• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Now I want cheesecake....with raspberry topping....
    Lasalle Grill, I’m not a cheesecake guy, but the people I was with said it was the best they had ever eaten? Buttermilk infused cheesecake I believe? I had bread pudding with bourbon sauce, and it was incredible! They say ALL their desserts are made in house, which is quite a feat if true!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Oh the joys of living above a downtown stoplight! Emergency Services loud and proud every five minutes, license plate and widow rattling bass constantly, and zombies walking about. It’s only been a few hours and I miss the suburbs already. Next trip up, the rifles and shotguns come!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Lasalle Grill, I’m not a cheesecake guy, but the people I was with said it was the best they had ever eaten? Buttermilk infused cheesecake I believe? I had bread pudding with bourbon sauce, and it was incredible! They say ALL their desserts are made in house, which is quite a feat if true!

I don't think I have had the cheesecake at LaSalle Grill, but the stuff at Papa Vino's is delicious!

I have a recipe somewhere for the bread pudding you describe. It is the only bread pudding I have ever had and liked.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    6 months off and on, that’s why we got an apartment in an “exclusive” (their words not mine) building. We used to stay at the Hampton in Grainger/waka, but since ND football starts next weekend, $500 a night on weekends and $100 during the week was a bit too spendy. Did have an EXCELLENT meal at the Lasalle Grill, along with tasty cocktails. But after the sun goes down, the dregs drag up to even the nice spots. Won’t even mention my trip to the Phillips 66 a block away!:biggun::smileak::shoot::shoot::shoot::ar15::ar15::ar15:NEVER again will I forget the to purchase Copenhagen before I get here!!!!
    The building is exclusive, the area is sadly not. With ND football most hotels in the area, and as far as Elkhart get pretty pricey pretty quickly.

If South Bend actually got it's act together instead of window dressing and changing the streets into a two way system it could be a nice spot. Every time I go to the Kodiak range I pass the gas station off Sample and there is usually a crowd of, I'm guessing, homeless from the nearby shelter. And that's during daylight hours.

The area does have plenty of good eating spots, just depends what you're aiming for.

When you get settled and in a routine I'd be down for a meet and eat. I think the last one I was at was about 2 years ago with Act, BigTanker, HoosierDood and Glueman (apologies for forgetting who else was there).

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I walked downtown South Bend at night, it was lovely. :dunno:

I also visited their library a bunch of times, also the Chocolate Café downtown.Lovely staff. :naughty:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I walked downtown South Bend at night, it was lovely. :dunno:

I also visited their library a bunch of times, also the Chocolate Café downtown.Lovely staff. :naughty:

Yeah, but you’re French, not Hoosier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    The building is exclusive, the area is sadly not. With ND football most hotels in the area, and as far as Elkhart get pretty pricey pretty quickly.

If South Bend actually got it's act together instead of window dressing and changing the streets into a two way system it could be a nice spot. Every time I go to the Kodiak range I pass the gas station off Sample and there is usually a crowd of, I'm guessing, homeless from the nearby shelter. And that's during daylight hours.

The area does have plenty of good eating spots, just depends what you're aiming for.

When you get settled and in a routine I'd be down for a meet and eat. I think the last one I was at was about 2 years ago with Act, BigTanker, HoosierDood and Glueman (apologies for forgetting who else was there).

A meet & eat in the S.B. area might be interesting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm here. What's all the fuss about?

I drove by the LaSalle this week and they were boarding up a front window. I just kept on going.

The Ireland rd area on the south east side of town is a decent part too.

I'm up for meeting you sometime. I can take you to a range I belong to. There is also a great IDPA/USPSA opportunity in Niles.

Last edited:

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Congrats.
    You have just discovered what 40+ years of the Democratic Party being in power will do to a city.
    I can tell you, we avoid downtown like the plague.
    It is nothing but a cesspool that keeps getting worse and worse.
    My first job was downtown and it was rough then, now it is just plain bad.
    Hope you find better accommodations.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm here. What's all the fuss about?

I drove by the LaSalle this week and they were boarding up a front window. I just kept on going.

The Ireland rd area on the south east side of town is a decent part too.

I'm up for meeting you sometime. I can take you to a range I belong to. There is also a great IDPA/USPSA opportunity in Niles.
    When I was signing for the apartment yesterday, the owner of the coffee shop was looking through surveillance video for the guys that broke that window. She found them, and passed it on to SBPD.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

I agree, the building and amenities are pretty good. The area, not so much. We were in a hurry, and took the last apartment in the building sight unseen. Hence the due diligence! The little bar downstairs is quite nice, Lasalle Grill, fantastic, and Monday I think I’m hitting the Exchange Whiskey bar. 400 Whisky/eys?:rockwoot:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Congrats.
    You have just discovered what 40+ years of the Democratic Party being in power will do to a city.
    I can tell you, we avoid downtown like the plague.
    It is nothing but a cesspool that keeps getting worse and worse.
    My first job was downtown and it was rough then, now it is just plain bad.
    Hope you find better accommodations.
    Funny, the non-Zombie downtowners spoke the same about Eddy Street/Norte Dame area, and Graing/awaka areas. Call me paranerd, but I’m serious when I say I’m going back with a rifle and extra mags.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom