• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    mre's have gone into rediculous price region. its stupid.

but so is buying from a surplus store. hardly ever will you find a deal in a surplus store that you cant get cheaper on ebay, even with shipping

I wouldn't say that. Depends on what you're looking for. I've found trenchcoats with liners cheaper at Surplus stores than on eBay. Plus, I'd rather give my money to a local than to an anti-gun business like eBay.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I wouldn't say that. Depends on what you're looking for. I've found trenchcoats with liners cheaper at Surplus stores than on eBay. Plus, I'd rather give my money to a local than to an anti-gun business like eBay.

There is one place that you used to be able to find some really good deal's, now they go through everything... the day's of going through the "used boxes" and finding something new are gone I think....

Some things are a little fairly priced....... others are not.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

ill give my money to a fair local business. but not a scalper. yeah i hate the ebay company, but i know lots of good gun owners that sell on there

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    I prefer to have it in hand right off. No waiting, shipping usually kills any deals on ebay anyway. But, Surplus stores are getting rediculous though

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i visited a intentionaly UN-NAMED Indy surplus store the other day to buy some what should have been relatively cheap items. HOWEVER I was appauled at the rediculously high prices in there on almost everything worth buying. just thought id give anyone a heads up if you were planning your trip around gearing up at a surplus store. I will say the young guy in there was friendly. but friendly doesnt save me money. i was prepared to pay full price, just not get scalped, so i didnt buy.

Large ALICE PACK with Frame:

"un-named" surplus store price: beat the hell up, almost $200

Ebay Price: like new, $30 delivered

thats my point, that while i would like to support a local business and have the item in hand TODAY, without having it shipped, who in their right mind would waste over $150 of their money just to support a business? Only a stupid person, and yes i know they are out there. just like on an INGO thread i was talking about getting a fair deal on a item on a "un-named" internet website, and then someone made a less than intelligent statement that an INGO advertiser sold the same item for ONLY $30 more PLUS TAX so everyone should go support them instead. sorry thats flawed thinking, and no one with that thinking would have 2 quarters to rub together for long if they truely followed that way of thinking. that extra $30 plus tax is almost a tank of gas. Might as well go to a bar and drink away your $30 in my opinion, at least your the one benefiting from it.
    Like ive said before, im all for supporting the local, little guy, but im for supporting saving money first. I respect the businesses that need to cover overhead, and the INGO advertisers price wasnt the best but it wasnt outragious either. BUT the surplus stores prices WERE VERY OUTRAGIOUS!!! 2 cents

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    So I was excited to find out that there was a surplus store close to me so I took off and went to Rushville to Sgt. Smith.....that was my first and last visit!I understand that our economy is in a slump and everyone is struggling, but to sit around talking about that the ENTIRE time someone is in your store gets a little old!

It was amazing to see that I was the only person in the store but feel like he didn't care he had a customer! He didn't want to answer any questions because he was busy polishing his stupid pins on the counter and the prices were far from impressive....I mean $20 for a rusty empty ammo can?

Even tho I hated the feeling I got from him and will never return, I still decided to support him and buy an MRE, an Esbit stove and some tablets, and a can opener.

Oh well, you win some, you lose some....maybe Indy has a better surplus store?!?!

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    Oh well, you win some, you lose some....maybe Indy has a better surplus store?!?!
    Nope. really only one. It's overpriced. I bought a Alice Pack with frame for 45 back before the MOLLE system was introduced. Once that was released, ALICE systems flooded the Surplus world. Should be like 10-20 now, but they are 100 or more there. Not gonna find good deals there.

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Nope. really only one. It's overpriced. I bought a Alice Pack with frame for 45 back before the MOLLE system was introduced. Once that was released, ALICE systems flooded the Surplus world. Should be like 10-20 now, but they are 100 or more there. Not gonna find good deals there.

thanks for the info....saved me a trip. Guess I'll just have to order online even tho I hate to because of shipping prices! :xmad:

Anyone have a suggestion for a good place online to get surplus items like ammo cans/MOLLE bags/MREs/etc? Only place I've really found is cheaperthandirt...and most people say they aren't so cheap.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    thanks for the info....saved me a trip. Guess I'll just have to order online even tho I hate to because of shipping prices! :xmad:

Anyone have a suggestion for a good place online to get surplus items like ammo cans/MOLLE bags/MREs/etc? Only place I've really found is cheaperthandirt...and most people say they aren't so cheap.

EBAY. i hate the ebay company, but there are lots of very good gun toting sellers on there. and they are just trying to get a nut too in a commy run website

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    EBAY. i hate the ebay company, but there are lots of very good gun toting sellers on there. and they are just trying to get a nut too in a commy run website

any recommended sellers or just ebay in general? I'll start looking on there and maybe craigslist before anywhere else.

Thanks for the info guys....really appreciated! :ingo:

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    The Army Surplus at 21st and Arlington has been there for decades . I remember going there as a kid . There is not much real army surplus there or " out there " any more . He has mostly commercial stuff now .. but still a good place to go ,

Last edited:

seanamus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Tropic surplus 612 N A street Richmond Indiana 47374 phone # 7659660417
    run by a guy named miles he has been there for years and will order stuff for you if you want

seanamus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    he will ship it to your house too, he does not charge too much he shipped my shirt for 4~$ so it would have cost almost as much just to drive there

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Tropic surplus 612 N A street Richmond Indiana 47374 phone # 7659660417
    run by a guy named miles he has been there for years and will order stuff for you if you want

Updated OP to show business.

Anyone know if that one went out of business?

Top Bottom