• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Was he pushing up on you until you hit the jeep?

Was there a part in your plan to reveal you had a gun before the drawstroke?

To be clear, the proof is in the pudding, I am just trying to learn stuff.

I saw him 10 yards out when he started his predator shuffle step to me (I saw him get out of the cab too when he was pretending to be waiting on someone). I withdrew around front of my Tacoma and then zigzagged until I found a Jeep (a van or F250 would do too) so I could reduce his speed and position him into an acceptable field of fire (if I would have stood my ground and shot him from retention I would have shooting toward the Walmart).

I know I turned my back on the threat but my choice was escape and I needed distance, if I did not withdraw I would have to shoot him from retention and it would have been a slippery di tan qin na shr demonstration.

Only way my gun was going to be revealed was during the drawstroke. It never came out. Never bluff with a gun.

Last edited:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    No shots fired. Everyone is OK.

Coming out of Wal-Mart with socks, underwear and pre-shave oil (Shave Secret). I saw him exit the cab and pretend to hang out in front of the Wal-Mart.

His eyes said pills, but his teeth said Meth. The smell was that sour, festering smell of indolence and mopery.

He waited until I throw my gear in the back of the truck (4 door Tacoma) and started the quick paced shuffle step of a predator at the water hole, hands with reverse grip of a knife or screwdriver. Saw him coming, I knew I could not outrun him, so I draw him into where I have training and I have chance, in close.

I zigzag through the cars and use a Jeep (he can't climb over this) as the bush. I put the Jeep between him and me and try to suck him into a position where I have a clear background as I know the Federal HSTs will punch right through him.

We start to play "round the Mulberry bush" when I order/ask, "can I help you?" I have my fence up and I have made the decision based on his reaction. I will not shoot him, he will force me to shoot him.

I am looking for a flanker, but see none. He puts away whatever he had. "I don't know anyone in this town." "Yeah, me neither."

As a man of a certain age. I do not carry my cell phone but a nice lady with Carroll County FFA plates took a photo of him.

I'll meet with the detectives in the morning.

It was 12:45PM. Sunday. Bright sunny day with lots of people around.

I was lucky. I had no kids to mind. I had no spouse to talk to me as I returned to my vehicle. I had my head up and I saw him coming.

I was wearing a Pacers T-shirt (yellow) and blue jeans. I would speculate that it was the color of my shirt. Dopers I have talked to lock into colors.

Head on a swivel, even if it is the middle gosh darn day.
    Glad to hear your OK! Not being sarcastic, but would the Federal HST really over penetrate? based on reviews they are also my ammo of choice.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Glad to hear your OK! Not being sarcastic, but would the Federal HST really over penetrate? based on reviews they are also my ammo of choice.

His build, likely. As well, as I was wargaming my shots, he likely would be angled and have his right arm extended with the knife so I would be drilling through a reduced thickness of medium.

Plus, I could drop a round. I wanted to ensure I complied with Rule #4 for my fellow shoppers.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You are correct. The one time I visited it was December - flat, cold, windy, and scrawny little trees. Never went back.

Had not thought of cabs as logistical support for criminals, just as potential crime scenes. My worldview is expanded.

Stay out of Louisiana then.

Yes, taxi cabs are criminal carriers. Talk to the detectives here on INGO about their experiences with cabs and crime.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I anticipate the county to come at me for that as well.

I will make the papers in a couple of months over the crap .gov has tried to pull in other cases. Plus I get to testify in front of the General Assembly over the crap they have pulled.

However, very unikely that Tweeker McMopey is part of their retaliation plan.
    .gov retaliation? Never (purple), I've been told on ingo that never happens

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    His build, likely. As well, as I was wargaming my shots, he likely would be angled and have his right arm extended with the knife so I would be drilling through a reduced thickness of medium.

Plus, I could drop a round. I wanted to ensure I complied with Rule #4 for my fellow shoppers.
    not stirring the pot but I am with you on the four rules.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I saw him 10 yards out when he started his predator shuffle step to me (I saw him get out of the cab too when he was pretending to be waiting on someone). I withdrew around front of my Tacoma and then zigzagged until I found a Jeep (a van or F250 would do too) so I could reduce his speed and position him into an acceptable field of fire (if I would have stood my ground and shot him from retention I would have shooting toward the Walmart).

I know I turned my back on the threat but my choice was escape and I needed distance, if I did not withdraw I would have to shoot him from retention and it would have been a slippery di tan qin na shr demonstration.

Only way my gun was going to be revealed was during the drawstroke. It never came out. Never bluff with a gun.

That all makes a lot of sense.
    10 yards is close, yikes. Good job not letting him tangle you up.
    Did he seem surprised when you reacted decisively instead of being passive?
    Is there any training that, upon reflection, strikes you as particularly beneficial in this situation?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That all makes a lot of sense.
    10 yards is close, yikes. Good job not letting him tangle you up.
    Did he seem surprised when you reacted decisively instead of being passive?
    Is there any training that, upon reflection, strikes you as particularly beneficial in this situation?

Yes, 10 yards was too close. I should have seen him earlier.

There was no surprise. He had done this before, no surprise, no fear. Predators merely move with the prey. Remember, all he saw was a middle aged guy with his left hand straight up and down in front of the old man's throat and his right hand on his waist.

I heard Louis Awerbuck's voice. I had numerous classes with him.

"Keeerrrrkkkk, get to cover. He haz a contact weapon. Get space. This is man-date-tree. Get space. Get your fence up. Background, background, background. Look at him as a 3-D x-ray. Pick your points to drill."

Meanwhile Clint Smith was yelling in the other ear, "watch your flanks. Wolves travel in packs. Where is the loose end. You better fix your problem, numbnuts."

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

There was no surprise. He had done this before, no surprise, no fear. Predators merely move with the prey. Remember, all he saw was a middle aged guy with his left hand straight up and down in front of the old man's throat and his right hand on his waist.

"Keeerrrrkkkk, get to cover. He haz a contact weapon. Get space. This is man-date-tree. Get space. Get your fence up. Background, background, background. Look at him as a 3-D x-ray. Pick your points to drill."

Meanwhile Clint Smith was yelling in the other ear, "watch your flanks. Wolves travel in packs. Where is the loose end. You better fix your problem, numbnuts."

It is good to have friends when you need them, even if they are only in your head.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

I need more training. Thanks for popsting. I am very glad you are able to give this AAR.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    glad to hear you are ok, kirk. people give me crap for always being on the lookout.
    they say to smile at every man you meet, and to also have a plan to kill them... did you smile at this poor excuse for a human being?

Top Bottom