• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Getting all my French Toast supplies today and pulling the old beater 4x4 Dodge out for any travel I need to do tomorrow. My little Hyundai absolutely sucks in any kind of snow.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Much of what falls for us in Indy will melt on impact. What stays will melt the next day. Sunday's high is 39 and sunny. This STORM is not much to worry about.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Anyone want to bet a 6-pack that we get less than 2"? This is "fake news" at it's finest. They come on a blurb with "heavy snow may be in our future, tune in at 6 for more". They sensationalize the hell out of it, worst possible scenario and then there's barely anything. FWIW, I'm dead smack in the middle of the "heavy" band.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The models keep shifting. This isn’t being spun I don’t think, just a weird storm and very narrow band of snow. They can’t predict where a giant space station is going to hit

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Much of what falls for us in Indy will melt on impact. What stays will melt the next day. Sunday's high is 39 and sunny. This STORM is not much to worry about.

Right, nobody is going to freeze to death waiting for the furnace repairman to trudge through the snow. But it doesn't take much to really mess up travel, which isn't something we usually think about in the end of March.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Right, nobody is going to freeze to death waiting for the furnace repairman to trudge through the snow. But it doesn't take much to really mess up travel, which isn't something we usually think about in the end of March.
    It only messes up travel to those who drive like dumb**ses.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Winter storm 2018 brought to you by Krogers-now back to your regular scheduled programming. Sounds like a bust for us up here.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Yeah, it's way down.

I caught a short interview on the news today with the weatherman's wife. She said, "If he's telling you it's going to be 8" you can expect about 3" at most."

I heard some people talking about getting 6 to 7 inches of snow, but then I realized that they were discussing the latest season finale of Game of Thrones.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    https://local.nixle.com/alert/6476227/?sub_id=2494687

Brown County GovernmentFriday March 23rd, 2018 :: 03:22 p.m. EDT

Advisory
    [h=2]Winter Weather Advisory until 08:00PM Saturday[/h]
    ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 8 PM EDT SATURDAY...

* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total wet snow accumulations of 2 to 5 inches are expected, and ice accumulations of a light glaze are possible.

* WHERE...Portions of central, south central, southeast and west central Indiana.

* WHEN...From 5 AM to 8 PM EDT Saturday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions. Expect reduced visibilities at times.

* AFFECTED AREAS: BARTHOLOMEW ... BOONE ... BROWN ... CLINTON ... DECATUR ... FOUNTAIN ... HAMILTON ... HANCOCK ... HENDRICKS ... JENNINGS ... JOHNSON ... MARION ... MONTGOMERY ... MORGAN ... PARKE ... PUTNAM ... RUSH ... SHELBY ... TIPPECANOE ... VERMILLION ... WARREN

[h=3]Instructions:[/h]A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Expect slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving. The latest road conditions for Indiana can be obtained by calling 1 800 2 6 1 7 6 2 3

Top Bottom