SPRING OPEN INGO SHOOT May 12th @ProTEQ in Brazil!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Garand guys bring your noggins/tools. Did a basic function check and the safety refuses to budge. Even with a round in the chamber I cannot engage the safety. Hmmmm. I am not amused.

(I expected a basic function check before it left the facility)

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Garand guys bring your noggins/tools. Did a basic function check and the safety refuses to budge. Even with a round in the chamber I cannot engage the safety. Hmmmm. I am not amused.

(I expected a basic function check before it left the facility)

Have you tried a field-strip to see if there's something binding the safety? Really just need to take out the trigger group if you don't want to go through the whole field strip process.

[video=youtube;lTVe3jMimbU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTVe3jMimbU[/video]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Have you tried a field-strip to see if there's something binding the safety? Really just need to take out the trigger group if you don't want to go through the whole field strip process.

[video=youtube;lTVe3jMimbU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTVe3jMimbU[/video]

Only one problem I see. Step 1 is to put it on safe to remove the trigger group. Not being able to put it on safe is the problem. (Assuming it’s like some rifles that putting it on safe releases something internally to allow the removal)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    You should be able to remove the trigger assembly when the safety is off. Spray some lube in there and tap it with a non-marring hammer. Mine is very sticky too.

Good M1 video. Go to 11:18.
    [video=youtube_share;TSRx8ygDftc]http://youtu.be/TSRx8ygDftc[/video]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks. Unfortunately I am at work and cant try it at the moment.

Damn boss expects me to actually show up and be productive if I want to get paid. How ridiculous is that? Doesnt he know its a beautiful day and there are guns that need shot? :):

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis

Damn boss expects me to actually show up and be productive if I want to get paid. How ridiculous is that? Doesnt he know its a beautiful day and there are guns that need shot? :):

It drives me nuts when employers expect productivity on these beautiful days! :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

It drives me nuts when employers expect productivity on these beautiful days! :):

One thing I like about teleworking... I'm very productive! Okay, maybe not work-related productivity, but productive nonetheless. I've already cut the back yard, run the dishwasher and done 3 loads of laundry (including stripping the bed and re-making it). All done before 10 a.m.. :)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Last minute changes at work and Mother's Day festivities will keep me from attending, hope everybody has a good time and post pictures.

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    unfortunately we are experiencing power supply problems & will be scaling back the menu for the concession stand we are scrambling to salvage hot dogs / coneys , cold drinks & possibly something sweet ... nonetheless still plan to be there & give it a go :)

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    we are also overstocked with fresh brown chicken eggs , will bring along roughly 10 dozen & a couple dozen duck eggs also ... $2.50 for chicken $5 for the duck eggs ...

Top Bottom