• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Police identify the suspect, any bets on "turning his life around"?

A police report says the suspect in this case is 28-year-old Jason Brown. He faces a preliminary charge of murder. Brown and a second person involved are in police custody in the hospital.

Police say the shooting occurred when Allan and a Homecroft officer responded to the scene of a crash near Maynard Drive and Madison Avenue on Thursday afternoon around 2:30 p.m. The driver crashed through a fence, and the car flipped over.
    As Allan approached the car to render aid, Brown allegedly started shooting at the officer, and Allan was hit multiple times. He was transported to Eskenazi Hospital where he later died from his injuries.

Police report: Suspect accused of fatally shooting Southport officer identified | Fox 59

Looking for a picture of said bad guy and coming up empty, anyone have a picture of this scum?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Very, very sad. Someone earlier mentioned public execution. Im all for it. Maybe it will help deter these heartless, Godless people who commit these sensless acts. Thoughts and prayers to all family and friends. To all Leos out there, try and stay safe

As much as I would love to see public executions return can you imagine the outcry from the softies.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm all for the death penalty provided it is coupled with a fair trial. I don't care if it is a deterrent, I don't care if some in our society don't like it and I don't believe it brings us down or makes us morally inferior. The thought that we can "out-intellectualize" bad things from happening is not working, our attempts at rehabilitating rather than punishing have failed in grand fashion.

Give them a fair trial, if found guilty put a dog collar and leash on them, walk them out of the courthouse on all fours like a dog, put a bullet in the back of their head and send the carcass off to a fertilizer factory. People who behave like this scumbag deserve no funeral, no respect and no remembrance. Once they're dead scratch their names from every public record, let history show they never existed at all. They're like cockroaches, you're never going to rid the earth of them so you simply deal with them as they surface and move on.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    The mayor did.

We hadn't been given the order to do it at work yet, but I personally lowered both of our flags this morning (third shifter) at 2:20 AM.

I think they were ordered flown half staff almost immediately after word of his passing.
    Thanks

B2071D18-24DB-433E-A164-79EC539EA67D_zps6ti3f6bz.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm all for the death penalty provided it is coupled with a fair trial. I don't care if it is a deterrent, I don't care if some in our society don't like it and I don't believe it brings us down or makes us morally inferior. The thought that we can "out-intellectualize" bad things from happening is not working, our attempts at rehabilitating rather than punishing have failed in grand fashion.

Give them a fair trial, if found guilty put a dog collar and leash on them, walk them out of the courthouse on all fours like a dog, put a bullet in the back of their head and send the carcass off to a fertilizer factory. People who behave like this scumbag deserve no funeral, no respect and no remembrance. Once they're dead scratch their names from every public record, let history show they never existed at all. They're like cockroaches, you're never going to rid the earth of them so you simply deal with them as they surface and move on.

And again I agree.
    The numbers to be dealt with are legion. It would be a small war. It needs to happen.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

We (the state) don't have the luxury of punishing people in the ways that we would think will cause the most suffering and degradation. It IS a morally inferior concept, regardless of how heinous the crime is. Convict the offender, and remove them from society in the most efficient way. The Constitution, specifically the 8th Amendment, if one chooses to recognize that particular instance of wisdom by the founders, covers this fairly well.

Kut (thinks, with the Constitution, you buy in to all, or none)

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    No, to public executions. The belief that such is a deterrent, is misguided. Criminals don't think "I better not do this, because if I get caught...." Criminals don't ever think they will be caught, hence why they do the crime. Our society doesn't need such morally draconian spectacles. We're above that. Find the pieces of trash, try them, and if convicted issue the highest punishment one can give, and be satisfied that they met justice.

I agree and diasgree. I agree that it won't be a deterrent. It won't be a deterrent because these are not people. They are animals. Rabid, foaming at the mouth animals. The only cure to that is a well placed bullet to the head. You can't cure this. You cant fix this. Removing them from society is the only fix.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We (the state) don't have the luxury of punishing people in the ways that we would think will cause the most suffering and degradation. It IS a morally inferior concept, regardless of how heinous the crime is. Convict the offender, and remove them from society in the most efficient way. The Constitution, specifically the 8th Amendment, if one chooses to recognize that particular instance of wisdom by the founders, covers this fairly well.

I agree but damn Kut......this crap is getting way out of hand.
    Emotions are high on this and many other LEO gun downs. The mind set of that segment of our society is fast on the decline with zero regard for life/law.
    Our revolving door legal system instills no fear in them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree and diasgree. I agree that it won't be a deterrent. It won't be a deterrent because these are not people. They are animals. Rabid, foaming at the mouth animals. The only cure to that is a well placed bullet to the head. You can't cure this. You cant fix this. Removing them from society is the only fix.

We're not disagreeing. I do have my issue with the death penalty (due to application) but in theory I would accept it. I just have an issue with making it a public spectacle.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree but damn Kut......this crap is getting way out of hand.
    Emotions are high on this and many other LEO gun downs. The mind set of that segment of our society is fast on the decline with zero regard for life/law.
    Our revolving door legal system instills no fear in them.

Our legal system needs an overhaul. If someone is convicted of something lock them up, and make them serve their time. ALL their time. If that requires more prisons to be built and more jailers hired, I'm more than willing to pay more in taxes. As of now, the revolving door you speak of, renders the "punishments" we hand out a joke, letting bad guys take more and more risks, until they commit something truly heinous. Stop that revolving door, and we might get a handle on this.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Sure is working out well, isn't it? One only needs to evaluate our extremely low recidivism rates and near non existent crime to see that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We're not disagreeing. I do have my issue with the death penalty (due to application) but in theory I would accept it. I just have an issue with making it a public spectacle.

As to it being Public I think we are all looking for major shock deterrents. Heck Kut, I would be all in for a lottery based firing squad approach.
    Willing citizens by Lotto at $50 a ticket. If your number is drawn you get to stand the line. Hell I would even bring my own gun/ammo for this. Think of the revenue it would generate. Think of the impact (not on the snowflakes...screw them) it would have on the criminal subculture.

In all of this if these POS are actually as mentally deficient as we think would it really stop anything.

Taking a life is serious business. Taking a worthless life.........:dunno:
    Still serious but damn it man what is to be done.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Our legal system needs an overhaul. If someone is convicted of something lock them up, and make them serve their time. ALL their time. If that requires more prisons to be built and more jailers hired, I'm more than willing to pay more in taxes. As of now, the revolving door you speak of, renders the "punishments" we hand out a joke, letting bad guys take more and more risks, until they commit something truly heinous. Stop that revolving door, and we might get a handle on this.

I swore you didn't think that way before. Not sure why.... but this has been what I've been saying for a long time. I think the 3 strikes rule is perfectly valid here. Everyone makes a mistake and deserves a second chance. Second time..... ok, I get it, hard habits and all. Third time? You're not fixable. You don't even want to at that point. Goodbye.

Maybe we can take a chapter out of england's history. Go buy an island, stuff these ****s on it, make sure no one leaves and call it a day.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I swore you didn't think that way before. Not sure why.... but this has been what I've been saying for a long time. I think the 3 strikes rule is perfectly valid here. Everyone makes a mistake and deserves a second chance. Second time..... ok, I get it, hard habits and all. Third time? You're not fixable. You don't even want to at that point. Goodbye.

Maybe we can take a chapter out of england's history. Go buy an island, stuff these ****s on it, make sure no one leaves and call it a day.

Was that Australia....???

Top Bottom