• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    I used to ride my bike as a young teenager in hamilton county. Im pretty sure to this day there was a family living in one of the city parks (cant think of the name of it). I would see them from time to time and they looked homeless. They had a daughter, maybe 13-14 who never talked, and i swear she had black eyes. I had seen her a few times and I believe she had some kind of mental disability.

One day, right around sunset, I was riding on a trail through the woods when I spotted the girl. She was just off the trail, and started walking toward me, staring at me and seemed to be talking in tongues. She wasnt speaking words, but she wasnt just screaming either. I cant really explain it, but it was enough to rattle me. I got the hell out of there.

Ill never forget the look on her face.

Also, on the flip side, I have seen a few coyotes and deer on the near eastside of Indianapolis.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Not in the woods, but in my back yard in the burbs of Indy...

Two springs ago, there was a nesting pair of hawks high in the neighbor's oak across the street. They had two fledglings who spent a lot of time on the ground shortly after having learned to fly.

One day, looking out my back window, I saw the two of them in the back yard, picking at the ground. I got closer to the window to observe their behavior. Once I got to the window, I noticed that one hawk was intently looking at something through my side fence. There, on the other side of the chain link, was a squirrel, staring right back at this young raptor.

My first thought was that I might get to watch this guy get his first kill. I was sure the next scene would be the hawk popping over the fence to start ripping out the squirrel's innards. What happened next, however, is something I'll never forget.

The hawk started walking toward the squirrel, who held his ground. All of a sudden, after the hawk had covered about half the distance between them, the squirrel charged straight at the bird - easily twice his size - running right up to the fence that separated them. The bird, apparently more surprised than I was, started backpedaling, flailing his wings around like a man about to fall off a dock. He backed up so fast, he nearly went ass over teakettle into the tree behind him.

The squirrel, having made his impression, quickly darted into the neighbor's bushes.

A few days later, one or both of those hawks flew into that same window, talons first, two different times.

jwdecour

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    About 12 years ago I was hiking in Turkey Run SP and there was an older man just off the trail exposing himself to people. He had on shoes and nothing else. I guess it could have been a hairless big foot. I didn't stick around to find out.

JSeroka

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The weirdest thing I've ever experienced was not something I saw but happened. Some friends and I left my house at 10PM and went for a ride to a remote area about 20 miles away to visit some friends that didn't end up being home in a very rural area. So we drove around awhile and tried back their house and still no one home. So we left and headed back to my house. Mind you round trip 40+ miles on back roads. When we got back to my hours it 10PM. This was not during any time zone changes or daylight savings. We arrived back were we started at the exact time we left....very...weird

mrclean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    I guess I will share my story but some will think im nuts but I promise its true. .year was 1980 and it was on sunday the day after my jounior prom. We were in the car but out in the country. Just dropped off two girls at a place that had bands on sunday night called kramers lake. We were going to pick up a bud and get our minds right lol. It was just getting dark and just barely raining. We were going down st philips road and saw what we thought was a plane going down. We pulled over and this metalic craft was just floating there maybe a 1/8 of a mile away. Cigar shaped and maybe 150 ft long with 7 windows running down the side. We could not believe what we were seeing but I was really not scared. I talked to a guy that is in to UFOs named franis ridge. He has lots of stuff online. I told him what happened about a year ago and he said I was very believeable the way I told my story to him and also stated one of the main reason he believed me was there were alot of reports in this area. Also he told me alot of reports were from older people in the area that you would not expect such wild claims from. The windows were round white very white light comeing from the windows but saw nothing. It would move real fast stop on a dime. Hope you dont think im nuts but I know what we saw. Look up fransis ridge ufo and you will see some good stuff.

Last edited:

Kcustom45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Brownsburg
    The weirdest thing I've ever experienced was not something I saw but happened. Some friends and I left my house at 10PM and went for a ride to a remote area about 20 miles away to visit some friends that didn't end up being home in a very rural area. So we drove around awhile and tried back their house and still no one home. So we left and headed back to my house. Mind you round trip 40+ miles on back roads. When we got back to my hours it 10PM. This was not during any time zone changes or daylight savings. We arrived back were we started at the exact time we left....very...weird

Ummm...that's not weird that's called a broken clock. Happens all the time.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    About 20 years ago while on vacation in Montana. My girlfriend and I came upon an old log cabin. We went inside and there was a diner table with metal dishes and cups on it. Over the fireplace was an old muzzle loader rifle. You could tell the cabin had not be lived in in many years. We discussed it later that night. Decided that I wanted the gun and she wanted the dishes. We searched for 3 days in a drizzling rain, trying to find the cabin again, since this was before GPS. We finally found it on the third day. The cabin had a dirt grass roof. With all the rain we had, the roof had caved in on the cabin. We decided that God did that to keep us out and to not take the items we wanted. So we never tried to dig them out. We just let.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    While cutting and splitting wood today, my wife found an old .50 or .60 ball (maybe bigger, who knows frags could still be in there) buried in the center of a walnut tree. This tree had been down for at least 20 years, we cut it up, hauled it home and when she split it, there was the ball. Upon examining the log, I found NO entry marks, who knows how old that thing is. Not really strange, but neat...

I was cutting a piece of wood trim to put up in the house that I bought from one of the local hardware stores and found a 22 cal. head in it that must have been shot into the tree prior to harvest...VERY COOL!!!

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Ok...I had never seen this befor...but have talked to more people and they said they have seen it....I was out hunting thought I saw a Racoon up in a tree got closer and it was a GROUND HOG????

Didn't know they could climb??

mrclean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    I guess I will share my story but some will think im nuts but I promise its true. .year was 1980 and it was on sunday the day after my jounior prom. We were in the car but out in the country. Just dropped off two girls at a place that had bands on sunday night called kramers lake. We were going to pick up a bud and get our minds right lol. It was just getting dark and just barely raining. We were going down st philips road and saw what we thought was a plane going down. We pulled over and this metalic craft was just floating there maybe a 1/8 of a mile away. Cigar shaped and maybe 150 ft long with 7 windows running down the side. We could not believe what we were seeing but I was really not scared. I talked to a guy that is in to UFOs named franis ridge. He has lots of stuff online. I told him what happened about a year ago and he said I was very believeable the way I told my story to him and also stated one of the main reason he believed me was there were alot of reports in this area. Also he told me alot of reports were from older people in the area that you would not expect such wild claims from. The windows were round white very white light comeing from the windows but saw nothing. It would move real fast stop on a dime. Hope you dont think im nuts but I know what we saw. Look up fransis ridge ufo and you will see some good stuff.

Forgot to add I dont know where it was from here or elsewhere but its somthing we dont see. Oh ya it had green and red marker lights. I think about it more days than not.

kyle1058

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Noble County
    Ok...I had never seen this befor...but have talked to more people and they said they have seen it....I was out hunting thought I saw a Racoon up in a tree got closer and it was a GROUND HOG????

I've shot ground hogs/woodchucks out of trees all the time. I was probably 12 when i shot my first one out of a tree, 10 years ago. Confused the hell out of me... i thought.. it's a "GROUND" hog, right?

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville

I saw a dog tree a ground hog once and like you I was surprised at the fact they could climb.

kspa57

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Avon
    OK I got one from me and couple from my buddy from Russia.
    Mine first. Me and my buddy went hunting in Kentucky, left at like 4am or so. Now day before that we got druck as hell, so we had a little hang over. We got to the place got our gear and walked, while walking (using gps) we started talking about something and it turned into this very long conversation. By that time it was about 6am or 7am and we completely ignored the gps, so while Ryan tryed to recalcualte the gps we keeped walking. Now this is the strangest thing I have ever seen-as we're walking Ryan stops and says "Dude f***** pirates!!! I'm confused so I look in the front and yes I see little pirates. We didn't run we just stood still. Turn out we cross into someone's property and it was little kids dressed up like pirates playing. Yeah I'm never going to go hunting after driking.
    Ok 2 from my Russian buddy, I'll try to type it out as I remeber it.
    1.) His grandfather was hunting in the European part of Russia back in the 70's and he and his buddies had to cross a lake and then set up a tree stand. After a while one of his friends freak out and screams "Tiger!!!!!!! and in a matter of second he looks and sees and big large brown bear next to a tiger. They about shoot them(I think they had mosins he said). But one of them stop it because he knotices colars on their necks. They got lost from a zoo preformers. The came up aiming at them and guided the police and the zoo keepers back to the spot to get the animals. The animals were friendly and were scared more then the hunters.
    2) I'll lay it out just like he told me.(He ex military nato partnership for peace program that's how I know him) I guess back at his home there is people that go mushroom picking(no not the trippy kind-same as a grocery store) so one day they were at a shooting range for BTR's and tanks. Had on the like couple btr-90's and as the about to open fire with anti-tank rockets an officers run out and stops the fire. They look and see a old lady at the end of the range. Of course they hope in the car and pick her up, then they ask her "Why were you there? -picking mushroom. You do know that this is a tank range.- Yes but if they shoot I'll just hide behind that metal silhouette..............That metal silhouette was the target "enemy tank"............She was a WW2 veteran and her grandson was on base that how she go in.

Top Bottom