• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looks like Springfield is gonna get a **** ton of these dropped off in Geneseo, Il. on tues. after the holiday. Mine will be one of them.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I got a second email exactly like the first one, stating that I'll get an email from fed ex with a return label, but have not received anything from fed ex.

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Anyone have one of the ones outside of the recall serial numbers? Do the non recall guns have roll pins?

wondering if this is a true factory new condition fix or some hodge podge junk fix. I sure would like to know what they're doing. I don't really want to send it in and have them send me back some duct taped up junk fix...

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Is this why I have so many for sale the past couple of months? People have found out, and do not want to take the time to ship them back, so it's easier to just sell them, and let the next guy deal with it?

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Is this why I have so many for sale the past couple of months? People have found out, and do not want to take the time to ship them back, so it's easier to just sell them, and let the next guy deal with it?

no there have been very few cases and they just announced it

Buckbob1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Fairmount
    Think about it guys your not buying the gun again you are just sending it off to be repaired. It is no differant than if you were sending it to any other gunsmith. Your gun will come back to YOU at your home only thing is that an ADULT will have to sign for it from fedex. Also when l talked to speingfield they said guns will be repaired in the order that they recieve them. So no timeline can be given.So hurry and send it if your in a hurry.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yep, especially after going thru all the expense and effort of doing a voluntary recall on their part to correct a potential safety issue.

Um...I'm an engineer, and I know how this crap works. I've worked campaign recalls like this before. Sometimes the "fix" is a junk quick fix. And I guarantee you they are fixing these as quickly/cheaply as possible with that kind of quantity in order to legally cover their butt.

For example, smith and wesson did a horrible job with the fix for the shield .40 mag drop problem. They just sent out dimpled mags as the fix. Now how is that a real fix when production mags are not dimpled? I was supposed to use only the 2 mags I had forever? And excessive frame flex was not addressed, etc...

But thanks for your awesome input. You really opened my eyes :rolleyes:

So again, does anyone know if the new xds outside of the effected serial numbers has the roll pin? I'd like to know if they're replacing parts with factory spec parts, or if they're just duct taping the issue.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Um...I'm an engineer, and I know how this crap works. I've worked campaign recalls like this before. Sometimes the "fix" is a junk quick fix. And I guarantee you they are fixing these as quickly/cheaply as possible with that kind of quantity in order to legally cover their butt.

For example, smith and wesson did a horrible job with the fix for the shield .40 mag drop problem. They just sent out dimpled mags as the fix. Now how is that a real fix when production mags are not dimpled? I was supposed to use only the 2 mags I had forever? And excessive frame flex was not addressed, etc...

But thanks for your awesome input. You really opened my eyes :rolleyes:

So again, does anyone know if the new xds outside of the effected serial numbers has the roll pin? I'd like to know if they're replacing parts with factory spec parts, or if they're just duct taping the issue.
    Meh... Not impressed but thanks for the condescension anyway. I would tend to believe that a "fix" related to a potential safety issue might be just a bit more involved than a junk fix for it to work correctly. You can have this eye roll back too. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom