Spice outlawed in Indy and surrounding areas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    You say pot isn't addictive..have any unbiased test been done to prove this?
    I know alot of stoners..and to me they all seem addicted,its almost as if they can not make it through the day without getting high. when they are not high they are complete jerks,but when they are high they seem..umm I guess the word is "laid back":dunno: but still "out of it" like they cant function without it..but they cant really function with it...make sense?
    maybe marijuana isn't addictive but I wonder if people who smoke daily are actually addicted to the side effects?

I've been a musician for 25 years... It's been around and easily accessible that whole time. I gave it up about 10 years ago, myself. I quit drinking at the same time. I had to give up that stuff because my first kid was born. I realized I could never forgive myself if he had an accident or something, and I was too f***ed up to drive him to the hospital. So that was that. And over the years all of my friends quit, too.

But I know exactly what you're saying. You're referring to what most people call "potheads." Chronic smokers. Alcohol does the same kind of thing to people, when overdone. But the thing is... even if you're a chronic smoker, weed really isn't hard to quit. You don't need any 12 step programs; you don't need counseling; you don't go through any serious withdrawals. You don't need Bill W. to help you. A person just needs to make the decision to quit, and then it's not hard to do. You just quit. I still have all my old friends, but none of us smokes anymore. And none of us ever had a problem quitting.

The bottom line is... Everybody likes to have a good time. People spend their money on weed for the same reason people spend their money on beer; because that's what they like. It's not because they can't live without it. They just like it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You say pot isn't addictive..have any unbiased test been done to prove this?
    I know alot of stoners..and to me they all seem addicted,its almost as if they can not make it through the day without getting high. when they are not high they are complete jerks,but when they are high they seem..umm I guess the word is "laid back":dunno: but still "out of it" like they cant function without it..but they cant really function with it...make sense?
    maybe marijuana isn't addictive but I wonder if people who smoke daily are actually addicted to the side effects?

I just want to point out that I said "physically" addictive. I'll agree that's it's mentally addictive. However, those that smoke all day everyday are indulging in gluttony. On a large scale. :dunno:

Personally, I don't see what the attraction is to a "high".... is it just that you've been told you can't so now you want to? Is your (anyone, not just specifically you, Ryan) life so empty and meaningless that you have to look for a chemical to provide an illusory change to that, however short-lived and no matter the physical cost to you? I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm trying to understand why someone would want to put things in their body that they don't need, solely to provide a temporary illusion. It should be legal to do it, because doing stupid things should hurt, but it shouldn't be unlawful.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

You make very good points. I don't disagree at all. But on the quoted part above I think I can answer some of those questions. It's like someone who drinks, not to get drunk, but to get a good buzz, relax, and have fun. Same thing with weed. I smoked it not because I wanted to escape reality (that would be LSD. :):), not because my life was empty or depressing, not because it's illegal and I can. I smoked because it was fun. No horrible after-effects like alcohol. I could remember what I did afterward. I was still in control of my actions with a clear conscience. I had a heightened alertness, but seldom did I have paranoia. Unless I was smoking what we referred to as "The Stress", which was pretty much mexican dirt weed.

Weed gave me a safe high and a way to relax. Have I tried other drugs? Sure. Once. I tried coke once. Helluva high, but not worth the money or addiction. Tried meth once against my knowledge. I was pissed and hated the high. I tried LSD more than once, but decided the risks weren't worth the benefits. I never saw dancing skeletons, but I did watch walls melt. :eek: I never tried much else though. Never did X. Never did heroin. Never really did shrooms. The thought of eating something that grew in cow crap wasn't appealing. :):

Weed is a choice in life everyone one day makes. I was already smoking Marlboros stolen from my dad so I figured I would try it. Back then I could drink a 5th of Jack just fine. Shortly after I pretty much quit drinking for smoking. Then I got caught with it. Now I can't afford that kind of trouble as I can't even find a decent job because of my mistakes. :facepalm:

I had to give up that stuff because my first kid was born. I realized I could never forgive myself if he had an accident or something, and I was too f***ed up to drive him to the hospital. So that was that.

:+1:

I gave it up after my daughter was born, but not completely. When my son was born, I put it away completely. I can't afford the trouble it would surely bring. That was 5-6 years ago.

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    No one would have even known what these spices do if they didn't have them in the headlines TELLING people how to get high. Sales probably went through the roof after this kind of free ad courtesy of the Counties outlawing it. Just Sayin'

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I just want to point out that I said "physically" addictive. I'll agree that's it's mentally addictive. However, those that smoke all day everyday are indulging in gluttony. On a large scale. :dunno:

You make very good points. I don't disagree at all. But on the quoted part above I think I can answer some of those questions. It's like someone who drinks, not to get drunk, but to get a good buzz, relax, and have fun. Same thing with weed. I smoked it not because I wanted to escape reality (that would be LSD. :):), not because my life was empty or depressing, not because it's illegal and I can. I smoked because it was fun. No horrible after-effects like alcohol. I could remember what I did afterward. I was still in control of my actions with a clear conscience. I had a heightened alertness, but seldom did I have paranoia. Unless I was smoking what we referred to as "The Stress", which was pretty much mexican dirt weed.

Weed gave me a safe high and a way to relax. Have I tried other drugs? Sure. Once. I tried coke once. Helluva high, but not worth the money or addiction. Tried meth once against my knowledge. I was pissed and hated the high. I tried LSD more than once, but decided the risks weren't worth the benefits. I never saw dancing skeletons, but I did watch walls melt. :eek: I never tried much else though. Never did X. Never did heroin. Never really did shrooms. The thought of eating something that grew in cow crap wasn't appealing. :):

Weed is a choice in life everyone one day makes. I was already smoking Marlboros stolen from my dad so I figured I would try it. Back then I could drink a 5th of Jack just fine. Shortly after I pretty much quit drinking for smoking. Then I got caught with it. Now I can't afford that kind of trouble as I can't even find a decent job because of my mistakes. :facepalm:

:+1:

I gave it up after my daughter was born, but not completely. When my son was born, I put it away completely. I can't afford the trouble it would surely bring. That was 5-6 years ago.

Thanks for your answer. Good for you on stopping.

Blessings,
    Bill

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    To tell you the truth.....I smoked it before. It was flippin hilarious, kinda like the first time you smoked grass in high school, but you don't feel out of control. I dug it, but it's 35 bucks for 3 grams. The best bet, and I have tried this as well, is burn it like incense and just carry on like normal. It's super relaxing and doesn't smell funny. I won't smoke it again, though. The guys in my band are the one's that brought it over, and they stopped due to someone the singer knows smoking it and having his legs temporarily paralyzed. I think he smoked a ton of th crap, or maybe not. Either way, I'm cool with my legs working at all times.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm so glad the local busy-bodies found something else to arrest non-violent people for.

prohibition-image.jpg

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    So here we are on a gun owners website reading about people bragging about their illegal drug use!!:rolleyes: And this is the kind of people out and about carrying weapons and such. Just great.

Talking to a druggie is like talking to a tree IMO. Pretty much a waste of time. Good lord what is this world coming to?

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    So here we are on a gun owners website reading about people bragging about their illegal drug use!!:rolleyes: And this is the kind of people out and about carrying weapons and such. Just great.

Talking to a druggie is like talking to a tree IMO. Pretty much a waste of time. Good lord what is this world coming to?

troll much?:rolleyes:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    What's the practical difference between illegal drug use and legal drug use?

I for one would rather see kids smoking pot, then huffing paint, nitrous, gasoline, etc. or choking themselves to death for a hypoxic high.

The only thing banning substance does is push people towards more dangerous substances for the same effect.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

I for one would rather see kids smoking pot, then huffing paint, nitrous, gasoline, etc. or choking themselves to death for a hypoxic high.

The only thing banning substance does is push people towards more dangerous substances for the same effect.

Umm all things you listed are in fact illegal. It has been my experience that MOST people want to do the right thing. They make a concerted effort to not break the law just because it is the law.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    One puts you in jail?

Possession of more than a few grams of pot is a felony in Indiana. Possession of about anything else is a felony. Are you willing to give up your LTCH and guns for a high?

Now, I'm all for cutting WAY back on the criminalization of "drugs". But in the meantime.....

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Don't you just wish you could reach through your screen and arrest him? Save us from those people and their pot plants! K thanks

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Illegal drug use.... Hmm.. I have a record for pot possession which anyone with an IQ of 10 can look up. So yea, I don't mind admitting I used to smoke like a BBQ pit. I also don't mind stating that if it were legal I'd smoke it again.

If for some reason my past pot use, and present carrying of a gun upsets you, how do you feel about people who drink occasionally and carry a gun? What about those people who use Nyquil? Hydrocodone? Percocet? Antibiotics? A myrid of other prescription drugs that have mind altering effects or stay in the body long after the effects wear off?

Maybe we should ban anyone taking any kind of drug, legal, illegal, or otherwise from carrying a gun? Maybe we should bar ADD/ADHD people from carrying a gun? Heck, maybe if there's anyone not like you they shouldn't carry a gun?

Misc-Rolleyes.jpg

Don't you just wish you could reach through your screen and arrest him? Save us from those people and their pot plants! K thanks

Here! Here! Here I am! Put the cyber-cuffs on me and take me to E-Jail! I have no business carrying a firearm OR a keyboard! :runaway:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

Umm all things you listed are in fact illegal. It has been my experience that MOST people want to do the right thing. They make a concerted effort to not break the law just because it is the law.

When did Indiana ban paint? I had no idea. Did Indiana ban poop as well, because you can also get high off of that, apparently. :puke:

If the law is wrong, I strongly recommend you do not follow it, because people will set it right one day. People who blindly follow stupid laws lead to White Only bathrooms, women without rights, and Nazi Germany. While that may be your dreamland, j706, it isn't what the rest of us are looking to turn American into. Take your anti-freedom agenda and feel free to shove it into your Tory mouth.

Top Bottom