• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    "bit**ing" was my word, but I didn't mean that it wasn't justified. My point was that so many people seem to be pacified by a $36 freebie by a company that outright lied to us, the customers!
    I haven't sent mine in yet, but I have stopped carrying it.(same as if they would have been honest) As soon as I'm satisfied that others are getting theirs back in a timely fashion, I will send mine in. I really don't care if I get a "free" magazine or not.
    like I said before, I have lost a lot of respect for Springfield!

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't like they were not open about not having a fix. I kind of understand they wanted to get as many off the street as the could. Now to everyone saying the issue is not serious. When you rack your gun are you really sure where that round would go if it fired? You could have it in a safe direction but if it traveled through floors/walls and changed direction are you sure? The free mag in my opinion is nice they could have easily said here is your gun back. Now do I think it cleaned all the wounds of everyone no that would be different for all some would want 100s of rounds, a crimson trace on the gun, custom work, a 1911. I personally will accept their apologies and continue to love my SA pistols. I also want to add if this was my only carry pistol and I didn't have the money to buy something in the interim I would be much less accepting...

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    Yep, increased trigger pull on "upgraded" xds pistols according to todays update. One of the reasons I choose this pistol over other dao pistols was the relatively light trigger. Looks liked I'll be in the market for a shield now.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    My new recall status as of this morning: Your gun has been fixed... Here's hoping for quick shipping!....' On a side note, I wonder why they have taken such pains to call it an "upgrade"all this time and now put "your gun had been fixed" on the recall status?lol

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    Don't worry about the trigger pull till yours comes in, then see. This maybe the poor wording of someone at SA? I hope they are the same or better than when we sent them off. PRP has a great spring kit for XDs's. I had my 9mm installed and it was great IMO. PRP is waiting to sell the 45 kits till they get their XDs's back and make sure they work before shipping-as per my last E mail from them.
    It will be nice to get an extended mag for each gun sent in. I just sent off 2 7 rnd 45 XDs mags to be shortened to 6 rnds, that fit better. If interested PM and I will give you info. Good Luck and hope we all get these back soon and are happy with the safety fix.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    Fixed ones are not back yet and seeing as how they were ALL recalled,these guys are selling them(saw one on Armslist all black trying to get $600 lol)without having the work done. In my opinion,yes they most definitely SHOULD be fixed before sold OR they should inform up front that they didn't want to wait to have it done and sell it priced accordingly. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there who don't care and just want to dump them off on some unsuspecting sucker. Saw one on one of the Facebook groups the other day for sale. When someone specifically asked him if it was a recalled gun he said "Well yeah, BUT THIS ONE IS FINE". I personally believe if someone KNOWINGLY sells someone a gun with a potentially fatal problem and they either do not inform them of it or try to pretend it is fine, a large boulder should be pushed off of a hill onto their heads.

lww

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    West Lafayette
    My recalled XDS (9mm) was shipped out by SA on Friday (10/18), so it looks like it was in the first batch to be completed. Yeah! It is in transit with FedEx, and should be back in my hands by Tuesday (10/22). Then it's off to the range for some fun! I don't really need the extra mag, as I already bought some extras, but I'm not going to refuse it either. It would have been nice if they had been clear at the outset that they were still working on a fix and because of that the turnaround time was indeterminate. However, in the grand scheme of life I see this as a only minor annoyance which will be soon forgotten.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My recalled XDS (9mm) was shipped out by SA on Friday (10/18), so it looks like it was in the first batch to be completed. Yeah! It is in transit with FedEx, and should be back in my hands by Tuesday (10/22). Then it's off to the range for some fun! I don't really need the extra mag, as I already bought some extras, but I'm not going to refuse it either. It would have been nice if they had been clear at the outset that they were still working on a fix and because of that the turnaround time was indeterminate. However, in the grand scheme of life I see this as a only minor annoyance which will be soon forgotten.
    When did you send it in? Just curious as to whether this truly is on a "first received first upgraded" basis.

lww

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    West Lafayette
    When did you send it in? Just curious as to whether this truly is on a "first received first upgraded" basis.
    Here are the shipping dates going out to SA:

Ship (P/U) date:Aug 30, 2013
    Delivery date:Sep 3, 2013 9:58 AM

Shipped back to me from SA on Oct 18, 2013.

--Bill

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Here are the shipping dates going out to SA:

Ship (P/U) date:Aug 30, 2013
    Delivery date:Sep 3, 2013 9:58 AM

Shipped back to me from SA on Oct 18, 2013.

--Bill
    My dates and times are almost exactly the same. As a matter of fact Springfield received my XDS on Sept 3rd. @ 9:54am. We'll see how this develops. No word yet. Thanks.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    My dates and times are almost exactly the same. As a matter of fact Springfield received my XDS on Sept 3rd. @ 9:54am. We'll see how this develops. No word yet. Thanks.
    One of mine was at the same time as yours and the other one was an hour later. So I'm hoping.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town

They got both of mine at the same time on 9/3. I wonder how big of a delivery they got that day. No word on mine yet.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    They got both of mine at the same time on 9/3. I wonder how big of a delivery they got that day. No word on mine yet.
    I'm sure they received a big shipment on 9/3. It was the first business day after the holiday. Alot of people shipped theirs on 8/30 after the recall was announced. I bet it must have been a logistical nightmare receiving them and going through the login process.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I'm sure they received a big shipment on 9/3. It was the first business day after the holiday. Alot of people shipped theirs on 8/30 after the recall was announced. I bet it must have been a logistical nightmare receiving them and going through the login process.

Yep, and don't forget there were many that were received on the first day that were put aside and not logged into the system until several days to a week later. Mine was signed for at 7:38 am on the 3rd but SA has it evtered into the system 4 days later. There are many people on XDTalk that had them on the first day that have found out the same thing. One member shipped two at the same day that signed for on the 3rd as well, one of them was actually entered into the system 5 days later and the other one 10 days later. FIFO with SA is not really happening, maybe close for most but not all.

Top Bottom