate this gun much more to a custom set up that is super tight and requires a break in with out any malfunctions.

And on to the obligatory picture ��

Last edited:
    Top Bottom