• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    Because she is getting paid a lot of money to fake it.

I am *so* biting my tongue right now. :)

Seriously, though, that was a really bad switch. I can understand their reasoning (if it's true), but the camera work was really crappy, then.

A show *aimed* at gun nuts (no pun intended) and they think no one would notice?

Tony

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bashing Sons of Guns is a regular thing now on INGO. And Im betting it will die down over the winter and start again with the new season, unless the network comes to its senses and cancels the show.

Will signed for 48 shows. Actually the Discovery Channel had that new building with the Range built for Will on their dime. Will's old shop was not even air conditioned.

I think there will be a third season. :n00b:

You betcha ..

~TK

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Will signed for 48 shows. Actually the Discovery Channel had that new building with the Range built for Will on their dime. Will's old shop was not even air conditioned.

You betcha ..

~TK

The range is just that tiny room.That must have been cheap for the network.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'd love to have a home built-in range bro!

~TK

I know, me too.But the thing they have is not really the kind of thing I wish I had.
    I dont know the dimensions of the room and it's hard to tell on TV but it looks like they are not even 15 feet away from the target.

No matter they can eat the bullseye with a 9mm Desert Eagle/Beretta.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Well, I do have this long-standing fantasy of a recessed-turret-mounted automated sentry gun at all my doors, that is activated when I turn on the security system inside... :D

Tony

Or one of these:D

phalanx_h.jpg

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I know, me too.But the thing they have is not really the kind of thing I wish I had.
    I dont know the dimensions of the room and it's hard to tell on TV but it looks like they are not even 15 feet away from the target.

No matter they can eat the bullseye with a 9mm Desert Eagle/Beretta.

95% ( or more ) of gun fights are 2'-12' away from the bad guy. So I say train that way.

~TK

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    95% ( or more ) of gun fights are 2'-12' away from the bad guy. So I say train that way.

~TK

I know.Im not talking about training.
    They build guns, they dont train for self defense.

How can you test if a gun is accurate in a 10 feet range? :dunno:

I guess they go to other ranges for that, if they ever test the accuracy of their guns.
    The range they have must be just to see if the gun shoots or not, and to fake shots for the show.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    This show is disgusting and I have refused to watch it since the fist episode. Top shot has gone way down hill too.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I don't see this show as being very different from most every other show on television today. It appears that they are targeted to the lowest level of intelligence and cater to mind-numbing entertainment. I have since sought other forms of entertainment whenever possible, like actually just talking to my wife, throwing football with my son, playing dolls with my daughter, reading a good book, etc. The majority of television is a waste of time away from my family that I will never get back and it's amazing what one can discover when they actually interact with people. Not saying I never watch it, but there are WAY better things to do than to watch this scripted brain-junk!
    PS - I'm going to go hug my family. :rockwoot:

phred

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Columbus
    I stopped watching after the "Silenced Saiga Shotgun" episode. Since when is 135db silenced? The 50 cal build was funny also. Ever heard of head space and timing?

Scott

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Anyone who believes that a Desert Eagle (in any caliber) has "serious recoil" has obviously never shot one. It's gas operated folks. It's a pretty heavy gun. Your grandmother could shoot it. I've used nail guns and powerwashers that kick worse than that pistol.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Anyone who believes that a Desert Eagle (in any caliber) has "serious recoil" has obviously never shot one. It's gas operated folks. It's a pretty heavy gun. Your grandmother could shoot it. I've used nail guns and powerwashers that kick worse than that pistol.

I never shot one and I never faked to have shot one on TV either, im not affraid to say it. :):

I just hear everywhere that this thing, especially in .50AE, is a beast.
    Maybe that's from people, like you said, who never shot it.
    Or maybe they dont know how to grip a pistol properly. :dunno:

So you are saying that I will feel more recoil, from the same caliber, if I shoot with a revolver than I would from a DE?

Top Bottom