• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Site just worked for me and instantly was emailed a shipping label. Springfield Armory ReCall Registration

Was thinking about not sending it in since they do say "voluntary" and I would like to see a bit more info as to what is exactly wrong.

Just to be clear on this: When they announced it was a voluntary recall, I am pretty sure this means that they were not forced by some government authority to issue a recall; i.e., they are the ones voluntarily announcing a recall.

You are obviously under no obligation to participate. However, should a mishap ever occur with that particular weapon as a result of the defect, Springfield Armory would be able to claim that they issued a recall on that part and you were negligent in ensuring the weapon was in compliance with manufacturer specifications.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    If they are sending mailing lables, I would send it in ASAP to try and beat the others sending their's in. Fed Ex will try to deliver 3 times, and must get an adult signature. If they do not get someone on the third try, then they will hold it for a short time, and you have to go get it. I would not be too hard on Springfield, like someone else said, stuff happens. I have sent back Ruger, Kahr and am currently waiting for a Sig to come back. All have been good to me so far. Oh...and just one more reason I always buy a spare of any gun I really like.:)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    did you actually send yours back and see that change? how long did the return take?
    I believe the recall was only issued yesterday, so no one has had a chance to send it in and have it returned yet. It might take awhile.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    It would be nice to know exactly what they are changing.
    also, is there any chance that the roll pin they put in the grip safety could move and jam the safety?

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    It would be nice to know exactly what they are changing.
    also, is there any chance that the roll pin they put in the grip safety could move and jam the safety?
    ^^this was the first concern of mine^^and if it's going to be a new part. I may call but their phones may be pretty busy

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I tried to start the process but keep getting this:

Please enter a valid record ID
    'Pricetype' field in 'Price List Types' datafile

Cannot Save Customer

No clue what this is.

mainbreak

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Elwood
    Filled out the return first thing this morning. shipping label emailed right back. will ship tomorrow. bad thing is i am leaving on vacation without my edc

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How are you guys boxing up your pistol? Sending it in the original plastic case?
    I just boxed the pistol up minus the magazine in a smaller separate cardboard shipping box with fill packaging and taped it up then taped the printed label on it.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I tried to start the process but keep getting this:

Please enter a valid record ID
    'Pricetype' field in 'Price List Types' datafile

Cannot Save Customer

No clue what this is.

Not sure what that is either. I did mine very early this morning (3ish) and it went through fine. Possibly overloaded server, maybe a script blocker in your browser? All the site wanted from me was the SN, name, address, phone, email. Got the email shipping label within a minute and sent it out today.

How are you guys boxing up your pistol? Sending it in the original plastic case?

I sent mine in a very small hard MTM case. I had an Amazon box at first but when I got to the FedEx hub I put it in one of their boxes instead. Thought that might make help keep it in the right area when they get it since all of them are going back FedEx. Thought about sending it back wrapped in newspaper in just to see if they put it in a new box to send it back.:):

FedEx clerk told me it was air shipment and would be out tonight. Hope it doesn't take too long to get back. I'll post again when I get a return shipping notice.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom