SPRING OPEN INGO SHOOT May 12th @ProTEQ in Brazil!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The wife and I had a blast getting on the rimfire range. Getting to put lead on steel changed her opinion of having a semi-auto 22, her preference has been bolt actions. Allen let me run a magazine through his comped 2011, which was fantastic. That definitely sparked an interest.

Overall it it was a great day at the range!

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Great day! Awesome people, cool guns, and some really good hot dogs.
    Thank you Don and Stephen for sharing your range, and especially your time with us.

KJQ I wish they had name tags I would have known who was who. That's me and my son in the last picture Hop posted.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    A few pics.

somebody got a new Garand

2FE4FAEA-B4D4-4FF4-96F4-EEAF80EA1848_zpsg0ni324p.jpg

8273E19D-9D79-4CBC-8903-CBC091A9F78C_zpsbupheabn.png

DCB80820-F187-4688-8AED-796876A3BB67_zpsjpohezn3.jpg

A8F85550-9058-46EE-97D3-DFA5BA7E40C4_zpspdrke9lq.png

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    KJQ I wish they had name tags I would have known who was who. That's me and my son in the last picture Hop posted.
    I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to meet you. It was on my list, but you know what happens to lists when there is gunpowder in the air. :laugh:
    The last two pics, my son is on the MK12, then me on the bad ass HK 21. Thanks again Beowulf, that thing is awesome!

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Thanks to Don and Stephen for allowing us out there. I wish I had been more personable while out there. I was feeling queasy all day. Thank you to our food vendors for bringing out food for us as well.

It was cool hearing about the changes Don is making to the range. I look forward to seeing those happen. It was also very cool to see the various guns that people brought out as well.

CameraMonkey and I are members and are talking about setting up a date next month (June) for us to go out again. I enjoy shooting at Proteq, the travel time is a bit of pain, but since CM and I go together most of the time, I find the travel enjoyable. I look forward to the fall one.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    If anybody is good at posting videos, pm me a number and I'll text them to you. Technology is not my strong suit. :D

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to meet you. It was on my list, but you know what happens to lists when there is gunpowder in the air. :laugh:
    The last two pics, my son is on the MK12, then me on the bad ass HK 21. Thanks again Beowulf, that thing is awesome!

Always next time and yes I do know what happens when the gun power is in the air and we had a lot of it today. My son got to shot the HK 21 that produced a huge smile. It is a very cool gun.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Always next time and yes I do know what happens when the gun power is in the air and we had a lot of it today. My son got to shot the HK 21 that produced a huge smile. It is a very cool gun.
    I'm glad you and the son made it and had fun. Our time is limited, but the memories from a day like today, will out live us.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    For the fall, we will have to do some competitions for fun. Like a rimfire dueling tree, bowling pin metal targets, etc. I know there is firearms timers for phones if no one has one.
    I always have a timer in my bag. If I'm there Y'all are welcome to use it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    When you come back in the fall, I want to try the garand, I've never shot one.

DUUUUUDE! You should have said something! Its a hoot to shoot and you were welcome to give her a run. NOTHING like that ping. Beware, they are addictive. You'll want one.

Now I'm looking into having it parkerized and recrowned, or possibly having the barrel replaced. While not awful accuracy, it could be better. (so could I)

Its my new favorite rifle.

Would it be distasteful to name her Charlene? :):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Knowing some history like I do with you, I am going to need an offline explanation at some point.

Oh yeah......so are we.....:cool:

LOL. I dated a crazy chick named Charlene. That's where Haven's confusion comes from. (unrelated, actually)

I was actually referring to "Private Pyle". No relation to the late, great Jim Nabors' character.

Dammit, now I gotta go watch the first 30 minutes of Full Metal Jacket again. (Thats a hint for those of you playing the home game...)

EDIT: as I watch, I recall that they had switched to M14s by the time the movie was filmed.

Now I need a M1A LOL.

Last edited:

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    LOL. I dated a crazy chick named Charlene. That's where Haven's confusion comes from. (unrelated, actually)

I was actually referring to "Private Pyle". No relation to the late, great Jim Nabors' character.

Dammit, now I gotta go watch the first 30 minutes of Full Metal Jacket again. (Thats a hint for those of you playing the home game...)

EDIT: as I watch, I recall that they had switched to M14s by the time the movie was filmed.

Now I need a M1A LOL.

OK, now I understand. I was a bit worried due to the name.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Now I need a M1A LOL.

I thought this might be your reasoning.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Garand guys bring your noggins/tools. Did a basic function check and the safety refuses to budge. Even with a round in the chamber I cannot engage the safety. Hmmmm. I am not amused.

(I expected a basic function check before it left the facility)

Did you ever get this resolved? I saw that you got to shoot it, so hopefully you did. :)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I got my Garand out towards the end of the day and was pleasantly surprised that it likes the PPU 150 grain ammo. 1st shot nailed the 1/4 sized steel AQT @ 100 yards. Still zero'd!

It then popped four 2" Tannerite @ 50 yards standing position with very few misses. Happy happy pew pew!

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    For the next ingo day I think three different challenges.

A. Dueling tree, fastest time wins a cookie. Any gun can be used.

B. Long distance ar shot, if someone would let everyone shoot a single gun to level the playing field. Three shots, two metal targets at varying lengths followed by big metal target at maybe 300 yards.

C. Long distance 22 rifle. Distance to be determined but run what you bring.

Nothing for winning except for bragging rights.

Top Bottom