• ...and so much more!
  • CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    :yesway:

We (Randolph) probably got the same thing you did, zip. It looked like it could do anything all day long though. Dogs hated it and went to the barn.

Yeah. We got absolutely nothing. I'm so sick of shoveling. I can't say I'm upset it went south of us. I do feel bad for those who got 6"+, though.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    SIL ran the snowblower around the regular circuit 3 times today.

That's horrible. Hopefully, it'll warm up enough tomorrow to at least clear the rest of the roads, driveways, and side walks without anymore effort. Maybe this will be the last snow of the spring season!

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I'm really surprised no one has put any pictures up yet. We didn't get anything here but wind.

We ended up getting right at 7inches in eastern Boone County near Zionsville. Super wet and heavy stuff. The kind that sucks to shovel. So glad I bought that plow blade for the atv a few years back.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    We are near the Montgomery/Boone County line. We received 8-10, depending where you looked last night. It's wet and compacting down very quickly.

The Maremmas love this. This gal was sleeping curled up in the snow until I roused her for a late breakfast.

snow march 2018.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Crawfordsville got hammered by the snow - at least 10 inches where I live. It was wet, so it compressed quickly, which made it it harder to move and harder to drive through and it was slippery as heck.

I backed out of my garage at 11:47 and by that time, we'd received about 6 inches. My driveway is sloped downward to the street, so I made it without too much trouble and I wasn't worried because I knew the homeowner's association's contractor would have it plowed when I got home.

Driving north on US-231, the snow diminished. The roads were bad between Linden and just south of Lafayette because the melting snow on the road cooled the surface, then the wind blew unmelted snow across the road from the big, open fields.

Just north of West Lafayette, the snow was non existent by the time I reached the SR 43 and I-65 interchange new Battleground. Brookston got zero snow.

When I got home about 20:00, I turned into my driveway and grossly underestimated the depth of the snow and how slick it was. Unfortunately the contractor had not yet plowed, but it looked like it wasn't too bad. Unfortunately, the combination of the turn, the upward slope, the depth of the wet snow, and the slick surface were too much for my front wheel drive Traverse. I started slide sideways toward a parked car, but I got it stopped in time to avoid a collision. I could not move forward, so while backing up, I was able to move, but I had little control. When all was said and done, I'd slid into a neighbor's front yard. I couldn't do much to rock it and get it moving again because I was too close to a fire hydrant and a tree.

While I was waiting for the AAA-dispatched tow truck, the snow plow guys came along. They helped me get back on the road and spent some time dragging and plowing the driveway. It was rough going for them even in a big 4WD pickup because of the slope and how slick it was. Eventually with that and some shoveling, they got it so I could pull into the garage.

They didn't plow earlier because after they started earlier in the day, some much more fell that they decided to wait until it stopped, which made sense. I was very grateful for their help and gave each of them a nice tip that I couldn't really afford, but it was the right thing to do and I think they needed it more than I did.

The tow truck arrived after I was safely in the garage. Ironically on an earlier run, he had gotten stuck and had to be pulled out by a passing farmer on a big tractor, who then plowed the way to the car the tow truck was sent to recover.

It was quite a night at at Casa de Rhino.

Top Bottom