Spice outlawed in Indy and surrounding areas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Oh my!! Guess I touched a nerve. Some people do things that they regret later in life. I don't think anyone has a problem with a person who "used to" do something illegal but realized the error of their ways. I think they call that growing up.

I do think illegal drug and excessive alcohol use (Or Both at once) is not to smart while armed. Also a good way to get a license to carry pulled. But to each his own.

I am not to gung ho on the busting pot heads with user amounts. But a person with a weapon, permit and dope is going for the ride. Like it,agree with it or not..it don't matter to me.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Don't you just wish you could reach through your screen and arrest him? Save us from those people and their pot plants! K thanks

Nope I wish I could reach through the screen and knock some sense into whats left of their foggy brain.:):

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    When did Indiana ban paint? I had no idea. Did Indiana ban poop as well, because you can also get high off of that, apparently. :puke:

If the law is wrong, I strongly recommend you do not follow it, because people will set it right one day. People who blindly follow stupid laws lead to White Only bathrooms, women without rights, and Nazi Germany. While that may be your dreamland, j706, it isn't what the rest of us are looking to turn American into. Take your anti-freedom agenda and feel free to shove it into your Tory mouth.

Indiana banned "huffing" a few years ago. I can find the IC if we need it.

I agree with your sentiment, but not your course of action. If you don't agree with a law, then LOBBY TO CHANGE IT. Blatant disregard simply makes you a lawbreaker, and potentially a felon, and it is hard to "win" from that position.

Handgun registration didn't end in Indiana because people broke that law. It ended because we convinced our elected officials to end it. The speed limit in my little town didn't change because people were speeding, but because folks lobbied the Town Council to change it.

In the example above, women didn't get the "right to vote" because they voted illegally, but because we all worked to change that law.

Rather than thumb your nose at something you don't agree with, why don't you find other folks that feel the same way, and see if there is enough support to make a change? I know it is harder than complaining on the Internet, but it might work!

(BTW: the "you" in all of this is a generic term. I'm not pointing at anyone in particular :draw:)

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    One puts you in jail?

Possession of more than a few grams of pot is a felony in Indiana. Possession of about anything else is a felony. Are you willing to give up your LTCH and guns for a high?

Now, I'm all for cutting WAY back on the criminalization of "drugs". But in the meantime.....

And I believe possession with a prior conviction is also a felony.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Nope I wish I could reach through the screen and knock some sense into whats left of their foggy brain.:):

I know how you feel. Facts and figures go no where with ignorant "foggy brained" people. They cling to their old "Reefer Madness" movies and believe that marijuana will KILL you if you take one hit, or turn you into a crazy person and/or thoughtless zombie. :rolleyes:

Indiana banned "huffing" a few years ago. I can find the IC if we need it.

I agree with your sentiment, but not your course of action. If you don't agree with a law, then LOBBY TO CHANGE IT. Blatant disregard simply makes you a lawbreaker, and potentially a felon, and it is hard to "win" from that position.

But I'm saying that you can't ban huffing if you haven't banned paint. It's like banning reading, but not books. If people want to do it, and they have easy access to it, they will do it. Those are the ways of human beings with free will.

I don't mind being a "law breaker" if that law goes against our Constitution. People who enforce those laws are traitors in my eyes. We keep can playing their slow game of - They pass whatever law they want, enforce it, throw us all in jail, then we spend the next 20 years trying to get it repealed for fear that if we just break the law we'll become "felons :(". Our founders had the right idea. Petition, petition, petition, and when it gets you no where, try something else. Our founders were all threatened with being branded not only felons, but traitors, who would be hanged if they continued with their "treason". Funny how the evil people ALWAYS threaten to use force against those simply wanting freedom. If you want to know if you're on the good side or the bad side, ask yourself if you support locking people up who don't harm anyone.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I iz knot in favor of banning huff painting................... :noway:

paint-huffer-costume.jpg

We has more impotent tings to worry about. :noway:

Praetorian13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Northern, Indiana
    I know how you feel. Facts and figures go no where with ignorant "foggy brained" people. They cling to their old "Reefer Madness" movies and believe that marijuana will KILL you if you take one hit, or turn you into a crazy person and/or thoughtless zombie. :rolleyes:

It is pretty sad too that people like to lump all pot smokers into one bad group. There are plenty of people in the world that just like to smoke and are not drug dealers or "stoners". Saying that pot is bad is like saying drinking is bad because of prohibition. With prohibition people were still drinking illegally and were treated almost the same as pot smokers. I think pot has the same future as alcohol during prohibition with no major problems when it is legalized.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    face_powder_image4.jpg

Did the French invent spray paint? Don't these powdered face freaks all look like huffers, now that you think about it?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

LashicoN seemed to be directing his sentiments toward enforcers. If a law is obviously unconstitutional and wrong, then look away. Selective enforcement happens all the time. Cops defer a speeding ticket and give out a seatbelt ticket, or watch a jaywalker cross without arresting him. And so they should.

Wise up. Don't enforce Jim Crowe laws. Don't confiscate citizens' property. Don't put Americans in internment camps. Don't take their weapons.

We have to change the hearts and minds of the Government enforcers. The constitution is to be upheld by all 3 branches of government. The executive branch is not exempt from abiding by it.

In the example above, women didn't get the "right to vote" because they voted illegally, but because we all worked to change that law.

Blacks didn't get tyrannical laws overturned because they sat at the back of the bus.

I am not to gung ho on the busting pot heads with user amounts. But a person with a weapon, permit and dope is going for the ride. Like it,agree with it or not..it don't matter to me.

So you give people a break because the law is obviously ridiculous, but permit holders receive no mercy? Say what? This is supposed to be a pro-gun website!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So you give people a break because the law is obviously ridiculous, but permit holders receive no mercy? Say what? This is supposed to be a pro-gun website!

Apparently it's a case of "I'll enforce the law as I see fit.". :dunno:

Top Bottom