Spice outlawed in Indy and surrounding areas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Spice? What is Spice? According to the Hendricks County Flyer, it's a synthetic form of marijuana, but is not exactly the same. You still smoke it, but after that... :dunno: I don't know if you get high, what it's really made of, anything.

But what I want to know, why ban it? Where is it legal for towns to do so? If it's so bad for you and just like pot, why hasn't the government banned it? Where is it legal for THEM to do so?

I know most of you will never try it. Most of you have no reason to want to and I understand. However, I'd like to try it and see what it's all about. But now I can't because Plainfield has banned the sale, use, and/or possession of this stuff. Maybe they should outlaw smoking since I can't go to the bar and smoke anyway? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for the rant, but when I seen on the front page the Plainfield BANNED this "Spice", I just was like WTF.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It makes me wonder.... If you smoke this stuff, does it come up in a drug test? :dunno: I'd hate to try it and screw up a chance at a good job.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    wiki said:
    Safety

No official studies have been conducted on its effects on humans.[23] Though its effects are not well documented, extremely large doses may cause negative effects that are generally not noted in marijuana users, such as increased agitation and vomiting.[24] Professor John W. Huffman who first synthesised many of the cannabinoids used in synthetic cannabis is quoted as saying, "People who use it are idiots"[23] and that "It's like playing Russian roulette. You don't know what it's going to do to you."[25] A three gram package of Spice is said by one study, to have the same health effects on the lungs as a packet of cigarettes, although no conclusive evidence of this exists outside of the study.[6] A user who consumed 3 g of Spice Gold every day for several months showed withdrawal symptoms, similar to those associated with withdrawing from the use of narcotics. Doctors treating the user also noted that his use of the product showed signs associated with addiction.[26] One case has been reported where a user, who had previously suffered from cannabis induced recurrent psychotic episodes, suffered reactivation of their symptoms after using Spice. Psychiatrists treating him have suggested that the lack of an antipsychotic chemical, similar to cannabidiol found in natural cannabis, may make synthetic cannabis more likely to induce psychosis than natural cannabis.[27]

Ok, maybe I won't try it. At least pot is MUCH safer to smoke. I hope they legalize it. Probably won't happen though. :dunno: :rolleyes:

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I’m no expert but have had to deal with several patients who smoked this “Spice”.

From what I know, it appears to be marketed as an incense and someone figured out that if you smoked it like marijuana you would get a “high”. I believe this Spice substance contains a synthesized chemical similar to tetrahydrocannabinol ( THC ).

From the handful of patients I’ve treated, who have admitted to smoking Spice, none of them acted like they were high off of marijuana. They all were very hyper, aggressive, and suicidal.

Here in the Lafayette, West Lafayette, Tippecanoe county area, officials have passed ordinances making it a civil offense to possess and/or sell Spice

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I just received a flyer from John Barnes (D) which talks about Spice that comes sprayed as herbs with chemicals and label them as 'incense' and that any gas station and other stores across the country sell spice to anyone who comes in and asks for it - no matter how old.
    He wants to make a state wide ban on spice.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I’m no expert but have had to deal with several patients who smoked this “Spice”.

From what I know, it appears to be marketed as an incense and someone figured out that if you smoked it like marijuana you would get a “high”. I believe this Spice substance contains a synthesized chemical similar to tetrahydrocannabinol ( THC ).

From the handful of patients I’ve treated, who have admitted to smoking Spice, none of them acted like they were high off of marijuana. They all were very hyper, aggressive, and suicidal.

Here in the Lafayette, West Lafayette, Tippecanoe county area, officials have passed ordinances making it a civil offense to possess and/or sell Spice

I see.

Well, as an incense, it would be awesome. :): To smoke, meh, not so much. From what I've read about it that is.

But still. I don't see why they need to outlaw it. The military I understand, but states? I don't see their authority to do so. Would that be the 10th Amendment? :scratch: Either way.... It just bugs me to no end that they banned it. BANNED it.

Where's my shaking head smiley?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Not illegal in Plainfield, yet.
    Plainfieldofficials look to ban Spice » Local News » Hendricks County Flyer, Avon, IN

If folks want to stop .gov's intrusion, then they need to get to the council meetings and tell them. Otherwise, they'll keep banning stuff until there is nothing left.

Ah, I misread. I thought they said they already drew up the ordinance and had VOTED on it. Thanks for the correction.

I'd LOVE to go into that meeting and stand up and say no, but with my background they'd laugh me off. :xmad:

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I hear that the spice turns your eyes blue.

He who controls the spice, controls the universe.

If they outlaw the spice only criminals will be able to fold space.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Dont do it! you'll turn into this guy!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3d51rDt7SE]YouTube - SMOKING SPICE REVIEW DRAGON SPICE REVIEW SPICE[/ame]

or this guy!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9I6XyQJWPY&feature=related]YouTube - Dragon Spice Review[/ame]

dont be that guy!:D

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    dunecat.jpg

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    UGGGG i can't read anymore!!!! Spice/K2/white dragon are herbal mixes that have been mixed with JWH-018(a synthetic cannabanoid that fits into "thc receptors" in the brain) Yes you get high, no you cant flunk a drug test. People should do some research before posting "what they heard" on an online forum, it perpetuates ignorance. It is illegal in most indiana counties, and will be statewide shortly. Its already illegal in 7 or 8 other states. It was fun while it lasted :)

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010

"They all were very hyper, aggressive, and suicidal." -SOUNDS LIKE REEFER MADNESS! Baloney its almost exactly like pot.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I really have no interest in smoking this stuff myself, but why on God's green earth should I care what you do? A very small fraction of idiots have fried their brains with this stuff, so now it is banned? Who cares?

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    UGGGG i can't read anymore!!!! Spice/K2/white dragon are herbal mixes that have been mixed with JWH-018(a synthetic cannabanoid that fits into "thc receptors" in the brain) Yes you get high, no you cant flunk a drug test. People should do some research before posting "what they heard" on an online forum, it perpetuates ignorance. It is illegal in most indiana counties, and will be statewide shortly. Its already illegal in 7 or 8 other states. It was fun while it lasted :)

Thank you old wise one...we bow before your greatness and knowledge of all things no one could give two chits about.
    why anyone would want to put anything in there body that alters their mind{legal or not} is beyond me. how can turning yourself in a zombie be considered as fun?

Top Bottom