• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes, 10 yards was too close. I should have seen him earlier.

There was no surprise. He had done this before, no surprise, no fear. Predators merely move with the prey. Remember, all he saw was a middle aged guy with his left hand straight up and down in front of the old man's throat and his right hand on his waist.

I heard Louis Awerbuck's voice. I had numerous classes with him.

"Keeerrrrkkkk, get to cover. He haz a contact weapon. Get space. This is man-date-tree. Get space. Get your fence up. Background, background, background. Look at him as a 3-D x-ray. Pick your points to drill."

Meanwhile Clint Smith was yelling in the other ear, "watch your flanks. Wolves travel in packs. Where is the loose end. You better fix your problem, numbnuts."

I was going to is it not funny how all of those voices pop up when the Adrenalin hits the rev limiter.
    Reality is....no, it is not funny at all.

I have some Wally World story's from running late night refrigeration service calls all across the state.
    It seems the un-dead crawl out of hiding at midnight at the local wally.

Glad you are OK my friend.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Though helpful, your story is lacking crucial information.
    West side, St Rd 26E, Veterans Memorial Parkway?

C'mon man, inquiring minds want to know...

Very glad you're o.k.
    This town isn't getting any smaller, or safer.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Makes me rethink the need for some sort of training. I've got great situational awareness, but I probably see myself just putting my hand on it much sooner than you did.

Almost think I need a diagram drawn up of the movements you made.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Yet another of the many reasons to not have your face buried in your cell phone and stay aware of your surroundings.
    I have a feeling that Mr. Meth-Mouth has no idea just how bad a day he was about to have if he hadn't made the decision that he eventually made.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    His build, likely. As well, as I was wargaming my shots, he likely would be angled and have his right arm extended with the knife so I would be drilling through a reduced thickness of medium.

Plus, I could drop a round. I wanted to ensure I complied with Rule #4 for my fellow shoppers.

4th rule? Pffft. Out of 3?

Smartassiness complete, glad to hear you ended well. You said he was in front of wm pretending to look for someone before he started the predator shuffle. I assume you mean the entrance? How far from the front of the store were you parked, and how far from your truck was the jeep? I'm trying to visualize how far he pursued you before withdrawing.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Glad you were on top of this. SA is really critical. Your post just reinforces that every time we leave the house we must be ready for anything.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    4th rule? Pffft. Out of 3?

Smartassiness complete, glad to hear you ended well. You said he was in front of wm pretending to look for someone before he started the predator shuffle. I assume you mean the entrance? How far from the front of the store were you parked, and how far from your truck was the jeep? I'm trying to visualize how far he pursued you before withdrawing.

I parked approx. 100-120 yards from the store entrance. I sit a lot, even with the martial arts training and the circuit/crossfit nonsense we do, I need the walk.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I parked approx. 100-120 yards from the store entrance. I sit a lot, even with the martial arts training and the circuit/crossfit nonsense we do, I need the walk.
    No need to explain the distance. I park way out too, but not because I need the exercise (I do) but because of door dinging bastards who park close enough that they can't possibly drag their fat asses out of the car without flinging their doors into mine. It's not that I'm all that averse to dings, but I'd rather that I put them there through my own use, and not by inconsiderate douches.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Kirk - glad everything worked out well. Thanks for sharing the details so we may all learn from it.

Have you had any additional thoughts about including a cell phone in your daily carry? Even though I'm a man of a certain age myself, I've taken to adding one to my EDC for lots of reasons (i.e. photo and audio recording capability, emergency comms, having the ability to report an incident in a timely manner, navigation aid, etc.).

Top Bottom