• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Any ideas on where to find magazines for this gun???

No, but I found some clips... ;)

21I5huiXVhL.jpg

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    I was going to steer you towards a 4" to keep it carry-able, but it's too late for that now, so I'll just suggest a 4" K-frame to carry for your next one. Or a 617 twin to your 686 for the kids to shoot.

I like the Uncle Mikes grips I put on mine. I didn't like the Hogues, mainly because of the way the attachment method made the butt of the grip longer--not so good on a carry gun. And I liked the harder rubber on the UM. I think the UM may be a tad thicker too.

For handloads I used to run 158gr SWC over a starting load (5.2gr?) of AA#2 in .357 cases with a light crimp. Really pleasant-shooting and more accurate than factory loads, but a bit smoky.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Long time no see ma'am....I hope all is well with you Snap...

Rumor is Snap can ring some steel with her wheelguns......

Thanks, Indi. 2018 has been a challenge. Quit a job, got a job, went through a breakup, lost a dog, got another one. Had a few bumps in the road healthwise with my mom recently, but she's doing better now. Still kicking at 85.

I am definitely in need of gunpowder therapy.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm right there with you, yetti. I can't afford to collect guns any more. I'm going to thin the herd to guns that are useful to keep. (And most of them happen to be Smith revolvers.)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Look around for a Chiappa Rhino. The action is exactly alike for 2, 4, 5, 6 inch barrel.
    it is different from all the others.
    Sort of like column 3 speed stick shift and when you use 3 on the floor.
    Once you quickly get the feel of it.
    You will never go back.

Now they come in 357/38 and 9mm.
    Exactly the same action.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have been sucked back into the S&W revolver thing. Also picked up a pretty sweet Ruger.

1. Understood. Been looking over some good looking Rugers myself in the classifieds.
    2. There was a Western-sytle: Ruger Stainless Steel, Lipsey’s Exclusive, New Model Blackhawk Convertible, 5.5in barrel, 357/38 cylinder & 9mm Luger cylinderModel # 05247 but it was only S/A therefore could not replace my Ruger Security Six for home defense (in addition to the Ruger P95 15 round semi-auto).
    3. Then there was the Ruger Stainless Steel, GP-100 , 6in barrel, 6 round 357Mag/38spl that I thought long about, but it has an offer pending now.
    4. I at least would have bought the Ruger Stainless Steel, GP-100 , 4.2in barrel, 6 round 357Mag/38spl Model # 01705, but there was an offer pending on it when I first saw it a couple of days ago.
    5. My Security Six usually makes me behave myself with looking at revolvers since it is marvelous with SS and large wooden grips and I picked it up for $425 I think.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    A little help to suck in anybody on the edge:

Range Report: Ruger GP100

The GP100 is capable of absorbing the pounding of a steady diet of .357 Magnum ammunition without going out of time. The shooter will be tired long before the revolver shows any signs of trouble. The GP100 is not only among the most rugged revolvers ever designed, it is among the most accurate as well. In the case of the Ruger GP100, you can also opt for a 7-shot .357 Magnum. Do we have your attention now?

Ruger-GP100-7-shot-2.jpg

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I have been sucked back into the S&W revolver thing. Also picked up a pretty sweet Ruger.

Thats called reliving your youth.... S&W’s are worse then 1911s. I had one 629 in the safe... then added a 3” 60-15. Then those two conspired to get their own shelf in the safe and 2 model 19s, a model 28, a 625 5” and another 629 joined the group. It’s horrible!

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Here's my question about revolvers: which gun shops have any? It seems everyone has the same few offerings from Ruger and Taurus, but where can I find a dozen or more S&Ws to look at?

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Look around for a Chiappa Rhino. The action is exactly alike for 2, 4, 5, 6 inch barrel.
    it is different from all the others.
    Sort of like column 3 speed stick shift and when you use 3 on the floor.
    Once you quickly get the feel of it.
    You will never go back.

Now they come in 357/38 and 9mm.
    Exactly the same action.

These look interesting for sure, but expensive and (IMHO) ugly as sin!!! :dunno:

Top Bottom