• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Their are certain areas of South Bend that are very nice. The area around the County Fairgrounds is nice. And that's about it. Use to be the River Park areas was nice but no more. Rentals have taken over.
    That's why I live in Mishawaka.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    You should try the Shoals to Bedford bunch.
    Nothing quite like Indiana Trailer Park NAZIs

https://www.thedailybeast.com/matth...lodes-over-love-triangle-turned-trailer-brawl

The dumbest bunch of NAZIs anyone has ever seen 30 miles to the east, dumbest bunch of KKK/Skin Heads/White Supremests 30 miles to the South.
    An area where old school buses pass for both 'Mobile Homes' and 'Armored Transports', while they live on welfare checks but rant against the government...

It's entertaining to read the police report and talk to the local police! They tell stores that will make you wet yourself!
    Nothing like a NAZI tweeker calling police because his 'Baby Momma' won't fork over the meth pipe, and she's pregnant!

It's like trailer park Nirvana, cheap booze, meth, armpit deep in welfare 'baby mammas' with half dozen kids by 25, inbreeding/child molesting, lots of 'Harley' shirts but driving old import cars...

All I can think when I have to pass through is, "THIS is the 'master' race?"

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

https://www.thedailybeast.com/matth...lodes-over-love-triangle-turned-trailer-brawl

The dumbest bunch of NAZIs anyone has ever seen 30 miles to the east, dumbest bunch of KKK/Skin Heads/White Supremests 30 miles to the South.
    An area where old school buses pass for both 'Mobile Homes' and 'Armored Transports', while they live on welfare checks but rant against the government...

It's entertaining to read the police report and talk to the local police! They tell stores that will make you wet yourself!
    Nothing like a NAZI tweeker calling police because his 'Baby Momma' won't fork over the meth pipe, and she's pregnant!

It's like trailer park Nirvana, cheap booze, meth, armpit deep in welfare 'baby mammas' with half dozen kids by 25, inbreeding/child molesting, lots of 'Harley' shirts but driving old import cars...

Paoli? Thought this was about South Bend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

I will take your no account lazy white trash, and raise you Gangster Disciples, Latin Kings, and so forth. For a town of 100K to compete with, and overshadow the ENTIRE STATE’s crime rate, and make the top 50 in the NATION of worst places to live(there’s a LOT of places to live in America) makes your feeble attempt seem, well, feeble. TWO cities in Indiana made the top 50 ****holes, Shoals and Bedford(and the ENTIRE surrounding environs) weren’t even in the running. Gary and South Bend made the top (or bottom). Deflect all you’d like, it is what it is.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If a city isn’t producing dead bodies on a regular basis, don’t even pretend to be in the running people.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    South Bend, at least the downtown area, ain't that bad.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wanna live there. My wife has worked downtown for years. I remember going to lunch with her in the early 90s when it was a real dump.

Now at least there are lots of great restaurants/bars within an easy walk.

If you are in town for it, this is a BLAST...

Wednesday Beer Walk

The way they pair food with beer is really cool. You'll have a sip of beer and think, that may be the worst beer I ever tried. Then taste the dish they pair it with and suddenly, the beer is great.

Cinco 5 is a great place to try if you like Mexican/Asian food.

But the BEST place in town, IMHO, is the Crooked Ewe. Not somewhere you'd walk to, but a quick drive. They make a variety of beers which are pretty good, but their food is amazing. They have a huge smoker outside where they make pulled pork, brisket, sausage, even their own pastrami. The menu is weird, but there servers are great at answering any questions you can come up with.

Top Bottom