• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I think for once, we are going to get exactly what they predicted, and more!

I tell you what, here in Danville I bet we have 6"+ and I have never seen the roads maintained so poorly. They had cars stuck in the middle of 36 on the hill both directions. That road has 3 departments that could plow and salt....State, Town of Danville and Hendricks County and none of them had touched it. Daughter was stuck in her car so I went to help and sat in a traffic jam that looked like something in California. Just got back, 1 hour...and she was about a mile away. While I was in the jam they brought the snowplow brigade thru and she was able to get on salted pavement and go.

I continued out the country way back home and county roads were not even touched. No plowing, no salting or sand. I don't know what the hell happened but I am thankful we didn't have no snow this winter, because they have just flat sucked at keeping roads decent! I passed a H.C plow truck and he was just driving along, not plowing and spreading nothing. Did see a State truck on 39, he was doing a good job, just way late to the party. I think they are pissed and trying to make a point about something. You think about it and the last 2 snows they have been terrible. Rant over. Blood pressure dropping.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I tell you what, here in Danville I bet we have 6"+ and I have never seen the roads maintained so poorly. They had cars stuck in the middle of 36 on the hill both directions. That road has 3 departments that could plow and salt....State, Town of Danville and Hendricks County and none of them had touched it. Daughter was stuck in her car so I went to help and sat in a traffic jam that looked like something in California. Just got back, 1 hour...and she was about a mile away. While I was in the jam they brought the snowplow brigade thru and she was able to get on salted pavement and go.

I continued out the country way back home and county roads were not even touched. No plowing, no salting or sand. I don't know what the hell happened but I am thankful we didn't have no snow this winter, because they have just flat sucked at keeping roads decent! I passed a H.C plow truck and he was just driving along, not plowing and spreading nothing. Did see a State truck on 39, he was doing a good job, just way late to the party. I think they are pissed and trying to make a point about something. You think about it and the last 2 snows they have been terrible. Rant over. Blood pressure dropping.

Are the schools on spring break? I wonder if a lot of workers were off this week. Or maybe they just don't have as many people on call for a March weekend?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Are the schools on spring break? I wonder if a lot of workers were off this week. Or maybe they just don't have as many people on call for a March weekend?

I think so...but I doubt they will let everyone schedule vacation time for the same week. They had days to prepare for this and they woke me up at 7am plowing, but then I didn't see them again until just now as I was typing this. Heck, they probably were just caught off guard like the rest of us....I know I damn sure didn't expect a 10" snowfall today.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    stlknxr.jpg

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    We’re in Tampa getting ready to head to Midway. An hour ago Southwest cancelled 2 flights into Indy.... one before they boarded and the other one right after they took off.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Darn near whiteout here in Southern IN. Big flakes blowing from the wrong way. Doesn't look to be melting on the road any longer, it's all white too. :rolleyes:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Had a delivery this morning on Maryland and West and had dry roads down there from Lake County with the snow starting around 5:30 your time and left at 8:00 with the snow getting lighter up north and had dry roads from Lafayette north.

Last edited:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    South Carmel... Easily have 6 inches on the patio furniture and I know some melted.

I spent all day in a RWD truck, dodging soccer mom's in Subarus sliding through roundabouts.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    For as much snow we got in Indy, it wasn't too bad driving. The other drivers can't drive but I had little trouble. The temps helped. We've had this amount before that was much more difficult to travel in.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I was surprised to see nothing at 7 AM but it sure made up for arriving late. Glad it's Saturday. I never made the transition out of pajamas today. I've been hitting it pretty hard cutting wood and clearing deadfall for the last several weekends. Great excuse for a lazy day for me!

Top Bottom