Spice outlawed in Indy and surrounding areas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    polls_DuneCat_4849_938866_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    But what I want to know, why ban it?

If it's so bad for you and just like pot, why hasn't the government banned it?

Two young men employed at the dealerships I call on have died so far this year, allegedly because of this stuff.

In both cases, it was claimed they had something resembling a heart attack because of the stuff.

With that said, I contacted a family member who runs the drug section of a metro crime lab.

Paraphrasing my understanding of what I was told:

One variation, pay particular attention to the Toxicity section.

JWH-018 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Apparently, there is no standard for how much of this "product" you are receiving in the quantity of "incense" the purchaser gets.

Thus, the "user" may use the same amount they used last time to get the desired result - and wildly overdose on the next "batch" they pick up.

Many crime labs don't have the testing "standard" to test the various substances against - and even if they did, if it isn't illegal who are they going to prosecute with it?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I’m no expert but have had to deal with several patients who smoked this “Spice”.

From what I know, it appears to be marketed as an incense and someone figured out that if you smoked it like marijuana you would get a “high”. I believe this Spice substance contains a synthesized chemical similar to tetrahydrocannabinol ( THC ).

From the handful of patients I’ve treated, who have admitted to smoking Spice, none of them acted like they were high off of marijuana. They all were very hyper, aggressive, and suicidal.

Here in the Lafayette, West Lafayette, Tippecanoe county area, officials have passed ordinances making it a civil offense to possess and/or sell Spice

Damn, where do I sign up?:laugh:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Thank you old wise one...we bow before your greatness and knowledge of all things no one could give two chits about.
    why anyone would want to put anything in there body that alters their mind{legal or not} is beyond me. how can turning yourself in a zombie be considered as fun?

Shooting firearms alters my mindset, should we ban that as well? How about orgasms?

You better toss out any Tylenol or aspirin you've got. You wouldn't want to "put something in your body" to alter your pain.

Still beyond you yet?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    "They all were very hyper, aggressive, and suicidal." -SOUNDS LIKE REEFER MADNESS! Baloney its almost exactly like pot.

Two young men employed at the dealerships I call on have died so far this year, allegedly because of this stuff.

In both cases, it was claimed they had something resembling a heart attack because of the stuff.

With that said, I contacted a family member who runs the drug section of a metro crime lab.

Paraphrasing my understanding of what I was told:

One variation, pay particular attention to the Toxicity section.

JWH-018 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Apparently, there is no standard for how much of this "product" you are receiving in the quantity of "incense" the purchaser gets.

Thus, the "user" may use the same amount they used last time to get the desired result - and wildly overdose on the next "batch" they pick up.

Many crime labs don't have the testing "standard" to test the various substances against - and even if they did, if it isn't illegal who are they going to prosecute with it?

Very interesting to know. I bet if they were real pot heads they tried to smoke too much at once of this. That's the beauty of weed. The only way to overdose on pot is to smoke a full pound in one sitting. Back to back to back blunts. No puff puff give. And I can tell you that's just not possible.

I've said it since the first time I actually researched weed on my own. The reason that pot isn't bad for you is because it's the one drug on the black market that is largely not tampered with. It's completely from nature. It seems that man-made drugs like coke, crack, meth, etc will kill you in an instant, but pot will not. :dunno:

Maybe the mods will help protect us from it and not allow us to discuss it further.:rolleyes:

I knew it was coming and I knew it would be you. :D

Shooting firearms alters my mindset, should we ban that as well? How about orgasms?

You better toss out any Tylenol or aspirin you've got. You wouldn't want to "put something in your body" to alter your pain.

Still beyond you yet?

Whoa. Ban orgasms? You mean live like they did in "Demolition Man"? I don't think so. Some would die over that one. :):

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN

Still beyond you yet?

Oh yeah! get rid of all that ****!
    when did I say anything should be banned? I could care less what people wanna put in their bodies..if you wanna inject heroin into you nut sack or do daily meth enemas then I say more power to ya!
    and yes its still beyond me..how can you compare shooting a gun or having an orgasm or taking an aspirin or tylenol to something like smoking pot or doing some sort of hardcore drug?
    like I said I dont give a crap what you or anyone else wants to do. all I said is doing that stuff is beyond me...

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Whoa. Ban orgasms? You mean live like they did in "Demolition Man"? I don't think so. Some would die over that one. :):

No, no, no. I'm all for orgasms. I'm all for marijuana too. Mix them together for some real fun. ;)

This synthetic stuff is scary to me, and it is our legislatures fault. If they hadn't banned marijuana people wouldn't be trying to smoke incense to get high. Just drop the bans, the people will do what the people want.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Oh yeah! get rid of all that ****!
    when did I say anything should be banned? I could care less what people wanna put in their bodies..if you wanna inject heroin into you nut sack or do daily meth enemas then I say more power to ya!
    and yes its still beyond me..how can you compare shooting a gun or having an orgasm or taking an aspirin or tylenol to something like smoking pot or doing some sort of hardcore drug?
    like I said I dont give a crap what you or anyone else wants to do. all I said is doing that stuff is beyond me...

Using the exact same insane method you use to compare marijuana to heroin. :yesway:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    No, no, no. I'm all for orgasms. I'm all for marijuana too. Mix them together for some real fun. ;)

This synthetic stuff is scary to me, and it is our legislatures fault. If they hadn't banned marijuana people wouldn't be trying to smoke incense to get high. Just drop the bans, the people will do what the people want.

And the more and more I've read about this stuff, I have to agree. But don't ban it. Just EDUCATE people about it. See, that's the problem. The p****fication of America has taken our overall IQ and dropped it like 100 points. :n00b:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So mary jane has never killed anyone and it's an illegal drug in indiana.(?!?)

This 'spice' is smoked by little degenerates that will more than likely be big time losers that contribute nothing to the betterment of society.

So legalize them both. I really have no problem with kids or adults killing themselves in the process of looking for escapism. Mortician stimulus program.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Using the exact same insane method you use to compare marijuana to heroin. :yesway:

I never compared marijuana to heroin....atleast I didnt mean to.:dunno: I said OR doing some sort of hardcore drug.
    I'm not trying to bash you in anyway..so I hope you dont see it as that. maybe Im just ignorant when it comes to drugs,so please explain to me how marijuana is "safe" for the user{yes I know you never said it was safe..but the tone of this thread makes me think that pot is safe}..doesnt it alter ones mind set in a more extreme manner than "drugs" such as tylenol?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I never compared marijuana to heroin....atleast I didnt mean to.:dunno: I said OR doing some sort of hardcore drug.
    I'm not trying to bash you in anyway..so I hope you dont see it as that. maybe Im just ignorant when it comes to drugs,so please explain to me how marijuana is "safe" for the user{yes I know you never said it was safe..but the tone of this thread makes me think that pot is safe}..doesnt it alter ones mind set in a more extreme manner than "drugs" such as tylenol?

While pot is a fairly safe drug, the rule of "Only in moderation" applies here. If you smoke all day everyday, you're going to lose short term memory. :): Trust me. But overall, it's no more harmful than sitting in rush hour traffic on your way to work. (I know, I know, this doesn't really apply to you since you don't have far to drive.)

It's even better than tylenol because taking that "dumbs down" your immune system making it reliant on such. Marijuana is NOT physically addictive. If it was, I would have went through serious! withdraws when I quit. Sure I craved it, and sure I gave in once or twice. But I did quit practically cold turkey and have been clean for years. Would I smoke again, well, uh, :laugh: Figure it out. :D But I'll wait for legalization first. I can't afford another stint in County. :dunno:

Yes, it alters your mindset. But not as bad as beer and you don't wake up with a migraine and a hang over. And as long as you don't drink and smoke, you won't be puking. Of course, everyone's reactions are different and I respect all those that choose to or not to smoke. Just respect my choice to do so and legalize it so I can.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    While pot is a fairly safe drug, the rule of "Only in moderation" applies here. If you smoke all day everyday, you're going to lose short term memory. :): Trust me. But overall, it's no more harmful than sitting in rush hour traffic on your way to work. (I know, I know, this doesn't really apply to you since you don't have far to drive.)

It's even better than tylenol because taking that "dumbs down" your immune system making it reliant on such. Marijuana is NOT physically addictive. If it was, I would have went through serious! withdraws when I quit. Sure I craved it, and sure I gave in once or twice. But I did quit practically cold turkey and have been clean for years. Would I smoke again, well, uh, :laugh: Figure it out. :D But I'll wait for legalization first. I can't afford another stint in County. :dunno:

Yes, it alters your mindset. But not as bad as beer and you don't wake up with a migraine and a hang over. And as long as you don't drink and smoke, you won't be puking. Of course, everyone's reactions are different and I respect all those that choose to or not to smoke. Just respect my choice to do so and legalize it so I can.

You say pot isn't addictive..have any unbiased test been done to prove this?
    I know alot of stoners..and to me they all seem addicted,its almost as if they can not make it through the day without getting high. when they are not high they are complete jerks,but when they are high they seem..umm I guess the word is "laid back":dunno: but still "out of it" like they cant function without it..but they cant really function with it...make sense?
    maybe marijuana isn't addictive but I wonder if people who smoke daily are actually addicted to the side effects?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Spice? What is Spice? According to the Hendricks County Flyer, it's a synthetic form of marijuana, but is not exactly the same. You still smoke it, but after that... :dunno: I don't know if you get high, what it's really made of, anything.

But what I want to know, why ban it? Where is it legal for towns to do so? If it's so bad for you and just like pot, why hasn't the government banned it? Where is it legal for THEM to do so?

I know most of you will never try it. Most of you have no reason to want to and I understand. However, I'd like to try it and see what it's all about. But now I can't because Plainfield has banned the sale, use, and/or possession of this stuff. Maybe they should outlaw smoking since I can't go to the bar and smoke anyway? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for the rant, but when I seen on the front page the Plainfield BANNED this "Spice", I just was like WTF.

Where is it legal for them to ban this? Simple. The local government's job is to pass ordinances as they find a need for them. Why? Because people are using this as they would pot if it was legal and screwing themselves up, and like iamaclone45, I've heard nothing good about this stuff. I've not had any patients on it, though, so I can't speak from any form of experience with it. Kedie made the point I was going to, though, that if pot was legal, no one would waste their time with this.

I don't think smoking it is a good idea. I don't think it's smart to put crap like this in your body, but then, I avoid meds unless there's a da*n good reason to take them, like decongestants and antihistamines when I need to breathe, and yes, I rolled my eyes and shook my head when I saw that I'd have to start signing for my Sudafed when I buy it once a year.

If, however, you, an adult individual, choose to act stupidly and risk your health and life in pursuit of some chemical "high", that's your business and yours alone, as far as I'm concerned. Personally, I don't see what the attraction is to a "high".... is it just that you've been told you can't so now you want to? Is your (anyone, not just specifically you, Ryan) life so empty and meaningless that you have to look for a chemical to provide an illusory change to that, however short-lived and no matter the physical cost to you? I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm trying to understand why someone would want to put things in their body that they don't need, solely to provide a temporary illusion. It should be legal to do it, because doing stupid things should hurt, but it shouldn't be unlawful.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I don't see what the attraction is to a "high".... is it just that you've been told you can't so now you want to? Is your (anyone, not just specifically you, Ryan) life so empty and meaningless that you have to look for a chemical to provide an illusory change to that, however short-lived and no matter the physical cost to you? I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm trying to understand why someone would want to put things in their body that they don't need, solely to provide a temporary illusion. It should be legal to do it, because doing stupid things should hurt, but it shouldn't be unlawful.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

I don't see the point of a lot of things. I don't understand why people pay $250,000 for a car they can't legally drive faster than 65 when it goes 200. I don't understand why people pay $3,000.00 for a custom 1911 they sit in a safe and never shoot. I don't understand why people pay $500.00 for a purse or $30.00 for a pair of designer underwear. I don't understand why people spend their money on most things. Is their life meaningless or empty because they like to spend money? Who are we to judge what others do with their money and bodies?

Sometimes when you don't have anything to do or anywhere to go, it's fun to light up and watch The Twilight Zone (60s version, not the remakes) on DVD and just relax and have a little fun. Some people light up, some people drink up, some people spend up. That is my take on it.

Top Bottom